DJI warranty question after crash
5098 8 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Le Dinner
New

Austria

Hi there, I'm in a little dilemma regarding my Mavic Pro. So i have a Mavic Pro since April and had no problems until now. Recently i got a 4k monitor and noticed that the camera on my mavic was faulty. A part of the frame is always blurry on either the right or left side depending on where i focused. When hitting the button for center focus its always on the right side. I still have all the footage from way back in April where its possible to see the blurry parts.

So i decided to fly her one more time to check if everything works and send her to DJI for a replacement under warranty. I was flying her a few minutes until i decided to bring her back. Here comes my bad luck. There was snow on the grass so i decided to land her near the house. I got too close to the wall and she crashed from approx 3m to the ground. Two propellers shattered and some scratches on the back but nothing cracked or came off. Neither the gimbal nor the battery.

Everything was still working except the gimbal and the camera. The gimbal is not turning and the camera is black.

My question now is: Is it possible that just some kind of cable came off and nothing else? Will DJI just repair that or do they always need to replace the gimbal incl. camera? Should i tell them about the faulty camera from before the crash or will they deny my warranty nevertheless because i crashed it?

My thoughts are that if it really is just an easy fix they wont charge me the full 350€ for the replacement (i dont have dji care) if i dont tell them about the blurry camera. Im scared they just say its broken anyway so they need to replace it but because its my own fault i have to pay for it myself.

What shall i do?
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, we are so sorry to hear about the crash, I would recommend you send the drone in for a diagnosis first. Anyway, it needs to be evaluated by the engineers first, then they'll be able to provide you a solution. Please contact the support to start a case, they'll guide you to send the drone in, here is a link for your reference. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-4
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

No matter what you will pay pay pay!  when crash data is seen in the records you will waste your time trying to get any coverage under warranty then you will get a refurbished unit in return so too bad for those who wrap their Mavic or do other cool mods.

I went  30 days going back and forth with DJI support and disputed the the invoice as well all to be told too bad just pay up to get another mavic in return!

That is DJI Protocol.
2017-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-12-7 08:59
No matter what you will pay pay pay!  when crash data is seen in the records you will waste your time trying to get any coverage under warranty then you will get a refurbished unit in return so too bad for those who wrap their Mavic or do other cool mods.

I went  30 days going back and forth with DJI support and disputed the the invoice as well all to be told too bad just pay up to get another mavic in return!

Many have received warranty on review of flight logs and if they didn’t it’s usually because of pilot error or no proof, which results in a discount off a new craft, all refurbished aircraft must be to a standard of new and carry the same warranty as all other craft.
2017-12-7
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need to put yourself in DJI’s position...you may have had a warranty issue by providing the videos from previous flights...but running into a wall and now having broken parts kind of puts a dollar tag to the repair. Do you have Care Refresh?
2017-12-7
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-7 09:47
Many have received warranty on review of flight logs and if they didn’t it’s usually because of pilot error or no proof, which results in a discount off a new craft, all refurbished aircraft must be to a standard of new and carry the same warranty as all other craft.

I'm sure people have received warranty work but at what cost? Many hours wasted on the phone and via emails. I make specific statements with questions and none are answered. I have data to back it up and I still went through 30 days of BS with very few replies and answers to my questions. I've run businesses and very successful and I never treated my customers this way. It's bad for business which is being ignored by DJI.

Not good at all. I was going to place a large order for Mavic pro for our field inspectors over 1000 engineers and because of this demp issue encountered with the simplest issues that order will not be placed with DJI.

DJI stop apologizing all of the time and just fix the issues and repair via facts and not your obscure company protocol that dictates bill the customer a minimum $200 no matter the issue or cause even if  under warranty. Never admit there is a firmware update issue either just bill the customer if they have an issue!  

Wrong way to do business, Listen to the customer!
2018-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dx_Operator Posted at 2018-1-3 06:44
I'm sure people have received warranty work but at what cost? Many hours wasted on the phone and via emails. I make specific statements with questions and none are answered. I have data to back it up and I still went through 30 days of BS with very few replies and answers to my questions. I've run businesses and very successful and I never treated my customers this way. It's bad for business which is being ignored by DJI.

Not good at all. I was going to place a large order for Mavic pro for our field inspectors over 1000 engineers and because of this demp issue encountered with the simplest issues that order will not be placed with DJI.

I think there has been a big improvement in dji service I see very few complaints around here compared to 12 months ago , so maybe not there yet but moving in the right direction.
Sorry your having such problems maybe try contact a moderator here.
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI CS has definitely improved over the last year. Always room for further improvement though and no customer should ever feel like that!
2018-1-3
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-3 06:49
I think there has been a big improvement in dji service I see very few complaints around here compared to 12 months ago , so maybe not there yet but moving in the right direction.
Sorry your having such problems maybe try contact a moderator here.

Been the route of the mods and absolutely no help whatsoever.  

It's real simple if you make a clear statement and your direct questions go unanswered that's because you're correct in your issue which should be supported by DJI repair service.

It is not in the DJI protocol to support their issue on their dime but to bill the customer.   
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules