Turning off the red lights
17367 9 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfcf716b3
New
Flight distance : 260148 ft
United Kingdom

It seems on my latest DJI Go Pro that there is no longer an option on the General settings to turn off the Mavic leds.
Can anyone help?
The Major
2017-12-4
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

The option to turn on or off the 2 face forward red led is still present, you can find it under the Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization / C1 or C2. You can even decide in the camera setting if the led should stay on or off during high time exposure photos simply check in the camera setting.
You need to do that with the remote and the drone conneccted
2017-12-5
Use props
majorsterling
New
Flight distance : 260148 ft
United Kingdom

J.T. Posted at 2017-12-5 01:40
The option to turn on or off the 2 face forward red led is still present, you can find it under the Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization / C1 or C2. You can even decide in the camera setting if the led should stay on or off during high time exposure photos simply check in the camera setting.
You need to do that with the remote and the drone conneccted

Thanks so much for your reply. However, I've checked my C1 and C2 programming options when the controller is connected to the drone, and turning off the LEDS isn't one of the choices I'm given. I'm noticing that all the videos on YouTube which deal with this subject say that the turning off of the LEDs is accomplished though the main settings menu options, but I can't trace anything. HELP!!   
2017-12-5
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

Have you tried using the video button on the left side of RC?
Likely the red led's will turn off by default unless you've changed something. My did anyway right out of box.
2017-12-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is under the camera settings, the cog on the far right.
2017-12-5
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

majorsterling Posted at 2017-12-5 06:37
Thanks so much for your reply. However, I've checked my C1 and C2 programming options when the controller is connected to the drone, and turning off the LEDS isn't one of the choices I'm given. I'm noticing that all the videos on YouTube which deal with this subject say that the turning off of the LEDs is accomplished though the main settings menu options, but I can't trace anything. HELP!!

This is the setting on the button in my case C2 (you have to scroll down the menu)

And this is the option in the camera settings but it's only for allow automatic shut-off of the led in case of long time exposure photos
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, could you please refer to the screenshots J.T. provided to check it? Please provide me with the details below.
1. What mobile device are you using?2. What is the firmware of the drone?
3. What is the APP version?
A screenshot of the "About" page will be highly appreciated.
2017-12-10
Use props
to keNo
lvl.1

Greece

Hey boyz and girls,

Just recently I've entered the marvellous world of drones with a Mavic Pro Platimum and since then I haven't stop flying... I am also trying to figure out how to manually turn the red lights on and off.  No luck finding  any menu in the go4 app about it.  I've downloaded the app less than a week ago. Am i missing something? (followed all steps as above: connected the Mavic, controller and app...). Using a Samsung S8 phone.
2019-4-12
Use props
fansab8ebc7b
lvl.1

Australia

Hi did you get this problem sorted out? Seems noo one tells you the actual drone has to be switched off, then you can change the custom functions before switching on the drone.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_EaDG2pWJal9O
New
Flight distance : 1325 ft

United States

I had the same problem. My menu wasn't giving an option to turn the front red lights off. As I read through this feed I learned that there is a camera setting to automatically turn the front lights off. When I turned that off and went back to the program c1 and c2 buttons the menu had changed and now there was an option to turn the front lights off and on with the buttons. I hope this helped someone figure this out. I'm looking to use my lights with a photo resistor to switch a servo motor as a drop mechanism.
2022-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules