Home lock only engages somtimes?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cathalspot
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi GuysAny ideas?
I am flying the DJI Phantom vision +2

I have had this problem for a while, since before the recent upgrade and now after.
I have changed the controles to advanced, but when I flick the top left switch down, it only engages home lock orientation controles somtimes, I fact most of the time it does not.  If my phantom is a bit away its is reassuring to flick the SWICH And bring her back, but often I'm chalk the distance and she starts going further away.   Coupled with this my samsung s5 that I use sometimes keeps crashing, so it all makes for a litre nervous flying.  I usually get the app back up fast but if I am unsure of the orenation, it's streessfull.

Evrything is charged, updated, well looked after and so on...
I was wondering if any one else had this problem?
The odd time if I try flick a few times it starts working, but today it just would not, battery low quite far away and I wanted to bring her home, stayed cool got her pointing the right direction and was ok, but I don't like having to depend on return to home..
Help
2015-4-14
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'd suggest using the Assist app and verifying that the controller is working correctly.  If you connect the Phantom to the PC, you can use the NAZA screen to see what S2 switch change position.  If it does not they you can try calibrating the controller (using the RC assist app) and test again.  At least this will tell you if the controller is working or not and help eliminate one or the other.
2015-4-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Could be an intermittent switch on your RC, you would not be the first to have a switch problem, that said as Ken suggests, double check your Assistant and go from there...Switches are cheap to replace...Phantom, not cheap to replace...knowing the problem is intermittent I would not fly far away at all where I thought I had to rely on the IOC to bring it back until resolved.
2015-4-14
Use props
cathalspot
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi Guys,
Thank you for your sound suggestions.
I went through the calibration again this morning and the S2 switch is responded as it should, i.e. from nothing, to course lock and the to home lock.  Which is all good in principal but another’s days’ work in the field, which as mentioned, seems to take on a mind of its own.  Normal mode works which is good, but as mentioned I like having the option to switch for ease of flight and reassurance to bring home easily.
I will do a test flight later today and see if the re calibration has in some way altered its behavior or mind-set and let you know.  
These smart devices are great, but one has to keep on top of them when they start to act dumb.
Cathal
2015-4-15
Use props
cathalspot
lvl.2

Ireland

Well went out to test and things got worse.  The phantom wont start, no response from roters at tall.
I went back in and re calibrated again and tried twice again nothing, tried power cycling few times.  gimball on camera moves but not a budge from rotors
2015-4-16
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

cathalspot@yaho Posted at 2015-4-16 22:30
Well went out to test and things got worse.  The phantom wont start, no response from roters at tall ...

You may have to do an advanced calibration on the IOC with the Phantom in a (very) level spot.
2015-4-16
Use props
cathalspot
lvl.2

Ireland

Umm thanx for tips
I went through the calibration again rc and phantom.....Phew phantom flew, home lock worked but camera movement very bad..
i.e getting stuck while down or very glichy.  Not the buttery smooth I usually get.
Doing my head in now, so I will get back toit  later this evening and go at it again hopefully I can get it all working at the same time.
2015-4-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

sometimes rather than try to figure out what and why it is easier to restart!

reinstall assistant in pc
re flash the phantom firmware and the camera firmware to latest versions as they work together. (readme file with camera dl tells how to flash it)

then power down after all that reboot and connect to assistant and do rc calibrate  and advanced imu calibration...do imu when quad cold (off for a bit) not warm.

Make sure quad is level during imu--many threads on best way to do this

good luck and have fun flying
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules