DJI GO 4 app crashing
1584 21 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

I had the GO  app crash while flying twice yesterday, P4P, lasted udate. It was fortunate i had VLOS on both occations and was able to go home sucussfully. Ipad Mini 4 and go app are current versions.
Any DJI mods care to chime in on what the issue is and when there will be a resolution?

Thanks

Dave
2017-12-3
Use props
fans32491d1f
New

United Kingdom

Same. Crashes every time.
2017-12-3
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Uninstall and reinstall it again.
2017-12-3
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

You left out the important details: which tablet/smartphone you are using,  which OS version, which App version...
2017-12-3
Use props
jonboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 528097 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had this happen repeatedly today never happened before not updated or anything recently just kept closing and had to keep reopening it
2017-12-3
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-12-3 08:31
You left out the important details: which tablet/smartphone you are using,  which OS version, which App version...

Ipad mini 4, everything is current versions
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_zZDJ95l
New
Flight distance : 2241 ft
United States

I have used both iPhone 6 and iPhone X, and app crashes all the time. I get one good flight in, and then went out today and every 10 seconds it crashes. Makes using the Mavic almost useless since I have to keep trying to get the app to work.
2017-12-3
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

What version of iOS , I’ve read people are having problems with 11.1.2 and.now 11.2 is out, I won’t be updating from 11.1.1 this works fine with both go 3 and 4.
2017-12-3
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Bond Posted at 2017-12-3 10:49
Ipad mini 4, everything is current versions

There is a known problem with the last releases of iOS,  11.x.x  -maybe this is the problem... (also for comment #7)
2017-12-3
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

I have tried today with iOS 11.2 and no problem.
2017-12-3
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I was flying over water, which had nothing to do with the problem,  it just added to the anxiety level a bit.  The Go 4 app was crashing  continually.  Over the course of a 10 minute flight, it probably crashed at least 5 to 6 times.  I was using  ipad air 2.   The app didn't indicate that there was any pending updates, but it turned out that there was.    I downloaded the latest go 4 app from the site, and installed it.   Fired the app back up and it crashed as before.   I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  The latest update combined with un-installing and re-installing the app seems to have resolved the crashing problem.    I should add the crashing was also occuring when I was just looking at photos within the go 4 app.

This same type of crashing happened once before,   no undeates were noted or "required" but the app kept crashing.    I followed the process noted above and the abending stopped.

I
2017-12-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is this the first time this has happened?
I fly the P4Pro with an Ipad Mini 4 and do not have any issues.
Which IOS version are you on because there have been several updates in recent times.
2017-12-3
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-3 22:10
Is this the first time this has happened?
I fly the P4Pro with an Ipad Mini 4 and do not have any issues.
Which IOS version are you on because there have been several updates in recent times.

I thought the crashes may have had something to do with a recent ios updated, but based upon the stability after the go 4  uninstall /reinstall,  I feel pretty confident saying the issue is with DJI and not Apple.. I didn't have to re-install or  or path  ios.
2017-12-3
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 724570 ft
Indonesia

I experienced the same problem.
crash for approximately in every 1 minute when I open DJI GO 4.

Ipad Mini 4, iOS and APP current version.
2017-12-4
Use props
Orbis Terrae
New

Switzerland

Same for me, scary, crash every 20s on iPhone 6S, iOS 11.2 ans DJI go 4.1.18. That + jello effect = disappointed customer !!!
2017-12-4
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
United States

fansb2edd25e Posted at 2017-12-3 22:17
I thought the crashes may have had something to do with a recent ios updated, but based upon the stability after the go 4  uninstall /reinstall,  I feel pretty confident saying the issue is with DJI and not Apple.. I didn't have to re-install or  or path  ios.

Just an update.... after  a day of  the app crashing repeatedly,  as noted above I uninstalled and reinstalled the go 4 app.    It seems that resolved the crashing problem I had, because the app was crashing  without even being connected to the controller.  

I flew today, more to see if the app was stable, and it seems like the problem has been resolved.  I only flew 1 battery, or about 20  minutes or so , but the app didn't crash once.

I can't prove or disprove what I'm about to say,  but today's flight seems to bear out what I believe was going on:

I think that somehow,  DJI may have been polling the app, perhaps suggesting that DJI was trying  to communicate there was an update.   The app said the software was up to date  prior to my app crash filled flight.   After the update,  the  app appears to be stable,  and by the way  there was a more  current version of the  go 4 app.  The version I now have gives the "quiz".  The previous verison
I was running  didn't have any  pilot quizzes associated with it.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the crash is due to the iOS, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation.
If you are running iOS 11.2 now, please help to provide the name with the mobile device, the version of the app and your DJI account, as well as the crash logs. The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
Thank you for your help.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Dave, what's the current version of APP and OS of mobile devices? Please backup your files, uninstall the APP, delete all related files and reinstall again. If no helps, please kindly leave your account here, we'll forward to our engineers for further review.

2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Orbis Terrae Posted at 2017-12-4 01:38
Same for me, scary, crash every 20s on iPhone 6S, iOS 11.2 ans DJI go 4.1.18. That + jello effect = disappointed customer !!!

Hi Orbis, for the app crash issue, please refer to my reply on 17#. For your experience, I would like to learn more about the jello effect. Could you please tell me which drone you are using? Please do a gimbal calibration first, and avoid flying in a strong wind environment. Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello All,

The app's crash is caused by the IOS operating system and this issue has been fixed in IOS 11.2. Please update to the latest OS, uninstall the APP and reinstall again(please kindly backup all local files and sync the flight records to avoid data loss in advance). If no helps, please kindly offer the below information for further assistance. Thanks for your support and understanding.
1. APP version:
2. Mobile Device Model:
3. DJI Account:
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Orbis Terrae Posted at 2017-12-4 01:38

Hello Orbis, I've replied you in this post, please keep us updated there, thanks!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1063486
2017-12-4
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
United States

I’ve updated iOS, deleted and reinstalled GO 4. Haven’t tested yet, will update once I do so.
Dave
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules