Painted DJI Spark
2235 14 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Please forgive me if this isn't allowed here.  I got bored today and decided to paint my Spark from the boring Alpine White to an Iridescent Purple.  Album in link below.  I do a lot of automotive painting as a hobby so this was just another thing for me to paint.
https://imgur.com/a/Iwzo4

2017-12-3
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love it, my fave colour too. I'm planning on spraying mine when I get a weekend free. Gonna pick up some white glow in the dark enamel  so when I've done it I can infill the DJI logo.
2017-12-3
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Any lead, pearl, or metallic properties to the paint?  I think my shop was only allowed to paint our radomes with approved paint due to the radar frequencies being in the GHz range.  Like the GPS signals used by the Spark.

It is likely okay but we need to watch out for the radio interference properties of our paint and stickers.
2017-12-3
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-12-3 16:06
I love it, my fave colour too. I'm planning on spraying mine when I get a weekend free. Gonna pick up some white glow in the dark enamel  so when I've done it I can infill the DJI logo.

Ohh that's going to look nice!!!!  When I get the time I'm going to go back and toss some automotive grade clear coat on top.
2017-12-3
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-12-3 16:14
Any lead, pearl, or metallic properties to the paint?  I think my shop was only allowed to paint our radomes with approved paint due to the radar frequencies being in the GHz range.  Like the GPS signals used by the Spark.

It is likely okay but we need to watch out for the radio interference properties of our paint and stickers.

It has a bit of pearl and metallic properties. These are the water-based colors.  Not sure if it makes much of a difference vs using solvents.  One of my concerns was GPS interference after painting.  put it back together and had no issues.  Connecting to the same amount of Satellites as it was prior to painting.  Definitely no lead properties in these.  
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. We would not recommend users disassemble the drones on their own. I think the color is great. Glad you made it successfully.
2017-12-4
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Looks great, like to see it when clear coated
2017-12-4
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try fly it, it will have a lot of magnetic Interferences. Be warned ....Fly away!
2017-12-4
Use props
Pedro-BR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36375 ft
Brazil

Nice job, it gave me ideas. I think I'll use the Plasti Dip to paint my yellow Spark into Matte Black.
Is it easy to disassemble the plastic piece on the top?
2017-12-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pedro-BR Posted at 2017-12-4 07:26
Nice job, it gave me ideas. I think I'll use the Plasti Dip to paint my yellow Spark into Matte Black.
Is it easy to disassemble the plastic piece on the top?

six torx screws that you can get to from under the spark/battery/gimbal.
Note that there is anti-tamper glue inside the torx screw heads so if you do this mod you invalidate any warranty.
2017-12-4
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-4 03:37
Hi, sir. We would not recommend users disassemble the drones on their own. I think the color is great. Glad you made it successfully.

Thanks for the advice.  
2017-12-4
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-4 03:44
Looks great, like to see it when clear coated

I'll definitely get some pics up once I get around to clear coating it.
2017-12-4
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2017-12-4 04:01
Try fly it, it will have a lot of magnetic Interferences. Be warned ....Fly away!

Going to fly it tonight.  So far no GPS impacts when I connect and takeoff.  If it does fly away, I've got insurance on it
2017-12-4
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2017-12-4 04:01

Also, not getting any compass interference when I check in the software.
2017-12-4
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-12-4 13:25
I'll definitely get some pics up once I get around to clear coating it.

I’ll keep an eye out for the post.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules