3528 6 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf76b605c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379619 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,
              I am a newbie and I am requesting more information please regarding the SD card in the controller not recording any flight details or video on it.
I have looked on the forums and have seen people having the same problem but I have not seen an answer so please help me. As I understand the SD card can act like a black box and store data should the drone come down and assist me in the finding of it, can someone please let me know what settings I need to turn on to enable this, I have looked in the manual and on the forum and cannot find a thing and I am sure loads of us are struggling with this one.
Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Many Thanks.
2017-12-3
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

The flight information is saved by the DJI app in the controller in the case of a p4p+, or the controller monitor, phone, pad, whatever in other cases. But it sounds like you have nothing saved on the SD in the ac, is this the case? Or are you referring to the controller SD only.
2017-12-3
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Cache settings can be found in the general settings as seen below, from my p4p:

This may be different to your prp+ as it has an SD card in the controller as well.
2017-12-3
Use props
fansf76b605c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379619 ft
United Kingdom

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-3 12:16
The flight information is saved by the DJI app in the controller in the case of a p4p+, or the controller monitor, phone, pad, whatever in other cases. But it sounds like you have nothing saved on the SD in the ac, is this the case? Or are you referring to the controller SD only.

Oh I see so the info is not stored on the SD Card but in the controller, I will have a look tomorrow.
The SD card in the drone works fine, I just remove it and download the photos and videos on to my iMac.
So what is the purpose of the SD card in the controller then please, I thought like a lot of others for some reason that the flight data and possbly other info to assist us if the drone went down was stored there.

Many Thanks.
2017-12-3
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

The controllers for the p4 and p4p do not have an integrated screen and require an additional device to monitor the flight. This monitoring device is usually a mobile telephone or touchpad such as an iPad, this device also has a storage capability and depending on type sometimes also an SD card. It is this device that is used to store the flight information and a 720 version of the films transmitted back to the controller during flight.

The controller for the p4p+ has a screen integrated and requires additionally a storage that the otherwise similar controllers do not have, thus, the extra SD card. On the SD card in the ac is stored the actual films and pictures made during the flight, in a quality set-up by you in the controller and a copy of the films in 720 also.

So now, good night to you, and me, its rather late now. Check out the following as a general help. There is lot to learn about the p4 and some of it is very elusive.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-118397-1-1.html

2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansf76b605c Posted at 2017-12-3 13:23
Oh I see so the info is not stored on the SD Card but in the controller, I will have a look tomorrow.
The SD card in the drone works fine, I just remove it and download the photos and videos on to my iMac.
So what is the purpose of the SD card in the controller then please, I thought like a lot of others for some reason that the flight data and possbly other info to assist us if the drone went down was stored there.

Hi sir, the files will store in the RC system memory, for the SD card slot, it can be used for the firmware update.
2017-12-9
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The slots that you are referring to are in the Crystal Sky.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules