2347 17 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
julpap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915 ft
Australia

Greetings,

I am pretty new to the world of drones, after a week of using my new DJI Spark + Controller i have encountered a weird issue where i loose control of the drone and fly randomly away and receive the error message : " Warning Compass Error. P-GPS Mode & Warning: In flight working IMU encounters heading expections, please switch to atti mode if crafe behave abnormally. I am worried if the drone itself has a technical issue. I have collbrated both the IMU and Compass at home before heading upon the park to fly. unsure if my first crash in the tree leaves and flying and light rain appeared has caused the issue.

Please assist

Thanks
2017-12-3
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

You might like to read my post entitled 'Understanding the Compass' . I think it's on page 2.
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you upload your flight log, just click on link below and follow instructions come back here and post your link, it might give some understanding of what is going wrong.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-12-3
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-3 07:16
Can you upload your flight log, just click on link below and follow instructions come back here and post your link, it might give some understanding of what is going wrong.

Thanks for the info,
I will be uploading these details tonight after work
so far DJI assistance 2 for mac does not work properly for me
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

julpap Posted at 2017-12-3 15:14
Thanks for the info,

You won’t need assistant to upload these logs
2017-12-3
Use props
ernie_halter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85207 ft
United States

You shouldn't calibrate a compass inside or near a house. Should be in a wide open area.
2017-12-3
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30784 ft
Germany

I had that same problem today with the addition of another message saying something about magnetic interference. Spark started moving sideways, crossing more than 200 meters from the spot where I received all error messages. I was running in that direction and finally regained connection and flew it back. Now I have nightmares that next time I won't be so lucky .
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

choban Posted at 2017-12-3 15:44
I had that same problem today with the addition of another message saying something about magnetic interference. Spark started moving sideways, crossing more than 200 meters from the spot where I received all error messages. I was running in that direction and finally regained connection and flew it back. Now I have nightmares that next time I won't be so lucky .

Can you upload your flight log to link below. Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

2017-12-3
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-3 15:18
You won’t need assistant to upload these logs

Thanks for the tip, so the logs via the App on my mobile device?
2017-12-3
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Australia

ernie_halter Posted at 2017-12-3 15:36
You shouldn't calibrate a compass inside or near a house. Should be in a wide open area.

I will deff attempt to re-calibrate the compass in a Wide open area. weird thing is when i did attempt to calibrate the compass, it only made me spin twice, one making the drone go in a  360 circle and one on its left side. No right side or up side down.  Is it okay to calibrate the IMU at home or again in a wide open area?
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

julpap Posted at 2017-12-3 16:45
Thanks for the tip, so the logs via the App on my mobile device?

Yes mobile device.

Regarding IMU yes you can do it from home.

Regarding compass.

Calibration gives the compass the information it needs to determine which magnetic influences are part of the Spark and what is the earth's normal magnetic field.
The compass doesn't lose calibration and doesn't ever need re-calibration unless you add or remove equipment to/from the Spark
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

julpap Posted at 2017-12-3 15:14
Thanks for the info,

Hi, sir. Please ensure that there is no interference around your spark. You can enter the wifi setting and choose the channel with best signal. Please read our manual carefully about the flight environment.
flight environment.PNG
2017-12-3
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-3 15:47
Can you upload your flight log to link below. Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

Hi halmark007,

Here's my log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/UJAXRCIIPU4MP239BRR1/

I made a mistake by starting this flight without a proper GPS lock and I was really close to the building, but after my Spark acquired a GPS lock everything seemed fine until all warning messages popped up and the drone started drifting.

I am really afraid to fly again, even though I bought DJI Care Refresh which means nothing if I cannot find it...
2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think looking at the area you were flying in it’s almost certain you picked up some magnetic interference on the ground, this can happen regularly from taking off from concrete or close to metal objects, you may not see this straight away , but it can take effect during your flight, and it looks like this happened here.
Before you take off you should always check the small red triangle in lower left hand corner it should be on the same heading as your Spark if it’s not you need to move location and start again.
Check out link below might help with your preflight.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

2017-12-4
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you for this useful info. This is already second time it happened (different locations). Everything is fine at first and then all hell breaks loose.
2017-12-4
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I posted a thread about this type of issue, and bumped it after the black friday sales in hopes of someone like you seeing it, here is the link:  
spark flyaway
2017-12-4
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Australia

I re-collbrated my compass on my spark at a Park yesterday and seems to be flying fine except sometimes it will go off direction unsure if wind related.
2017-12-4
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

The compass doesn't really pick up interference like a radio or similar.
The problem is local distortion of the magnetic field by ferrous objects.
Rather like a boulder in a  river causes redirecting of water close to it.A marker held there would read a direction at variance with main clean flow.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules