Becoming a Certified 107 Remote Pilot?
9331 90 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19496844 ft
United States

I got mine in November , I took a 6 week course from UAV coach for a $148 bucks and I passed the first time. . The reason I got it was so can apply to fly around some of the state parks & restricted areas  that required a p107  to unlock the geo-fences. Besides  sooner or later we are all going to need it
2023-1-5
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-11 09:54
I happen to also have an App called 'Verifly' which enables to you buy insurance per hour. I have homeowners property insurance but anything extra is part of a prudent backup plan.

check out skywatch, they are not the cheapest for sure.  but as far as I am concerned. They have awesome CS. You can pay as you go by the hour ,day or year. which for me paying $40 bucks for million dollar policy for a day is cheap
2023-1-5
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-5 17:11
I got mine in November , I took a 6 week course from UAV coach for a $148 bucks and I passed the first time. . The reason I got it was so can apply to fly around some of the state parks & restricted areas  that required a p107  to unlock the geo-fences. Besides  sooner or later we are all going to need it

Congrats !

Interesting, I've unlocked Geo Fencing without needing the PT107 but then again that was a while ago.
2023-1-6
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-6 05:48
Congrats !

Interesting, I've unlocked Geo Fencing without needing the PT107 but then again that was a while ago.

In Nashville to fly in town to get photos of the building you need to have a permit and it says p107
In the smokey mountains they only way they will give you written permission is if you have a p107  and the park services  approve it.  Parks and recreational areas in Tennessee in places we use to be able to fly RC heli's and stuff have now become no drones zones.  I guess people are afraid what they don't know
2023-1-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-6 05:48
Congrats !

Geo fencing is DJI, not FAA. It has no relation to LAANC.
2023-1-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-5 17:11

If you are speaking of DJI Geofencing, that does NOT require a 107, neither does LAANC for many operations.
2023-1-6
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-1-6
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

I guess My reply got moded for some reason and All I did was agree with you
2023-1-6
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-6 10:05
In Nashville to fly in town to get photos of the building you need to have a permit and it says p107
In the smokey mountains they only way they will give you written permission is if you have a p107  and the park services  approve it.  Parks and recreational areas in Tennessee in places we use to be able to fly RC heli's and stuff have now become no drones zones.  I guess people are afraid what they don't know

Makes sense. Some places require a permit which isn't a bad idea either. Guess they want to hold people/pilots accountable should anything go wrong.

Some years I'd visited Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Man Parkway, Fontana Dam, Knoxville and Dollywood but didn't have a drone at the time. Probably heavily regulated areas I would imagine.
2023-1-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 1-8 14:01
Makes sense. Some places require a permit which isn't a bad idea either. Guess they want to hold people/pilots accountable should anything go wrong.

Some years I'd visited Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Man Parkway, Fontana Dam, Knoxville and Dollywood but didn't have a drone at the time. Probably heavily regulated areas I would imagine.

Yes those parks are pretty heavy regulated  mostly to written permission only. I live very close to The blue ridge parkway . we can not actually fly off the parkway. But there is many opportunities to fly in the area away from the NFZ around the park lands.

Dollywood is a Amusement park so I can not say how that would be regulated other than maybe fall back on rules about the flying over large crowds of people.
Most of the TVA lands are open to flying . they have restriction for the around Watauga Dam But thats dues to being a Nature preserve.  which another NFZ area that  shows up a lot in the Appalachians
park rangers here are pretty cool I have not met any mean ones yet. They usually give you a warning and send you on your way .
2023-1-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-6 10:05
In the smokey mountains they only way they will give you written permission is if you have a p107  and the park services  approve it.  Parks and recreational areas in Tennessee in places we use to be able to fly RC heli's and stuff have now become no drones zones.  I guess people are afraid what they don't know

You need to check Ken Heron on YouTube. He lives in or near Hoptown and flies in Nashville quite often.
2023-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules