Please offer Advice. Worst Tech Supports ever? Refund?
1734 8 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

My inspire 1 camera unit was shipped off over two weeks ago.   I have heard nothing on the matter, but today I called them and was given the run around  6 weeks, yes you will be waiting 6 weeks until I hear something.  The tone was as if this was my problem, not theirs....I guess that's true.
I am desperately searching for a camera for a faulty Inspire 1 camera that I received.   I have hit a brick wall with DJI Support (no pun intended) .  Absolutely no answers,  no spare parts,  no product support  (yet they claim to have 24 hour support, not true).   Due to the launch of the Phantom 3,  it amazes me that DJI didn't wait to fix the Inspire 1 (parts) backorder problem.   Now their resources will be going to the Phantom 3 as the Inspire 1 issues continue.   I realize that many people have had great experiences with the Inspire 1.  However, if by chance you recieved a unit with faulty firmware or camera, you are screwed.   The people at DJI are trained to say nothing.  There is a shrowd of secrecy around what is happening with DJI backorders on parts.   For someone who relies on drones for everyday production, this means losing business.  I must say my business,  after over a year of buying pretty much every DJI product, is over.   It's not even about the lack of products to support the Inspire 1 (ok a little).  For me it is the way they are treating customers, ie , like crap.    It may be time to make a change to 3D robotics.  If anyone has experience with 3D robotics please let me know your thoughts.  The fact that they "are not allowed to talk about the backorder on parts"  is alarming.   

Has anyone at all found a way to circumvent this internal DJI bureaucracy and get the parts they need?  Can I get a refund on my purchase?

(Also please don't send back a link to all e rc and tell me they have the part.... THEY DON"T!!!!)
2015-4-14
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"Has anyone at all found a way to circumvent this internal DJI bureaucracy"

They are a billion dollar company who refuses to invest in customer service. And why would they? They still got our money, right?

2015-4-14
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-4-15 07:57
"Has anyone at all found a way to circumvent this internal DJI bureaucracy"

They are a billion doll ...

@jhogge , Agreed they do,  but they aren't getting a cent more from me and I know a lot of people that feel the same way.  I'm not talking one or two people either.  They are a lot of people on here that don't realize that things are as bad as they are.  Your system is flying right at the moment and things may seem to be ok?   However they are not.  I used to be an advocate for DJI.   I was in the early wave of FPV Drone users and was excited.  However now I realize that the supply chain problems are REAL--real bad .  At any moment the Chinese can halt production and as we have already seen,  they can and will.  They will offer no answers for problems, and their own employees are , and I quote "we are not allowed to talk about when our backorders will be filled".   For such a large company, that may be the scariest statement I have heard.   What if Apple computers went a month without as much as an update about their marquee product?  Apple's valuation would TANK.   Since DJI is not included in our markets this allows them the freedom to screw us over and have zero consequences.    I really hope all consumers reading this realize that you could be next.  You could lose crucial jobs, grants,  or the ability to showcase your talents because of the lack of technical support coming from DJI...  If someone from DJI is reading this, a simple timetable for replacement parts could have sufficed.  Instead you have angered hundreds of fans of your products.  I know we wish you would work with us instead of against us.   
2015-4-14
Use props
jfro
lvl.1

United States

I'm in the same boat only I've had 2 camera's go bad.    I've found nothing to get them to look at the problem.  Only recourse I see is to ask for a refund, but unfortunately that will come from the dealer, not the people responsible.

It is the flat out worse attempt at customer service I've ever seen.   

The peeps that have Inspires that are running fine aren't going to help or pressure DJI.  It's only those of us who are getting hosed.

2015-4-14
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

I hope the 3DR people are monitoring these threads.  They stand a chance to score a major victory in the area of service even as they are playing catch up product-wise. I had such high hopes for the things I would be doing with my Inspire but I'm unwilling to risk the $$$ I have in it until I'm confident it won't just fly into a tree or building unexpectedly.  That might take a long time even if the firmware does fix the unpredictable behavior.
2015-4-14
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

Email me your contact information, mitchkell7@gmail.com. I'm at NAB talking directly to DJI til Thursday I'll see if I can at least pass your issue along.

I'm not affiliated with DJI or anyone else. I'm just an end user who loves flying and wanted people to be able to do the same.

BTW, to answer your question, having met some folks at 3DR this week as well. They were very pleasant to talk to. They have a very tight and connected core of users. And although I think DJI still has a leg up on drone technology, the software side of 3DR is pretty fascinating. They also told me about some new stuff in the pipeline that I'm not sure I can technically speak about, and it's got the potential to be a killer market.

2015-4-14
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-15 13:41
Thank you all for taking this thread seriously.  I am angry at DJI because I am not a rich man.  I ...

I thought so too, I'm not sure if any new products have been announced yet. Exhibitors on the show floor are not technically allowed to sell anything. It's part of the contract they have with the convention... So most likely they do not have available product to sell or exchange. Again, the only thing I can do is talk to them, but I'll inquire.
2015-4-14
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mkell_CA_SF.BAY Posted at 2015-4-15 13:46
I thought so too, I'm not sure if any new products have been announced yet. Exhibitors on the show ...

I was kind of joking. " Breaking News, DJI @ NAB announce never before seen replacement parts! "
2015-4-14
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
United States

That is a good one.... I brought my inspire here with me, but Vegas is in the middle of a sandstorm and 40+mile in hour winds. Might have to wait on that one...or I should at least have them go out with me if I have a "fly away"
2015-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules