POLL: Your P4P+ has less features than P4P. Are you happy with that?
12Next >
4731 69 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This poll is intended for owners of P4P+.  Please be fair, non owners of P4P+ voting does not help to solve our unresolved malfunctionalities and problems which DJI ignores. Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
Single SelectVote, Total 75 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

10.67% (8)
57.33% (43)
32.00% (24)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-12-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Strange poll, guess the only ones who would not vote No is the non minus (+) owners who poll for the point it gives.
2017-12-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Hopefully you can see the voters and hang out the ones who voted that we know have no + RC.
2017-12-5
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-5 20:56
Hopefully you can see the voters and hang out the ones who voted that we know have no + RC.

I don't see what benefit would take the voters who do not own a P4P+ participating in this poll.
I always thought this forum is serious as its forumists.
The purpose is to determine wheter P4P+ are happy or not with their device having less features than their cheaper counterparts
2017-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-6 00:11
I don't see what benefit would take the voters who do not own a P4P+ participating in this poll.
The purpose is to determine wheter P4P+ are happy or not with their device having less features than their cheaper counterparts

The P4 pro+ has the same camera and the same drone and same performance as the cheaper P4 pro.
Since it was released a year ago, it's been well known that the P4 pro+ won't run 3rd party apps.
The plus has an expensive daylight bright monitor that's integrated with the controller.
Any other differences are only minor and don't make much difference to the use you get from the drone.
What's to complain about?
2017-12-6
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-6 02:04
The P4 pro+ has the same camera and the same drone and same performance as the cheaper P4 pro.
Since it was released a year ago, it's been well known that the P4 pro+ won't run 3rd party apps.
The plus has an expensive daylight bright monitor that's integrated with the controller.

Labroides, it's not difficult at all to see what I'm complaining about:

I suppose you do not like to be fooled as a consumer when you buy a good and you discover they sold you less than promised ...
It is true that I knew the RC+ was not running 3'rd party apps.
But there are DJI apps that one can run on a P4P and we can not run on P4P+ !!! (DJI GS Pro, to name only one).
DJI never said P4P+ aren't allowed to use those apps...This is called false advertisement and misleading the buyers.
This make us second class customers as compared to P4P.
I had a P3A before the P4P+ and on the former I was able to increase and access the system memory by simply changing the SD capacity.
On the latter, the RC it comes with a ridiculously poor 16Gb memory and thats all. It will die with the same. No way to increase or expand it.
All and every single one talblet or smartphone in the world can have increased memory by changing the SD card with a bigger one.
The built-in tablet of the P4P+ can't do that, because the SD card there does not have the same functionality as in a tablet or smartphone connected to a cheaper P4P.
Each new update means more memory and resources consuming and P4P+ owners can not do anything to counteract it, simply because DJI has sold us the unique tablet in the world which can not increase its computing capacity...
Nothing to complain indeed...
There is no disclaimer or notice to the P4P+ purchaser to inform him previously that they will buy a RC with a built in tablet where the SD card has no other functionality than installing firmware updates.
Nothing else more !!!
I bet, you can do a lot more with your SD card on your Android or IOS device...

We both know there are many other differences, which aren't "minor" at all for us as customers and owners.
I ignore the reasons you are defending DJI, I don't know if you are affiliate or sponsored, but, please just ask yourself if you'd be happy when you discover that the seller explained and sold you a different story...
And they do nothing to acknowledge or come with a repairing solution.
I don't dare to say as others that's typical chinese costumer service because I know chinese people are better than DJI team who designed the P4P+.

I know there will be non owners of P4P+ to vote on this poll, this is a dishonest, fairless and selfish attitude towards other forum fellows which are supposed to help each other.
2017-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-6 13:31
Labroides, it's not difficult at all to see what I'm complaining about:

I suppose you do not like to be fooled as a consumer when you buy a good and you discover they sold you less than promised ...

My device has a removable SD card (which is not memory - it's storage.  
I can put in a bigger one if I want to
It would enable me to have a lot of movies to watch  but that wouldn't make DJI Go 4 run any better or make any other difference to flying.

I ignore the reasons you are defending DJI, I don't know if you are affiliate or sponsored, but, please just ask yourself if you'd be happy when you discover that the seller explained and sold you a different story...
And I'll ignore you implying that I'm DJI.  If I was it would be in my ID here.
I pay for all my DJI equipment the same as you do.  I just understand it better.

It seems that your issue is that you didn't do your research before buying the Plus version.
Complaining now won't fix that.
All the things you are concerned about have been well known since the Plus came out.
They really don't make much difference apart from running 3rd party apps.
If the differences are really important to you, the solution is to buy a regular P4 pro controller and tablet and use that.
2017-12-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

The benefit could be the extra point you get for voting, specially when new here, other would poll just to tease and also there is the ones who think what do i care the + owners brought it to them self.
I can see no reason for a + owner to vote Yes to this question, would like to hear from those voted Yes why they are happy with less features. The 'don't mind' option i somehow understand if you feel the + has all you need.

I am very unsatisfied with the + and the way it is (not very well) supported by DJI, as being their own  (very expensive) device at should be the best supported device.
All the instruction/education videos provided by DJI show a lot of features/settings that don't match what you see in the app version provided to + users leaving the user very confused and led to a lot of misunderstandings when trying to get/give support.

Like you i don't really understand the (missing) usefulness of the external SD card slot, they don't even put out the latest firmwares for download, if an update is released you have to trust the download to go well over the wifi connection. Also if have yet to figure out what the purpose of the full sized USB port is, all i have done in the half year as owner had to be done with the mini USB cable.
2017-12-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-6 02:04

"Since it was released a year ago, it's been well known that the P4 pro+ won't run 3rd party apps."
It might have been if your was a DJI user when or before it was released and user of this forum but by no way it is very clear that this is the case if you bump in as a new customer and looking over the different models, you can't even use the compare function on the + against non + or other models.
O.C. we could have spend half a year looking at ranting youtube videos and reviews biased in one or the other direction but it can't be the it should be and wouldn't have been to much help anyway. Even today as owner and familiar with the DJI sites it is not clear to me where to see i would be unable to run anything but the provided flight app and some unusable social media things.

There really is a lot to complain about regarding the + model due to the lack of features, limitations and lack of support to keep it up to date with the non + models.
2017-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-6 23:24
"Since it was released a year ago, it's been well known that the P4 pro+ won't run 3rd party apps."
It might have been if your was a DJI user when or before it was released and user of this forum but by no way it is very clear that this is the case if you bump in as a new customer and looking over the different models, you can't even use the compare function on the + against non + or other models.
O.C. we could have spend half a year looking at ranting youtube videos and reviews biased in one or the other direction but it can't be the it should be and wouldn't have been to much help anyway. Even today as owner and familiar with the DJI sites it is not clear to me where to see i would be unable to run anything but the provided flight app and some unusable social media things.

There really is a lot to complain about regarding the + model due to the lack of features, limitations and lack of support to keep it up to date with the non + models.
There's no point whinging about things that aren't going to change.
What do you expect to achieve by complaining?
You always have the opportunity to use google to check on anything before you buy.
The P4 pro+ is just as it was back a year ago when it first released.
If you didn't do your research and now find that it's not suitable, it's up to you to work that out and you can easily by buying a P4 pro controller.
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-6 15:19
My device has a removable SD card (which is not memory - it's storage.  
I can put in a bigger one if I want to

Your non+ device Labroides, can do more than you tell at #7 and you know it and deliberately are not mentioning it. Curious way to be malicious and you'll have your reasons.
Admit for instance, your non+ SD device on the RC  allows you to video cache on SD card, which, we, the users and owners of the P4P+ can not and are not allowed by the manufacturer.
You run a newer update 4.1.18.
We are stuck on the older 4.1.15.
Remember this topic:
#11 to 25

Don't tell me ours is better. You can't prove it.
I only want to mention there are new functions in the latter, we, the owners of P4P+ are not granted with...Paying more than you paid for your device...
And then you come and suggest us to buy a new w/built in screen RC if we want to surpass those differences. I'd call them missing features.
You are on your own right to have such a rude and selfish approach of the problem, OK then, let's tell the potential buyers of P4P+ that they'll buy a device with less features than the P4P, ("minor differences" in your opinion, major and critical ones in our opinion as owners) and that, should they want to have the same features, buy an extra regular P4P controller too...
This in Europe is called taking people for stupid.

I assume is for the common interest people buy properly adviced.
To spare them the "research before buying" to quote you. This is what fair sellers do.
Please show us where DJI disclaims about these missing features as it must do as a seller, so the buyers can choose accordingly.
When you sell a P4P and then come on the market with a newer and more expensive model called P4P+, one expects the latter at least conserve the features of the former. Unless they state different which they did not and do not.
I did not seen any disclaimer from DJI on their webpage or elsewhere, indicating P4P+ has less features than its younger member of the same family.
And it was their legal obligation to do so. Again, and they did not.
This is called MISLEADING THE CONSUMER and FALSE ADVERTISEMENT in Europe, in Japan too and in the entire world.
I don't think you "understand better" than I do about DJI P4P+ and their sales policy.
Unless you are "inside in".
Your argument we should have consulted before Google and Youtube it is fully unconsistent for two simple reasons:
The only legally valid and commercially binding information channel when buying a good is the manufacturer's or sellers channel.
The second one is that, usually Google, Youtube, etc. reports and reviews comes after the product is on sale, usually much latter, some of them are incomplete, others are misleading or representing sponsor's points of view, there are also useful ones, few are followed by manufacturer's reaction through updating firmwares, which in our case P4P+ seems never come as KedDK said "we are on the bottom of the bottom"

And a final point: I'm not complaining on anything. I'm ACUSING of unfair sales policies, misleading the consumers through lacking information about missing features.
They can had foolished us, a bunch of owners, but it will be harder for them to foolish other potential buyers.
Let's see that on the networks and let's their sales decide...
2017-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-7 00:35
Your non+ device Labroides, can do more than you tell at #7 and you know it and deliberately are not mentioning it. Curious way to be malicious and you'll have your reasons.
Admit for instance, your non+ SD device on the RC  allows you to video cache on SD card, which, we, the users and owners of the P4P+ can not and are not allowed by the manufacturer.

your non+ SD device on the RC  allows you to video cache on SD card, which, we, the users and owners of the P4P+ can not and are not allowed by the manufacturer.
Wow .. I could cache video to my SD card!!
After 3 years of flying Phantoms, I can't think of a reason to cache video to anywhere.
That's not a feature I'd be getting excited about.
It's trivial and makes no difference to anything.
We are stuck on the older 4.1.15.

You imagine that a slightly higher firmware number means something is better.
But it doesn't.  4.1.15 is just as good as 4.1.18.
I'd be extremely surprised if anything substantial was introduced between those versions.
Don't tell me ours is better. You can't prove it.
I don't remember saying it was.
I think they are about the same - except yours has a daylight bright screen and mine can run 3rd party apps.
Paying more than you paid for your device...
So you know what I had to pay to get a monitor for my Phantom?
Your's came with a very good monitor but I had to pay extra for mine.
When you sell a P4P and then come on the market with a newer and more expensive model called P4P+, one expects the latter at least conserve the features of the former.
They were released together.
One has an expensive monitor included, one doesn't.
What you "expect" is irrelevant.  
If you didn't research your purchase, that's not DJI's fault and whinging about it now won't fix anything.

If you didn't do your research, who's fault is that?
There are things you could do to get the drone you want - why not do something instead of pointless whinging?
2017-12-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Just got reminded of another thing where the + lack of features might affect someone ...

goggle1.png
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides, you simply do not understand what we are talking about and why I'm acusing DJI of misleading trade conduct and false advertising.
1. I have no obligation to do a research on 3rd party channels like Youtube, google or others. But DJI has the obligation to clearly inform potential customers that they would buy a device or a model with lesser features. Showing the RC+ has a SD interface, without saying it has no functionality at all is fooling the consumers, is a modern form of robbery punished by law in civilized countries.
2.Don't tell me again about the bright screen of the P4P+, is as consistent to the case as I'd say your P4P has powerful engines or nice shining blades...Yes, some of the things DJI announce are real, the REAL PROBLEM is what they hide or don't disclaim before one buy it.
3.When I mentioned the difference versions of the P4P and P4P+ firmware, I was not impressed by the version numbers, the fact is P4P+' FW has LESSER FEATURES than the other. This was clearly explained in my previous post, there is a link to a topic where I posted pictures, so readers are clever enough to see and understand it. If you don't or you are paid by DJI to ingnore this facts, unfortunately for me I can't explain it in Japanese so you could understand it better. This case is like selling a car, you pay an extra for the air conditioning, but the manufacturer gives you this car without a spare tyre and does not let you know if until you have paid for it.The other ones are cheaper, have no air conditioning but have the spare tire...
4. Don't put the equal sign between P4P and P4P+. Is like comparing apples and pears , both are fruits. Problem is when they tell are selling you rippened apples and when open the bag at home one finds green, unrippened ones.
It is crystal clear for me that your campaign and fierce interest in jamming this post has no other goal than to hide DJI's design failures.
It is cheaper to make a gift to a person like you than to put their engineers at work  to solve the issues and the existing problems.

The DJI's silence with respect to this issue and the fact none of DJI moderators said anything here is a sad acknowledgement of the rationality and truthfulness of the problems owners of P4P+ have.
2017-12-7
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then that makes me to have the P4P.
2017-12-7
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

It is unfortunate that you can't use the features that you would like from the Pro 4+

I can understand the frustration you are experiencing but I really must point out...

The P4 Pro is technically the more expensive option, at least the way I perceived the purchase and laid it out in my mind.  Most tablets and absolutely phones actually cost substantially more than the $300 delta DJI charges for the Pro 4 Plus.  You're buying an integrated display, which is an awesome display.  But it comes at a price, it won't integrate with most (possibly anything) 3'rd party and has limiting capabilities as it is an integrated display and not an actual tablet or smart device.  (That's the way the I understood the documentation and marketing materials I have witnessed.)

Unless the P4P+ was initially advertised to include a Tablet vs a Display I'm really not sure how they can be held up against the accusations being made in this thread.  Not trying to be difficult just offering up my insight and the rationalization used while making my own purchase.  
2017-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-7 05:41
Labroides, you simply do not understand what we are talking about and why I'm acusing DJI of misleading trade conduct and false advertising.
1. I have no obligation to do a research on 3rd party channels like Youtube, google or others. But DJI has the obligation to clearly inform potential customers that they would buy a device or a model with lesser features. Showing the RC+ has a SD interface, without saying it has no functionality at all is fooling the consumers, is a modern form of robbery punished by law in civilized countries.
2.Don't tell me again about the bright screen of the P4P+, is as consistent to the case as I'd say your P4P has powerful engines or nice shining blades...Yes, some of the things DJI announce are real, the REAL PROBLEM is what they hide or don't disclaim before one buy it.

It is crystal clear for me that your campaign and fierce interest in jamming this post has no other goal than to hide DJI's design failures.
Actually I was trying to point out to you and your mate that at least some of your complaints aren't valid.
The point was wasted on you two as you have a different aggenda and neither of you is interested in facts.
It is cheaper to make a gift to a person like you than to put their engineers at work  to solve the issues and the existing problems.
I've already educated you about your misunderstanding back in post #7 above.
Go and read it again.
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Walk The Dog Posted at 2017-12-7 06:21
It is unfortunate that you can't use the features that you would like from the Pro 4+

I can understand the frustration you are experiencing but I really must point out...

Dear Walk the Dog,
thanks for your considerations.
I knew when I bought the P4P+ that does not accept 3rd party apps.
Problem is the P4P+ does not accept neither DJI's native apps which are available on any DJI Go 4 (the same ?!!!) running on an external table or smartphone.
And this is something that DJI does not tell you until you unbox it.
I never seen a clear statement or disclaimer that, for instance DJI GS Pro can't be installed on P4P+.
This is something the user discovers latter, reading the forums and DJI hardly acknowledges...
One does not have to be a judge to observe this is misleading the buyer and dishonest tranding practice.
The Display you mention is not a display only, it is an integrated tablet; it provides Facebook, WeChat (I think Whatsapp is forbidden in Chine, so there is no Whatsapp...), Instagram, etc.
The cheapest smartphone or table one can buy today for less than 100 USD allows user to expand memory through SD (which P4P+ does not), to videocache  on SD (P4P does too, but P4P+ does not)...

Fact is that P4P+ was released during the fever DJI had releasing new models every 4 months, without a proper previous testing and design.
Further patches were inconsistent and incomplete.
It seems they did not sold too many P4P+ and they have no interest to fix these problems having much more juicy sales with Spark and Mavic.
So, we remain at the bottom of the bottom, in the meantime I'll explain all these because I do not want new buyers to suffer...
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-7 06:27
Actually I was trying to point out to you and your mate that at least some of your complaints aren't valid.
The point was wasted on you two as you have a different aggenda and neither of you is interested in facts.

Labroides, please name what it is not true about the feature which I acuse are missing. I would be happy to have them solved or to know where to find them because I want to use it.I'm very interesting "in the facts" because these facts are affecting me and not you...
I've already educated you about your misunderstanding back in post #7 above.
Go and read it again.
You can say what you want on post #7, point is to be true... By the way, I'm POPE's brother and as you, I do have no relation with DJI.I really do hope and wish DJI make you a nice present or at least a discount. I'd be trully sad that you got nothing because I still don't see why else your insistence in teaching us about something you do not own and you do not know better than the owners. Perhaps you have an impressive flight distance, posting with the same frenesy as you did here, making noise but without answering the key points, I think you still have few miles earned...
Anyway, I know now, DJI moderators will not intercede here. Having you, there is no need to soil their hands.

Still look forward for the missing features...

2017-12-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

My two cents, I did a lot of research before laying out my money about what features each and every drone did, just as I would for any expensive purchase. Its only misleading if they promise something will do something then it doesn't.
And for information my iPad does not have a SD card for removable storage.
I can understand your frustration but don't forget to enjoy your drone for what it can do.
2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-7 08:57
My two cents, I did a lot of research before laying out my money about what features each and every drone did, just as I would for any expensive purchase. Its only misleading if they promise something will do something then it doesn't.
And for information my iPad does not have a SD card for removable storage.
I can understand your frustration but don't forget to enjoy your drone for what it can do.

I did the research too. But there is no place on DJI official and unofficial to mention DJI apps avaialble for P3 and P4 family are not available on P4P+.
For me this is misleading, as is selling a RC with SD slot completely unusable and lacking of any basic functionality.
Your IPad does not have SD card for removable storage, but you can change the external tablet or smartphone if you need this feature. We can't. Its a standalone poorly designed DJI system.
By the way, when you bought your Ipad you knew it came without SD. Now imagine you buy it with a SD slot which has no functionality. If one makes a honest reflection would feel fooled...
I simply do not know any other manufacturer to sell its top end product with less features than its middle class ones.

And the silence and lack of DJI's position into this issue is the sad acknowledgement we are unfortunatley right.
2017-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-7 08:10
Dear Walk the Dog,
thanks for your considerations.
I knew when I bought the P4P+ that does not accept 3rd party apps.

Problem is the P4P+ does not accept neither DJI's native apps which are available on any DJI Go 4 (the same ?!!!) running on an external table or smartphone.
I never seen a clear statement or disclaimer that, for instance DJI GS Pro can't be installed on P4P+.

There's another example of how you just don't do any research and try to blame it on DJI.
The only app you are talking about is GS Pro.
It only runs on Apple devices and that is very clearly spelled out, if you bothered to look.
No Android devices run this program.
And you just happen to have an Android device.

If you go to here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info
Down in the FAQs, read Q2.
It will tell you ...
    2.What devices support GS Pro?
    GS Pro is supported on all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets (Android is currently not supported).
2017-12-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There would be benefit to all those thinking of buying a P4P+, informative, to ensure they are not buying into something they were not aware of. The majority may be quite happy with their purchase, and we will never know.

The brighter display of the Plus surely is worth much more than many of the other add-ons that DJI have made. You mention DJI GS Pro, which is only available to those with iOS tablets so a P4P owner with an Android device, or an iPhone would be in the same position as yourself regarding its use.

2017-12-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-7 14:41

Well Sir, you didn't teach me anything new.
I knew that.
But having a P4P with standard RC is buyers freedom to choose between IOS or Android accordingly.
Buying a P4P+ one have no choice at all.

This is clearly a failed development (if any). I didn't claimed for 3rd party apps, but we do not have access on DJI's own apps, which the rest of P3 and P4 family have.

And there are a lot of other missing features in P4P+ comparing to P4P, see previous postings.

You still did not got your missing points? It's a free forum and you're free to claim how nice are the emperror's clothes, perhaps you hope for a reward, but the emperror in this case has no clothes...
I assume you know the story I'm talking about.
2017-12-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-8 00:40
Well Sir, you didn't teach me anything new.
I knew that.
But having a P4P with standard RC is buyers freedom to choose between IOS or Android accordingly.

This is clearly a failed development (if any). I didn't claimed for 3rd party apps, but we do not have access on DJI's own apps, which the rest of P3 and P4 family have.
There's no point continuing this discussion.
You have fooled yourself into believing that you are missing things that either make no difference or aren't available to Android users anyway.
You won't listen to experienced users explaining that to you because you just want to complain.
It's not a failed development, this is all about buyers remorse because you didn't do any research before buying.
And now you are attempting to blame DJI for your failure.
2017-12-8
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-8 04:45
You have fooled yourself into believing that you are missing things that either make no difference or aren't available to Android users anyway.

Well Labroides,
you were unable to show us when and where DJI disclaims the SD slot on the RC+ has no functionality at all .
You were unable to understand why for certain reasons P4P+ is a step behind his P4P brother.
Please don't tell me again about the bright screen...
You were unable to explain why P4P has a firmware and P4P+ has another which does not allow user to videocache on SD card which is possible on the former and for me is impossible and important.
I'm afraid you do not know what the word grievance means...

I told you is manufacturer legal and binding obligation to well inform the customers.
If I would not have right, at this time DJI would have been explained its position on this forum.

As for the previous research I told you why Youtube and Google are not a must.
There are many kinds of reviews of any kind where, as on many polls, the result is favourable to who's paying.

If P4P+ is such a fantastic piece, why don't you have one ???
I will not ask you to stop writing cheap things because I feel you need that and you won't.
Noise is the air you need to breath on this forum.
The more you'll post irrelevant things on this topic, the more points you'll get, but also help me to steady place this topic at the top of the forum list and more people to read it and decide for themselves about pros and cons of DJI P4P+.

2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-8 04:45

"There's no point continuing this discussion."
Then why do you keep posting, sounding like a old record that hit a scratch loop. To my best understanding you were not invited to complain over the complains in the first place, - "This poll is intended for owners of P4P+"

"fooled yourself into believing that you are missing things that either make no difference"
I really think that you're not the one who can judge what makes a difference for other people!

"You won't listen to experienced users" - What makes you think that, i will and i am sure 15matjan will, the problem seem to be that you are not one of them when the experience regards living with this false advertised product not living up to it promises and users expectations.

What ever would be your motivation and revenue for doing it, you really have a bad habit to make threads like this turn of track until they get closed or deleted, that simply is bad behavior!
2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

"I knew when I bought the P4P+ that does not accept 3rd party apps."
i can't say the same and i didn't  know i would have the need to do it before some time after it was bought. Even today i can't see anywhere on the product pages that it can't run other Apps than the provided, at Spec is not a word about it and looking on FAQ it just say:

10.Can I download other apps onto the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller display?
No. Currently the Phantom 4 Pro + controller does not support downloading additional third party apps.

But this don't tell that you can't run other Apps if downloaded from ex a PC, and this does not tell me that if i do download other Apps i would be meet by a message telling me that "
This application is not authorized by DJI." when i am about to install it.

7.What apps are preloaded on the Phantom 4 Pro + screen remote controller display?
Popular social media apps and DJI GO 4.

As 'Popular' by nature change over time i would believe it should be possible to replace what DJI might concider 'Popular' with what might be 'Popular' at my relationships, also i would find it natural to be able to remove Apps i don't need/want in order to save space on the device.

From the manual:
Be sure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app or other apps compatible with DJI aircraft during flight.But we can't use other apps when DJI is retricting the use of them on the +
The Remote Controller of the Phantom 4 Pro+ includes a display device  optimized for the DJI GO 4 app. No other mobile devices are required. Even not required we might want to use other devices due to the restrictions listed above.
It is recommended that you use a tablet for the best experience. Then make it possible, eventually using [21] cited below.

Phantom 4 Pro+ (Model GL300E)
[19] Micro SD Card slot
Provides extra storage space for the display device, maximum supporting 128 GB.

For sure it does not, except in the case you need so much space for the crashlog export function, not what i would call extra storage space

[21] USB Port
USB device support

Support for what, never figured out what i can connect to this and what improvement i get.

2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

@15matjan
I really think you should PM a Mod to get all the posts from YouKnowWho and replies to same deleted from this thread, it is totally spoiled as so many other with anything sounding like critics of DJI.
2017-12-8
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

@KedDK,

I can't say anything else than totally agree with the points you marked in last posts.
I must confess I didn't read the whole manual, it is not compulsory, and there is nothing else to learn than I already know about my bird.
If, "Phantom 4 Pro+ (Model GL300E)
[19] Micro SD Card slot
Provides extra storage space for the display device, maximum supporting 128 GB."
, then we have a clear, undoubtely, proof of false advertising and misleading consumer because the RC+ provides no extra storage space.
I'll make the official complaint to the Spanish Customer Protection Agency because I can not tolerate such sale practices.
I'll not stop acusing (I'm not complaining as a guru fellow on this forum vocalize) until there will be an official acknowledgement on that and reparatory solutions put in place.
I think DJI has screwed so much this model that perhaps nothing else can be done to solve it , but this is not my problem.
Every day there are more and more P4P+ owners who discover they were fooled by DJI through missing information and unfair and incomplete advertising.
Another DJI's P4P+ victim

Telling them the solution is to buy another RC is cruel , disrespectful and stupid.

Ignoring them as DJI does is ignoring the first law of commerce: respect your consumers. They are the most valuable asset and the future of your company.
But perhaps in China they still did not learn what capitalism and free market is and how it works.
Years ago Apple had no competitors. Now things had changed. When our chinese fellows will discover that, they will improve their customer support dramatically.
One can have 60% of the drone market, but this is not forever. Competitors may be weak but they are not stupid and differences will diminish. And the fooled consumer will  loose, will be very difficult to regain.
But in the meantime we have Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp (not  that We Chat app I didn't ask for and can't uninstall, afecting my RC+ poor memory resources) and many other social media where we can post and lobby other potential buyers buy properly adviced.
If DJI does not inform the buyers what to expect for, if they advertise one thing and sell you another, let us do this work for them. For free. And with pleasure.

2017-12-8
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-8 12:31
@15matjan
I really think you should PM a Mod to get all the posts from YouKnowWho and replies to same deleted from this thread, it is totally spoiled as so many other with anything sounding like critics of DJI.

KedDK, that post was an absolute no go. Its like a spoiled child running to a parent to get help to come and punish an annoying small sister.

The thread cannot be spoiled either, it was a sham from the start, completely biased and has been very badly and inaccurately argued throughout.
2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-8 15:36
KedDK, that post was an absolute no go. Its like a spoiled child running to a parent to get help to come and punish an annoying small sister.

The thread cannot be spoiled either, it was a sham from the start, completely biased and has been very badly and inaccurately argued throughout.

Of cause it is a go, OP stated from the start that this was for + users.
As I stated myself from the start it is an odd thread but that does no make it right for other, specially a non + user to make it end in the hedge (as so many other threads) just because of some criticism of DJI and the way the + is advertised.
2017-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So will the results be published so that non P4P plus users can see how discontent, or otherwise, P4P+ users are with their aircraft?
2017-12-8
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-8 17:49
So will the results be published so that non P4P plus users can see how discontent, or otherwise, P4P+ users are with their aircraft?

Do you mean the poll's results ?
The poll finishes in 26 days (it is a 30 days poll).
In the meantime I can't reveal poll's results but I'll do it immediately at its end.
Thanks for patience and comprehension but I want this to be as much as possible an objective poll.
Unfortunately some non-owners of P4P+ placed their vote to. These votes will be excluded from the final results it was and is explicitely asked for fair paly, being a poll for P4P+ users only.

Some forum fellows tried to hijack this topic in visible and "invisible" ways. It's a fraternal () sign of their fellowship.
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, please provide me with the requirements for the built-in RC, so we can help to forward the specific idea to our engineers, thank you so much.
2017-12-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-10 19:53
Hi sir, please provide me with the requirements for the built-in RC, so we can help to forward the specific idea to our engineers, thank you so much.

And I believe that's the only reasonable outcome possible from this thread - Thanks. This thread isn't about "unresolved malfunctionalities and problems" - it's about functionality which the Plus controller doesn't have over the standard controller. Those who did their research prior to making the buying decision would be aware that the Plus controller is based on a locked-down Android build. As much as I'd have been tempted to put my left Kidney on eBay to afford to have that cool display, I decided that I wanted the flexibility of putting whatever apps on the device I wanted - so I went with the standard edition.

To suggest, or at least imply, that DJI have deceived or ill-informed buyers is quite unfair, and there is nothing faulty about the product (as the description for the Poll states). It's simply that there's a desire to have additional functionality which the locked-down build prevents. I get that, and I'm with you.

So, my point? The question asked by Thor is the only way forward if anyone considers they've been short-changed. Offer a list of capabilities which you want, remembering that the design objective for the Plus controller was no doubt to Not provide an open platform which could be corrupted by a user installing Candy Crush or whatever.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-12-10 20:55
And I believe that's the only reasonable outcome possible from this thread - Thanks. This thread isn't about "unresolved malfunctionalities and problems" - it's about functionality which the Plus controller doesn't have over the standard controller. Those who did their research prior to making the buying decision would be aware that the Plus controller is based on a locked-down Android build. As much as I'd have been tempted to put my left Kidney on eBay to afford to have that cool display, I decided that I wanted the flexibility of putting whatever apps on the device I wanted - so I went with the standard edition.

To suggest, or at least imply, that DJI have deceived or ill-informed buyers is quite unfair, and there is nothing faulty about the product (as the description for the Poll states). It's simply that there's a desire to have additional functionality which the locked-down build prevents. I get that, and I'm with you.

Thank you for your support. We would like to hear the users feedback on our products which make a great effect to improve the functions of it. Your valued advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
2017-12-11
Use props
papartis
lvl.2
Lithuania

P4P+ user here. After almost a year of use (I pre-ordered since official launch) I must say today I would buy P4P without a plus. Great screen, no wires but limited app support and still laggy Android OS is not a great deal. I am still on older firmware because of bad user experience with the latest one. Phantom PRO itself is a great piece of technology (save for few niggles).
2017-12-11
Use props
Dirty Dog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146404 ft
United States

Wow, that was a little tough to read thru.   Yes I do understand and I do agree that we were ill informed.  I purchased my + in the beginning when it was released.  One thing that isn't stated, and wasn't stated is that at the time.  DJI had released the Pro and Pro+ to some of their Pre-Authorized reviewers.  You know, to get the Hype Up for the upcoming release.  They were telling the previewers that the + didn't "Support 3rd Party Apps" at that time.  However, they did not say that they wouldn't allow it in the future.    Here is where it left the impression that in the future, 3rd party apps would be supported thru subsequent firmware updates.  That is what was failed to be captured.    One reason I chose the + is because of the continuous docking/un-docking a tablet/phone would wear out the hardware.  Does anyone know anyone who had a phone last longer than 1.5/2 years?  My mini USB charging port never lasts that long.  I like the fact that I wont wear out a mini USB port by having a solid mounted screen.  

As far as firmware, updates, geo-fencing, database lists, I have lost all confidence in DJI and their technical support and software.  I haven't updated my firmware since before the Geo-fencing.  I refuse to do it.  I purchased a product for what it was.  I follow the FAA rules.  Simple as that.  I didn't spend my money to worry that what I originally purchased is going to change the next time they want me to change the product I purchased.  It would be really nice if our Pro+ could preform just as the Non + version.  I fail to believe that the "firmware" is unable to be changed to support 3rd party apps.   Moreover, why was it programmed this way?  Really, WHY?
2017-12-12
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

As someone who did a lot of research before buying my P4P+, I do remember knowing ahead of time that the + didn't allow for 3rd party apps; however, all the research in the world wouldn't have helped me know what this really meant and how it would affect my experience.  Being that it was my first drone purchase I couldn't have.  

I purchased my + based on trust that a product advertised as "plus" would likely be the better product.  I also know this is not always the case and often times you wind up over paying for add-ons.  Paying for undercoating on a car is overkill and is likely a waste of money but it doesn't make your car function worse than a car without it.  

Yes, the monitor is great but after owning my drone for a while and seeing all of the posts about what you can do with all of the different apps; coupled with dji's inaction when it comes to improving the app we are wed to, it's clear to me I made a mistake.  I take full responsibility for that and hear the old adage about those who "assume" ringing in the back of my mind.

I don't regret buying my P4P but the trade off of a nice screen for greater flexibility has proven to be a mistake.  Knowing what I know now, I would have happily spend a couple hundred bucks more than the cost of my P4P+.

It will be interesting to see if the next Phantom release includes a + version and if so, if 3rd party apps will be allowed.  It feels to me that there won't be a "next" Phantom.  I would have expected it to be out by now but that's just me.  I am crazy enough to think they'd have come out with better firmware by now <sigh>.  With such a black-eye on the Phantom product overall, my money is on a totally new line to replace it.  Maybe a scaled down Inspire?

Note:  This conversation wasn't available when I bought my P4P+ because the + version was too new.  If pre-owners are able to see this thread, I hope my comments help you.
2017-12-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules