4439 20 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ponderosa Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277572 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the Phantom 4 Pro, the manual says nothing about narrow sensing.  Are there more details available?  For example, is narrow sensing available in all flight modes, including intelligent modes, or is it restricted to certain modes?  What sensors are used during narrow sensing?  I know for certain modes, some of the sensors are disabled, while other modes use all the sensors.  Is that the case with narrow sensing?  Is the RTH function active during narrow sensing?
-Dan
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Narrow Sensing allows you to manually adjust the sensing range of the  aircraft to fly more flexible flight paths through small or narrow gaps.    Watch this video to learn how to use this new exclusive feature to the  Phantom 4 Pro.

2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Hope it help Ponderosa Flyer
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

2017-12-4
Use props
Ponderosa Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277572 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-4 12:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pg0VvIHqEQ

Thanks Nebuchadnezzar.  Yes, I know how it works and what it's for.  I'm trying to understand how all the different flight modes relate to different features and their availability.  I'd like to know if Narrow Sensing is available in all flight modes, or just some of them.
2017-12-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have  used it in tripod mode as statedin the video above, i am also sure it works the other modes too but not for the side sensors because they are off anyway
but i am sure you can narrow the front and back sensors in prob most other modes, could be wrong, will soon find out from other members
2017-12-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-4 22:26
I have  used it in tripod mode as statedin the video above, i am also sure it works the other modes too but not for the side sensors because they are off anyway
but i am sure you can narrow the front and back sensors in prob most other modes, could be wrong, will soon find out from other members

As far as I can say from my experience, the only mode which may take advantage of Narrow Sensing feature is Tripod Mode. You wouldn't be able to pilot your drone efficiently and safely in any other mode, unless you're really skilled. Make sure you have solid satellite grip. You may attempt flying with chaotic GPS lock, when the drone is switching into Atti mode randomly, but this way of piloting is very challenging.

2017-12-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2017-12-4 23:21
As far as I can say from my experience, the only mode which may take advantage of Narrow Sensing feature is Tripod Mode. You wouldn't be able to pilot your drone efficiently and safely in any other mode, unless you're really skilled. Make sure you have solid satellite grip. You may attempt flying with chaotic GPS lock, when the drone is switching into Atti mode randomly, but this way of piloting is very challenging.

https://vimeo.com/238303554

Aloha Matt,

Nice video!  Good for relaxing.  Love that Narrow Sensing!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ponderosa Flyer Posted at 2017-12-4 15:37
Thanks Nebuchadnezzar.  Yes, I know how it works and what it's for.  I'm trying to understand how all the different flight modes relate to different features and their availability.  I'd like to know if Narrow Sensing is available in all flight modes, or just some of them.

Aloha Ponderosa Flyer,

Narrow Sensing only works in Tripod mode and Beginner mode and only for the P4 Pro.  Once you figure it out, it is a lot of fun but as noted, be sure to walk the flight path first to see if there are some small branches or vines that can screw you up.  For me the best way to think of it is as a door opener.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-5 00:39
Aloha Matt,

Nice video!  Good for relaxing.  Love that Narrow Sensing!

Thank you, Brother ...
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please watch the videos above and the feature can help you cross the narrow area. But we would not recommend users use it every time as visual obstacle avoidance has blind zone.
P4P FOV.png
2017-12-10
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-10 02:16
Hi, sir. Please watch the videos above and the feature can help you cross the narrow area. But we would not recommend users use it every time as visual obstacle avoidance has blind zone.

Thanks for the heads up
2018-3-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-5 00:57
Aloha Ponderosa Flyer,

Narrow Sensing only works in Tripod mode and Beginner mode and only for the P4 Pro.  Once you figure it out, it is a lot of fun but as noted, be sure to walk the flight path first to see if there are some small branches or vines that can screw you up.  For me the best way to think of it is as a door opener.

Narrow sensing works in normal GPS mode too for the front and back sensors.....
2018-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-26 21:57
Narrow sensing works in normal GPS mode too for the front and back sensors.....

Aloha Bashy ,

Mahalo for the heads-up!  It looks like the weather is going to hold for tomorrow (fingers crossed!)  Maybe I can get a test in for that.  I had only read that Narrow Sensing was for Tripod and that Tripod and Beginner's Mode used the side IR sensors.  Somehow I thought they were related.  I sure am happy that is not set in stone!  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-3-26 23:12
Aloha Bashy ,

Mahalo for the heads-up!  It looks like the weather is going to hold for tomorrow (fingers crossed!)  Maybe I can get a test in for that.  I had only read that Narrow Sensing was for Tripod and that Tripod and Beginner's Mode used the side IR sensors.  Somehow I thought they were related.  I sure am happy that is not set in stone!  Mahalo again!

Hi chap, you could be confusing it with it not using the side side except for those that you mentioned, tripod and beginner mode?
2018-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-27 00:46
Hi chap, you could be confusing it with it not using the side side except for those that you mentioned, tripod and beginner mode?

Aloha Bashy ,

Oh yes, that is probably what it is.  I have Narrow Sensing as my C1 option on my RC but always thought it was just for Tripod.  Here in Hawai'i we are so multi-cultural that I feel I should have caught that.  There are so many misunderstandings that result from the different ways people look at the world.  That world view is present in language and communication.  The whole discussion on Tripod was mixed up in that and the Narrow Sensing option.  Now to find out that it goes further is ironic in a way.

Mahalo again for pointing this out.  I am looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.  Actually, I have done so little flying in the last month because of the weather that any flying will make my day!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-3-26 10:51
Thanks for the heads up

You are welcome. Any question, please contact us.
2018-3-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-27 00:46

Aloha Bashy ,

Hey, that was great!  It was a real nice day today and I flew my P4P and P3P.  Tomorrow looks good to!  The P4P was definitely a test for Narrow Sensing and it worked as you indicated.  The nice part of it all was I had thought previously that I was wasting a C1 button assignment when I would not use Narrow Sensing all that much since I do not use Tripod very much.  But I kept it and now that I know that it works with "P" mode, that is no longer a concern.

Mahalo again for clearing up that issue.  I will update my Narrow Sensing Thread with your information.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Cetacean, no probs, i use it quite often and have it on the right button (C2? i think lol) its very useful for flying down a ditch and under a brid....... scrub that.!!!
2018-3-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-28 20:11
Hi Cetacean, no probs, i use it quite often and have it on the right button (C2? i think lol) its very useful for flying down a ditch and under a brid....... scrub that.!!!

Aloha Bashy ,

Yes, we do eventually learn our lessons!  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-29
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

I is there a way to turn narrow sensing on without having into press the assigned button constantly? I find it very annoying having to press the button constantly.....
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules