EPSON Moverio BT-200
12Next >
11210 45 2014-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shanerichey22
lvl.1

United States

I have a pair on order but have read the DJI app isn’t working so well on the device. Does anyone know if DJI and Epson are working together to fix the current issues and if so when can we expect to see a new app?

Thanks!
2014-10-22
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Hey,
Yes they certainly are. I also heard that currently its a bit of a pain to get the app running. Epson/DJI are also working to provide a Moverio/Lightbridge solution and personally I am hoping the next Moverio will also have a HDMI input.
2014-10-23
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Have a read here...
http://www.epson.com/community/t ... /drones-on-a-plain/
2014-10-23
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Yes I heard that they are supposed to work together to resolve the necessity to sideload the app and to have a app that is more tailored to the Moverios,  however there has been no word about this for some time and the latest Moverio update still hasn't solved the issue which is rather disappointing.  Lets keep our hopes up but just like the 7th channel for the P2V+ it's an unknown if or when it's going to happen.
2014-10-23
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2014-11-2
Use props
stagehandny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1613461 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the touch controller being crap.also you can't use the ground station with the BT-200,when swiping left it just goes back to the first screen.but at $700 it's a expensive way to fly,but I do love not having to look at a small screen with reflection of the sky. I did try the shadow box,it's good but still you have to look at a iPhone out side in the sun
2014-11-3
Use props
shanerichey22
lvl.1

United States

The DJI Phantom app preview window isn’t full size “yet” but the apparent size of the video feed is as big as a house when viewing the Phantom in an open area, looks similar to a drive-in movie screen that’s transparent. The video position can be centered by changing the settings of the “toolbar auto hide.”  The brightness can be controlled by the device. The device comes with two different dark nesses of clip on sun screens. I wore the darkest shades for the glasses and the image was very easy to see even looking in the direction of the sun. No black tape over the lenses required. Glasses fit comfortably over my prescription glasses. Camera tilts up and down with head movement. To be fair there are a couple negatives I have found so far:

1. The orientation of the Phantom on the radar function is wrong so it’s not reliable and “ground station” doesn’t work.
2. I was able to fly at the max preview resolution in the DJI app, 640x480@30fps, but had a little stuttering @ 850ft distance x 100ft elevation.  It’s great using this device for a reference video feed to stay oriented and to frame in camera shots. Don’t expect flawless high res video feed though.
3. Touchpad is sensitive but there are options to help control the curser. I still have difficulty with it.

Is it worth the investment? For me yes. I got what I wanted, the ability to have FPV and line of sight simultaneously. Most of the issues above seem to be in the realm of DJI and their app, not a limitation or problem with the glasses. These are NOT dedicated FPV goggles but the viewing experience is very immersive anyway. The fact that I can also watch high res 3d movies with an apparent 65 inch screen doesn’t hurt either. Right now there aren’t that many apps but I feel it’s worth the asking price, as is, just for FPV flying. This device will only get better and better as more apps come out. The price for this technology is high but that’s all relative to the individual.
2014-11-4
Use props
wescoweb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1472162 ft
United States

InspiredDead Posted at 2014-11-2 23:39
I do not have to side load the DJI app nor the Range Extender app. I just installed google play on t ...

How did you sideload the play store?  Can you provide me a link?  Candswesco@gmail.com
2014-11-13
Use props
wescoweb1
lvl.1
United States

shanerichey22@g Posted at 2014-11-5 03:27
The DJI Phantom app preview window isn’t full size “yet” but the apparent size of the video feed  ...

You ought to try the fpvlr.com Kit 2, three or 4!  That gives a range of up to 3-4 miles, mostly at higher frame rate too!  UAVproducts.com will install kit 3 that requires a difficult in-Phantom glue removal.  Very nice folks!
2014-11-13
Use props
wescoweb1
lvl.1
United States

shanerichey22@g Posted at 2014-11-5 03:27
The DJI Phantom app preview window isn’t full size “yet” but the apparent size of the video feed  ...

These glasses (version two) are amazing for FPV!  At full brightness, they take over most of the screen and become a totally immersive FPV experience.  You can easily change the brightness between 3 levels.  
It is very hard to find the Epson EHDMC10 Mirroring adapter alone (about impossible actually), unless you got a packaged version of the BT-200av (with the av on the end).  The Epson Pre-launch folks have offered to help me out in getting one (I bought the BT-200 without mirror package from them a few weeks back) since they are not available online alone anywhere except from one place overseas and costs like $240 US dollars.  I cannot find any other brand anything like this either.  All the other brands are made to go only one-way, from device to TV and not the other way.  
With EHDMC10, it appears you can plug any HDMI source into it, and it will wifi forward it along to the glasses (of course the glasses wifi could then not also be hooked up to the Phantom Vision Plus).  
My goal is to do HDMI out of my iPad mini or Samsung Note 3 that is connected to Phantom Plus, into this mirror, and then into BT-200, so that I can be getting FPV view while others can be looking at the iPad.  Of course, this means the controls will all be on the iPad and the BT-200 goggles will be view only (no head-tracking to move plus camera gimbal).  I don't mind this with the new Phantom 2 Plus radio through since it has a hardware gimbal dial on it and so software gimbal control or accelerometer of iPad are not necessary.  
I have also figured out a way to go HDMI out of iPad mini or note three and into VGA input on Boscam goggles using a little converter by Keedox that costs under $20 and will convert the iPad or note 3 (using the micro USB powered HDMI out adapters they require) from HDMI input to VGA output.  The trick here is that the Keedox and HDMI out of ipad/phone devices must both be powered and the Keedox must be powered up to get the VGA striped screen default before plugging the HDMI into the Keedox.  They sell Keedox converters that have higher S-Video outputs as well.
2014-11-13
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

I put this in another thread, but will repeat it here for you
You can now get the app direct through the Moverio app store it was added there by DJI on 11-11-2014
2014-11-13
Use props
phila100
lvl.2

United Kingdom

johnkilcline@gm Posted at 2014-11-14 02:03
I put this in another thread, but will repeat it here for you
You can now get the app direct through ...

Thanks John, Have you had any problems with App?
2014-11-13
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

I am awaiting the imminent arrival of my glasses from Epson, UPS tracking says they will be here tomorrow, I asked the head guy at Epson Moverio, about the compatibility BEFORE I placed an order for them!

I understand that this guy has put some good info up
https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/w ... ystore-installatie/
2014-11-13
Use props
phila100
lvl.2

United Kingdom

johnkilcline@gm Posted at 2014-11-14 06:35
I am awaiting the imminent arrival of my glasses from Epson, UPS tracking says they will be here tom ...

Thanks John - not exactly 'plug & play' or 'download App' and let it run though!!
Hope your shipment arrives promptly - and all works well. Please let me know how you get on with them?
2014-11-13
Use props
laurens.van.dui
lvl.1

Netherlands

Yeah: http://www.vdrone.nl/epsion-movario-bt-200-root-en-playstore-installatie/Is my blog So need some BT-200 Awnsers? just gimme a message.

There are still some software issues with the DJI App on the moverio.
http://www.vdrone.nl/dji-vision-app-and-epson-moverio-bt-200-video-issue/

1. Screen misaligned.. can be solved by hiding the menu bars but still it's irritating.
2. groundstation is not working, unable to open it.
Both bugs are still in latest android version.

Talked with Eric Mizufuka and dji but seems these fixes are on low prio..

edit:
Just found out it's on the moverio store.. will test if this version has same bugs or not.
https://moverio.epson.biz/jsp/pc/pc_application_list.jsp?lang=en

Tested futher and both issues still there..
Response from epson if the bugs are solved.
Eric Mizufuka@WTEric 10h10 hours ago

@LaurensvanDuijn @DJIGlobal - hi Laurens - I don't believe so; however, we are looking to build a Moverio optimized app with the DJI SDK

2014-11-24
Use props
Tjlei
lvl.1

Taiwan

Hi . Just bought Epsom bt 200,but the gps confuse me ,when I see the rada on the glass,the vision plus always 90 drgee difference.thats mean when the bird point to the north,than rada show up bird poin east,can anyone help me solve this problem。
2014-11-30
Use props
laurens.van.dui
lvl.1

Netherlands

Did you re-calibrate the compass?
2014-11-30
Use props
wheelanjo
New

United Kingdom

InspiredDead Posted at 2014-11-2 23:39
I do not have to side load the DJI app nor the Range Extender app. I just installed google play on t ...

well how's it done?.
2014-12-27
Use props
andrepf
lvl.2

Germany

Please, DJI take a look at your app and solve the current issues
1. screen misaligned
2. radar not working (Position failure)
3.Groundstation
2015-1-10
Use props
andrepf
lvl.2

Germany

Has anyone tried to use the Epson EHDMC10 Mirroring Device with an USB Powerbank?
I have ordered a Epson EHDMC10 and will try this.
If it is possible to mirror my Iphone with running DJI App to "mobile" Epson EHDMC10 this would be great.

Hoping for some response of Moverio Users
2015-3-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've been asked by Epson and a partner to create a version of Ultimate flight for the Moverio BT-200 googles and a version for the next version yet to be released.  The app will be Moverio aware, that is it will use the Moverio hardware buttons for control with minimal to no touchpad needed.  It is too early to share exact schedule but I'm hoping to have a version in the store by end of April; earlier depending on how easy the port is.

Stay tuned; it is expected to be on the Moverio store in the coming month.

If you have not seen the Ultimate Flight app you can read more information here.
2015-3-7
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Hi Guys I asked the following question to DJI support...and the answer I got was.... (See Email trail below...)

But after this I pointed them towards their own uTube video.... !

Who knows what's going on here ??

"DJI Product Application Technical Support (DJI)
Mar 19, 17:11
Hi Chris,
Thanks for contacting DJI.
As there is no test on the feasibility of BT-200 and P2V+, I'm afraid there is no more information. Hopefully you can understand. However, you may keep an eye on our website where we will announce updates and availability when new products are ready.
If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards,

DJI Product Application Technical Support Center
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)

Claydon, Chris
Mar 19, 04:20
Hi Guys,
I have some questions for you.. around the Vision + and Epson Bt-200 FPV goggles..

1. Do you support the use of the BT-200's in your application?
2. From what I read on the forums at DJI the FPV is working ok?
3. Ground Station function not working?
4. Does DJI have any idea if and when you have a updates to look at this problems with the BT-200's?

FYI, I have the PH 2 vision + and I love it, running on a iphone 6+, but these BT-200 would make it very good to use in sunlight... (Phone hard to see)
Thanks

Regards,
Chris"
2015-3-19
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

Ken, I was reading some of the feedback with issues you were having with the DJI SDK. I'm pretty sure this is the same issues that Epson ran into and maybe the reason they have handed this off to you.

I love the Moverio glasses and I have seen some of the work you have done with the App to replace the Vision App. GREAT STUFF!

However, even with all the bells and whistles you have added (really great things), I see this as a waste of your time and efforts if we will always have the same application glitches. I do hope you are able to get DJI to work with you for Epson's sake and for the sake of everyone involved because DJI is in no hurry to work with outsiders like Epson. Epson has been trying to get cooperation from DJI for some time now. I have complete faith in the Epson people and people like you. Best of luck getting the things you need because it will benefit us all - especially those of us using the Moverio glasses. What a great product for FPV.

Hang in there and don't give up. You have the ideas and insight - DJI COME ON! Give the man the tools he needs!
2015-3-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Yes I like e Epson device and the PH2 V+... both great.... I mostly miss the RTH feature when using the Epson's as you can't get to the Ground Station page...

Is there a way to RTH without using GS? (Switch)

So yes please DJI... Talk to Epson...

Regs Chris

2015-3-22
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-3-23 10:02
Yes I like e Epson device and the PH2 V+... both great.... I mostly miss the RTH feature when using ...

In Naza mode you can set your S1 switch to Failsafe (RTH) in the fully down position.
2015-3-23
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-3-20 04:53
Hi Guys I asked the following question to DJI support...and the answer I got was.... (See Email trai ...

Guys...

Have a read of this.. if you want the app to work...

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36373
or

https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/w ... t-200-fixed-2-bugs/

worked for me..
2015-3-24
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Swerve Posted at 2015-3-23 20:24
In Naza mode you can set your S1 switch to Failsafe (RTH) in the fully down position.

Thanks man....

But just got GS working... But still good to know!

Regs Chris
2015-3-24
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

I may have good news here for you guys

I have ave the epson bt 200 goggles

Tonight i got a new samsung galaxy tab s 10.5"

I installed both DJI's A1 and PH 2 v+ apps on the TAB S and then started the screen mirroring on the TAB S and the wifi miracast app on BT-200's....

Presto!... live view from the screen from the TAB S... on the Epson BT-200 Goggles.

Flew the PH 2 V+ @ 640x480 30 frames fine.

And now have access to google maps and the ground station functions which i didnt have using the BT-200 on their own.

BTW... the screen on the TAB S is fantastic... clear and bright in full daylight!

Regs Chris
2015-4-15
Use props
djp
New

New Zealand

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-8 15:14
I've been asked by Epson and a partner to create a version of Ultimate flight for the Moverio BT-200 ...

That sounds like an awesome idea. Please advise us when a working version of your App is ready for the Moverio BT-200 and I will gladly use in for my system. Thanks.
2015-5-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djp@blenz.co.nz Posted at 2015-5-8 08:02
That sounds like an awesome idea. Please advise us when a working version of your App is ready for ...

http://coptershop.com/pages/moverioapp

You can also purchase Epson Moverio glasses from them; better than ordering from China.

http://coptershop.com/products/e ... erson-video-glasses
2015-5-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-4-16 04:58

You may find the video lag using Miracast to be quite larger.  I find that the delay makes the experience near useless for FPV flying.
2015-5-7
Use props
dmcmillan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100062 ft
Canada

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-4-16 04:58

I've been trying to get my Tab S 8.4 to mirror with the BT200 without success.  They see each other, and initially connect, but disconnect before the screen mirroring begins.

Are you using the standard Moverio Mirror app on the bt200?  
2015-7-11
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

dmcmillan Posted at 2015-7-12 08:39
I've been trying to get my Tab S 8.4 to mirror with the BT200 without success.  They see each othe ...

Yep. Stock out of the box app.

Do u get the wifi direct icon at the bottom of screen on BT 200's?
2015-7-12
Use props
dmcmillan
lvl.2
Canada

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-13 04:52
Yep. Stock out of the box app.

Do u get the wifi direct icon at the bottom of screen on BT 200's ...

Yes, I can connect with the Tab Wifi Direct during the mirroring process (or outside it for that matter),, but after it connects, the screen flashes, then it disconnects.

Is your Tab S running KitKat or Lollipop?

I was able to finally mirror using the MirrorOP app that someone else mentioned, just not with the standard Samsung screen mirroring.

Cant wait to try out using the glasses, even with the Tab S's bright screen I can barely see it on a sunny day.
2015-7-13
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

dmcmillan Posted at 2015-7-14 09:48
Yes, I can connect with the Tab Wifi Direct during the mirroring process (or outside it for that m ...

I got 4.4.2 KitKat.

you?
2015-7-13
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Yes, I can connect with the Tab Wifi Direct during the mirroring process (or outside it for that m ...

Which version of MirrorOP are u using?
2015-7-13
Use props
dmcmillan
lvl.2
Canada

5.02 Lollipop...which may explain why yours is working and mine is acting up.
2015-7-14
Use props
dmcmillan
lvl.2
Canada

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-14 12:40
Which version of MirrorOP are u using?

Ver 1.1.9.8
2015-7-14
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Have u tested this app yet?

I did yesterday.... a bit of lag for me. So went back to the stock Samsung mirror app.

Regs Chris
2015-7-15
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

dmcmillan Posted at 2015-7-14 20:06
5.02 Lollipop...which may explain why yours is working and mine is acting up.

Bummer!...
2015-7-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules