Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No lens profile embedded for 12mm Olympus
850 11 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam.adammork
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451713 ft
Denmark

Using an Inspire 1 Pro and the 12, 17, 25 and 45mm Olympus lenses on the X5.
Lensprofiles have always been embedded for all the lenses, but after reciving a new X5 there is no longer any profile for my 12 mm - It's the 12 mm Ltd Black version.

In Lightroom and Camera Raw the exif data is correct for the lens - but no profile is added - If I use the lens on my Olympus Omd1 mkII, the profile is embedded and aplied correct in both Lightroom and Camera Raw, so the profile apears to be in the system.

I have testet this on 3 diferent Mac's with same result - no lens profile added on the 12 mm when using the X5.

According to DJI Go, I'm using lates firmware.

Any idears ?

Thank you very much,
Adam

2017-12-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I know Olympus made two versions of the 12mm and they have two different firmware versions for that lens.  You may have the odd one out (i.e. The Limited Edition one.) and the X5 doesn't recognize it.

Too bad DJI doesn't allow one to set up a lens and add its profile for odd or manual lenses or lenses without the chip.  My Olympus Pen-F has that ability in the menu where you can set the Name, f/stop, and focal length.  I bought that body to check on my DJI lenses and the ability to update the firmware in them instead of sending them to Olympus or Panasonic and paying them $140 for the update, which DJI doesn't allow for either in their cameras.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Adam. Can your provide a picture of your lens? Any message from the app? Please clean the connector for check. Thanks for your help.
2017-12-4
Use props
adam.adammork
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-4 19:38
Hi, Adam. Can your provide a picture of your lens? Any message from the app? Please clean the connector for check. Thanks for your help.

DJI Elektra, do you mean an image of the lens itself or an image taken with the lens? - I will double check the connectors.

Thank you very much
2017-12-5
Use props
Hi-FlyFoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27651 ft
Germany

I have this issue as well and complained here in this forum and by email a long time ago.
DJI say the issue has been passed on to the developers. Still, after a few firmware updates nothing happens.
I get the impression they do not care about customer support or supplying professionals with the right tools.

BTW, my 12mm Olympus works fine on a Pana GH4 and not on the X5, so I am not sure about the two chip version explanation.
2017-12-5
Use props
Hi-FlyFoto
lvl.1
Germany

In July 2016 (this is how long it is an issue) I posted some testphoto to explain.
Here they are:
http://hi-flyfoto.de/testfotos
2017-12-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Hi-FlyFoto Posted at 2017-12-5 09:03
I have this issue as well and complained here in this forum and by email a long time ago.
DJI say the issue has been passed on to the developers. Still, after a few firmware updates nothing happens.
I get the impression they do not care about customer support or supplying professionals with the right tools.

If you have a Panasonic body, you can check your lens version there.  If it is version 1.0, you can get version 1.1 in the link below, but you need to know which 12mm lens you have before you download the correct version update.   That might help the DJI camera to recognize it maybe, or address the issues with that lens.

Here: Olympus lens updates for use with a Panasonic body.

Fwiw, my 45mm went through two versions (Up to 1.2) when I bought it.  Something about some aperture issues leading to focus matters.

2017-12-5
Use props
Hi-FlyFoto
lvl.1
Germany

Hi fansa84fe8a4,
thanks for the info, that is very interesting.
Actually, I have sold the GH4 in the meantime, so I don't know how to find out the version.
What gets me though, is the fact that photos with GH4 are corrected, X5 not, in the same software (Photoshop CS6)
2017-12-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Hi-FlyFoto Posted at 2017-12-5 09:52
Hi fansa84fe8a4,
thanks for the info, that is very interesting.
Actually, I have sold the GH4 in the meantime, so I don't know how to find out the version.

Yeah, I thought it was odd when I found out about it from Olympus.  Some lenses may sit for years before sold and versions are old.  Mine was two versions old even new.

I bought an Olympus Pen-F as I've acquired too many u43 lenses of late for the X5S.  That and I can use a lot of old film camera lenses on the Pen body too with an adapter so they didn't go to the dump.  Now I can update them if needed, or check on whatever whacky notice the X5S tells me when I put one on, or just check on its focus, or the DJI crooked sensor matters, lens coloration and now infamous DJI magenta tint WB issues, etc.  Neat little camera too!

2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

adam.adammork Posted at 2017-12-5 05:45
DJI Elektra, do you mean an image of the lens itself or an image taken with the lens? - I will double check the connectors.

Thank you very much

Please provide a picture of your lens. Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-6
Use props
adam.adammork
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 02:20
Please provide a picture of your lens. Keep us updated, thanks.

this is the lens:

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you try to flash the firmware of the X5? Please upgrade to the latest firmware. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules