Satellite Issue After Crash
1284 4 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9a7e6971
New
Flight distance : 15761 ft
United States

I've got a phantom 3 standard that is having a GPS issue. First the details, the drone has crashed. It was about 20 feet up and I got too close to a tree and it came tumbling down onto gravel. No damaged parts on the outside, however the battery came out, easy fix. After that I hadn't flown in a while, fast forward a couple months later I decide to fly. Now the problem I'm having is that I am showing no satellites connected on the go app but the weird thing is that it's showing full signal bars as far as reception goes. I'll show 0 or maybe 1 satellites but that's a rare occasion but for the most part all I show is full bars and no number of satellites.

What I've tried doing so far is taking the drone apart to take a look at the GPS module and board. It didn't look damaged but I went ahead and ordered a new GPS unit from ebay and replaced it. I'm still getting no satellites with full signal bars.

Please help me out! Thanks for reading!
2017-12-4
Use props
AriyaMN
New
United States

GPS Problem

Phantom 3 standard. First the details, I crashed the drone, it was about 20 feet up and I got too close to a tree and it came tumbling down onto gravel. No damaged parts on the outside, however the battery came out, easy fix. After that I hadn't flown in a while, fast forward a couple months later I decide to fly. Now the problem I'm having is that the DJI Go App is showing no number of satellites connected, if I'm lucky it'll show 0 or 1 satellite but that's a rare occasion. So my problem is that I can't connect to any satellites anywhere. I used to get 10 outside my house but nothing now. I tried flying with my friend and he was connected to 10+ and I was showing nothing, not even a 0.

What I've tried doing so far is taking the drone apart to take a look at the board and GPS module. It didn't look damaged but I went ahead and ordered a new GPS unit from ebay and replaced it. I'm still getting no satellites with full signal bars.

Please help me out! Thanks for reading!

2017-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are only two things to stop your Phantom receiving GPS signal if you are outdoors with a clear view of the sky.
They are the GPS receiver and the connection to the main board.
Chances are the your new receiver/antenna is good.
How's the connection to the main board?
Did it get dislodged when you put it back together?
2017-12-4
Use props
AriyaMN
New
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-4 19:54
There are only two things to stop your Phantom receiving GPS signal if you are outdoors with a clear view of the sky.
They are the GPS receiver and the connection to the main board.
Chances are the your new receiver/antenna is good.

The connection seems fine, it snapped back into the socket and feels tight in there.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Ariya, sorry to read your post. We do not suggest to take apart the drone at your end. To ensure the performance, please send it in for fully repair: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules