Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight records
1576 15 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse9113775
lvl.2
Flight distance : 724472 ft
Denmark

Hi all,

I'm a total newbie - Mavic Pro is my very first drone ever (and first time I've been flying one, was yesterday).

I took the Mavic out for a spin and flew about 5 km in total. I could see my flight records on my iPhone.

Later that evening my DJI GO 4 started crashing after 1-2 minutes. So I removed the app, and reinstalled it. It worked - the app worked again. But I wasn't aware that I should have synced data before removing the app so flight records where lost. Fair enough.

Today I flew 8 km in total. Got some flight records. But again the app started crashing so I decided to get back home. Back home I was able to press the sync-button in the flight records menu and it responded "completed" (or was it success?) after a short while - whereafter my app crashed once again. But I had my "completed" status, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now the app works again - but there are no flight records! Also if I try to sync again (having selected "All") it just says 0 records.

So have I (once again) lost my flight records?

And does anyone know when DJI fix the app? I am SO close to download Lihchi and see if this app is more stable.
2017-12-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

me and others had this problem also in the beginning - cant remember the fix, sorry but some one on this forum is likely to be able to help ( i hope). I remember how frustrating it was and also wanted to move to expore lichi - the downside of lichi is that you will have a more difficult defense if something happens to yr drone whilst using litchi and then asking dji to sort the problem out. as a newbee that is a brave 1st flight distance. It is fine mavic handles that no problem - however when flying that sort of distance be careful to watch out for the wind. For example if the wind picks up and you are a few km downwind on a low battery - you might not get back. So when flying long distance always be aware of the wind conditions and try to fly upwind of yr home point rather than downwind.
2017-12-3
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out my thread on a fix, has worked for me and others. https://forum.dji.com/thread-122219-1-1.html
2017-12-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

also a tip to add for a newbee who likes to fly far - ensure yr RTH battery settings are at least 30% and when the low battery warning starts then definately start to go home. Rather arrive home with extra battery than not make it home because critical battery did a forced landing in water or a place where you cant find it. remember also that 30 % is actually really only about 15% because at 15% the drone will seek to land itself due to critical battery.
2017-12-3
Use props
fanse9113775
lvl.2
Denmark

Thx for all the good tips!

And yes, I started going upwind (12 hm/h) and the Mavic ran home downwind (37 km/h - not using sport mode yet - still getting confident with the drone).

And the TOTAL distance of all my flights was 8 km (used three batteries and told it to return to home when down to 30%). Max distance from my point was approx 1200 meters.

DocQuicksand, will try clearing the cache next time. I experience the same issues as JBInspire: flying two batteries is fine. But on the third one it crashes. Will clear the cache at each battery change in the future
2017-12-3
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear about you flight syncing problems.  But so glad to hear that you iPhone users have the app crashing regularly as well as some Android phones!  Sucks, but proves iPhones aren't as good as the followers say they are!
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, so there had some records on the app before you removed the app and the syncing had finished successfully, right? Could you please provide me with your DJI account? I will help to check it again.
And for the crash issue, it is due to the iOS, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation.
If you are running iOS 11.2 now, please help to provide the name with the mobile device, the version of the app and your DJI account, as well as the crash logs. The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
Thank you for your help.
2017-12-4
Use props
fanse9113775
lvl.2
Denmark

Tex21 Posted at 2017-12-3 17:25
Sorry to hear about you flight syncing problems.  But so glad to hear that you iPhone users have the app crashing regularly as well as some Android phones!  Sucks, but proves iPhones aren't as good as the followers say they are!

Haha, yes iPhone users have the same problems as Android users!

I have had both Android and iPhone devices. My current is an iPhone as it is a company phone. Whatever smartphone I have I tend to be fund of it :-). But yes, electronic gadgets tends to give me gray hair :-)
2017-12-4
Use props
fanse9113775
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 01:25
Hi sir, so there had some records on the app before you removed the app and the syncing had finished successfully, right? Could you please provide me with your DJI account? I will help to check it again.
And for the crash issue, it is due to the iOS, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation.
If you are running iOS 11.2 now, please help to provide the name with the mobile device, the version of the app and your DJI account, as well as the crash logs. The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.

Hi DJI Thor,

Correct - I did sync successfully before removing my app. My DJI account is olf@doo.dk. It would be nice to get the approximately 8 km flight logs back :-)

I did not have 11.2 installed! Hope this will fix the error. Installing right now! Will remove and reinstall app after update.

As not having 11.2 installed during flight guess no need to send crash logs.

Thank you very much for your help!
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fanse9113775 Posted at 2017-12-4 04:41
Hi DJI Thor,

Correct - I did sync successfully before removing my app. My DJI account is . It would be nice to get the approximately 8 km flight logs back :-)

Hi there, I tried syncing your recording according to your account, it always failed. I don't know if I had typed the wrong account, but I checked many times and I was sure it was right. So the account you provided is also correct, right?
If so, then the record might not be saved. Please try to sync the next time you flew and I will help to sync again.
2017-12-5
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-5 00:21
Hi there, I tried syncing your recording according to your account, it always failed. I don't know if I had typed the wrong account, but I checked many times and I was sure it was right. So the account you provided is also correct, right?
If so, then the record might not be saved. Please try to sync the next time you flew and I will help to sync again.

Hi Thor,

Thank you very much for trying! Yes it is the correct account.

I wont be able to fly until the coming weekend - and only if the weather is allright (its cold and dark in Denmark this time of the year - and quite windy too).

Don't stress about it - if I don't get the flight records its all fine - I am sure I will get some nice flights to record in the future :-)
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-5 02:31
Hi Thor,

Thank you very much for trying! Yes it is the correct account.

Hi Ole, thank you for your kindness. And it would be nice to work it out, let's see if it works the next time. You can sync it first (and when it succeeds, there will be a tiny cloud icon behind the record), then let me know and I will sync it on my side to see if it could work. Thank you for your work and have a nice day.
2017-12-6
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-6 04:49
Hi Ole, thank you for your kindness. And it would be nice to work it out, let's see if it works the next time. You can sync it first (and when it succeeds, there will be a tiny cloud icon behind the record), then let me know and I will sync it on my side to see if it could work. Thank you for your work and have a nice day.

Hi Thor,
Okay - I made a little tour inside my living room! Got a flight record which I synced and now there is a little cloud next to the record (well, records, since I made two small flights).

So please go ahead and do your magic :-)

Thank you for all your help and assistance and have a nice day.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-6 04:49

Thor, I mentioned this in another thread but even though the little cloud icon appears next to the flight record, that does not mean it has synced. For some reason, with the latest DJI GO 4 app 4.1.18 or an issue on the DJI servers, not all Mavic flight records are being uploaded. That is why the OP had no records the first time after syncing.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2017-12-6 09:01
Hi Thor,
Okay - I made a little tour inside my living room! Got a flight record which I synced and now there is a little cloud next to the record (well, records, since I made two small flights).

Hi Ole, I can finally sync the records, there are two records on your account now, but only two, no previous one.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-6 18:04
Thor, I mentioned this in another thread but even though the little cloud icon appears next to the flight record, that does not mean it has synced. For some reason, with the latest DJI GO 4 app 4.1.18 or an issue on the DJI servers, not all Mavic flight records are being uploaded. That is why the OP had no records the first time after syncing.

Hi Jenee, I had replied you on that thread, please check. Let's do a test.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules