I have a Remote Control unit GL-358wA How do i upgrade firmware
1406 5 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaab17276
New

United States

I just successfully updated the firmware on my phantom 3 standard drone with the sd card method and all went well,,,,
NOW I want to upgrade the firmware on my Model GA-358wA Remote Controller -
This controller has 3 antennas, NO 2 big buttons on the front,, and ONLY a usb mini connector at the bottom for charge,,,,,
unlike all the YouTube help I only have a mini usb connector at the bottom and no where to plug in a sd card...

1 - is a firmware update required on this model controller when you update the drone software,?
2 if so how is this accomplished and is there a link to the software anywhere

Thanks very much
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, may I know which drone do you use? Do you still keep the original RC?
2017-12-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

This looks like a controller for the P3S and you need the power on the RC and  the AC with the FW bin file on the SD card inserted to the AC´s cam.
If you need to upgrade the copter FW you may power this remote on with the copter. The micro USB is for charging only. The upgrade of the FW on the P3S goes over WIFI only.
2017-12-4
Use props
fansaab17276
New

United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-4 00:16
This looks like a controller for the P3S and you need the power on the RC and  the AC with the FW bin file on the SD card inserted to the AC´s cam.
If you need to upgrade the copter FW you may power this  remote on with the copter. The micro USB is for charging only. The upgrade of the FW on the P3S goes over WIFI only.

phantom 3 standard sorry,,,,,,,,
I had the rc off when I upgraded the drone  --  
should I do it again with the rc ON ???
2017-12-4
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Is the remote you want to update the firmware on a second  or a replacement you may have bought on ebay or where ever? I believe as long as there's only one current fw file present on the root directory of the sd card, the aircraft's operating system will detect and apply updates to any other components it senses that are needing an upgrade... like batteries and the remote.
2017-12-4
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-12-4 09:29
Is the remote you want to update the firmware on a second  or a replacement you may have bought on ebay or where ever? I believe as long as there's only one fw file on the root of sd card, the aircraft's operating system will detect and apply updates to any components is senses that are needing an upgrade... like batteries and the remote.

And YES, the remote has to be turned on before the aircraft, and any intelligent batteries you want upgraded need to be inserted. You can leave the display device and the app turned off.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules