Discharging Batteries
1030 3 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I forgot to discharge 3 batteries I didnt use at the weekend! I won't be able to fly the drone in daylight over the next few days to discharge them but I wondered if I could use the Battery Heater to reduce charge to say 50%?

2017-12-4
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Set them to discharge after 2 days and then leave 'em. They pretty much look after themselves. So many people are discharging them for storage then going back to find them dead, as if the batteries have gone into self-discharge like they are supposed to after their set time, even though you have gone ahead and done this for them.

Mark G.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. If you want to storage your battery, you can set self-discharge after 1-10 days. You can set in DJI GO 4 and the default setting will be 7 days. Please inform us if you have further question.
2017-12-4
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-4 09:56
Set them to discharge after 2 days and then leave 'em. They pretty much look after themselves. So many people are discharging them for storage then going back to find them dead, as if the batteries have gone into self-discharge like they are supposed to after their set time, even though you have gone ahead and done this for them.

Mark G.

Good plan Mark. I guess I can turn off a radiator in lieu of the heat coming off them :-P
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules