POLL: Your P4P+ has less features than P4P. Are you happy with that?
4569 71 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirty Dog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146404 ft
United States

Wow, that was a little tough to read thru.   Yes I do understand and I do agree that we were ill informed.  I purchased my + in the beginning when it was released.  One thing that isn't stated, and wasn't stated is that at the time.  DJI had released the Pro and Pro+ to some of their Pre-Authorized reviewers.  You know, to get the Hype Up for the upcoming release.  They were telling the previewers that the + didn't "Support 3rd Party Apps" at that time.  However, they did not say that they wouldn't allow it in the future.    Here is where it left the impression that in the future, 3rd party apps would be supported thru subsequent firmware updates.  That is what was failed to be captured.    One reason I chose the + is because of the continuous docking/un-docking a tablet/phone would wear out the hardware.  Does anyone know anyone who had a phone last longer than 1.5/2 years?  My mini USB charging port never lasts that long.  I like the fact that I wont wear out a mini USB port by having a solid mounted screen.  

As far as firmware, updates, geo-fencing, database lists, I have lost all confidence in DJI and their technical support and software.  I haven't updated my firmware since before the Geo-fencing.  I refuse to do it.  I purchased a product for what it was.  I follow the FAA rules.  Simple as that.  I didn't spend my money to worry that what I originally purchased is going to change the next time they want me to change the product I purchased.  It would be really nice if our Pro+ could preform just as the Non + version.  I fail to believe that the "firmware" is unable to be changed to support 3rd party apps.   Moreover, why was it programmed this way?  Really, WHY?
2017-12-12
Use props
dewein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

As someone who did a lot of research before buying my P4P+, I do remember knowing ahead of time that the + didn't allow for 3rd party apps; however, all the research in the world wouldn't have helped me know what this really meant and how it would affect my experience.  Being that it was my first drone purchase I couldn't have.  

I purchased my + based on trust that a product advertised as "plus" would likely be the better product.  I also know this is not always the case and often times you wind up over paying for add-ons.  Paying for undercoating on a car is overkill and is likely a waste of money but it doesn't make your car function worse than a car without it.  

Yes, the monitor is great but after owning my drone for a while and seeing all of the posts about what you can do with all of the different apps; coupled with dji's inaction when it comes to improving the app we are wed to, it's clear to me I made a mistake.  I take full responsibility for that and hear the old adage about those who "assume" ringing in the back of my mind.

I don't regret buying my P4P but the trade off of a nice screen for greater flexibility has proven to be a mistake.  Knowing what I know now, I would have happily spend a couple hundred bucks more than the cost of my P4P+.

It will be interesting to see if the next Phantom release includes a + version and if so, if 3rd party apps will be allowed.  It feels to me that there won't be a "next" Phantom.  I would have expected it to be out by now but that's just me.  I am crazy enough to think they'd have come out with better firmware by now <sigh>.  With such a black-eye on the Phantom product overall, my money is on a totally new line to replace it.  Maybe a scaled down Inspire?

Note:  This conversation wasn't available when I bought my P4P+ because the + version was too new.  If pre-owners are able to see this thread, I hope my comments help you.
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dewein Posted at 2017-12-12 07:17
As someone who did a lot of research before buying my P4P+, I do remember knowing ahead of time that the + didn't allow for 3rd party apps; however, all the research in the world wouldn't have helped me know what this really meant and how it would affect my experience.  Being that it was my first drone purchase I couldn't have.  

I purchased my + based on trust that a product advertised as "plus" would likely be the better product.  I also know this is not always the case and often times you wind up over paying for add-ons.  Paying for undercoating on a car is overkill and is likely a waste of money but it doesn't make your car function worse than a car without it.  

Well put, dewein. And Dirty Dog, I'm pretty sure why - DJI wanted to provide a platform which people couldn't muck with, and that would bring stability and consistency of experience. Well, I suspect that's what DJI thought anyway.

But as we've seen, the implications of a locked-build weren't quite understood by many, and DJI's subsequent neutering of drone capabilities in an attempt to redress market perceptions (due to some user's rampant stupidity) has just back-fired on them.

In my naive view, the best way for DJI to repair this is to open the Plus Android build. That would put Plus owners on an even playing field - warts and all - with other non-Plus owners. But with the better display, of course. And let's face it, that's what you paid extra for... ;-)
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

15matjan Posted at 2017-12-7 05:41
Labroides, you simply do not understand what we are talking about and why I'm acusing DJI of misleading trade conduct and false advertising.
1. I have no obligation to do a research on 3rd party channels like Youtube, google or others. But DJI has the obligation to clearly inform potential customers that they would buy a device or a model with lesser features. Showing the RC+ has a SD interface, without saying it has no functionality at all is fooling the consumers, is a modern form of robbery punished by law in civilized countries.
2.Don't tell me again about the bright screen of the P4P+, is as consistent to the case as I'd say your P4P has powerful engines or nice shining blades...Yes, some of the things DJI announce are real, the REAL PROBLEM is what they hide or don't disclaim before one buy it.

Hi sir, now built-in RC can update the app directly, however, coz the app it uses is not the same version as the regular Android devices use, it is an optimized version, so it might not be the same update between the built-in RC and regular Android devices.
For the SD card, it can use for firmware upgrade, as well as viewing the pics and videos on it. If you need to edit the drone videos and other videos that you took, you can move it to the SD card and use the editor in the RC. Noted that it doesn't support copy the local files to the SD card at the moment.
For built-in RC, it has a professional 1080p display, the maximum brightness can reach to 1000nits, it is also two times than regular Android device, which can be also watched clear even when the sunlight directly shine into the device, it has an easier way to power on and connect the drone, it can ensure the compatibility, transmission delay is also less than regular devices.
We appreciate any support and feedback on our productions, which will be greatly provided us the motivations to produce a product with more functions.
Let me know if there are any other requirements. Thank you again for your understanding.
2017-12-13
Use props
Steve Og
lvl.3
Flight distance : 938258 ft
United States

I too purchased the Plus model and only realized later just how limiting it was. I don't blame that totally on DJA. It was my first drone purchase and the bright screen sounded better. It was my fault I didn't realize the implications of the restricted system.  I did a lot of research but didn't dig a deep to uncover what I'm learning now.  I'm posting for new buyers to see this and hope they can make a more informed decision.  I wish I had realized the implications then and I would have chosen the non-Plus model and purchased a device with a better screen. Being unable to use third party apps and being unable to sync with useful flight logging applications are a bigger deal to me than I was able to realize as a total newbie.  I do love the screen and the aircraft and I enjoy flying it, but wish I hadn't locked myself into the closed-system app.
2017-12-16
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

When I bought mine P4P not the plus version I compared the plus version VS the non plus version and desided to get the non plus. You skuld always no the recerch befor buying, not after you bought it.
2017-12-16
Use props
Steve Og
lvl.3
Flight distance : 938258 ft
United States

JoiCam Posted at 2017-12-16 15:44
When I bought mine P4P not the plus version I compared the plus version VS the non plus version and desided to get the non plus. You skuld always no the recerch befor buying, not after you bought it.

you are certainly right, research before you buy.  My point is that I didn't understand the implications. Being a novice I didn't realize the ramifications of what I read.  I don't blame DJI for this, I learned. But to imply i should know what I don't know before I know it seems silly to me.  
2017-12-16
Use props
Grumpy Old Man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37795 ft
Australia

I bought the P4P+ not only for the great integrated screen, but mainly for the on board HDMI output, which is also @ 1080... The P4P doesn't have HDMI, and the module you have to purchase separately  (for around $160 Aus) is only 720. In fact I cancelled an order for a P4P when I found out about the HDMI and went for the Plus (Obsidian) instead. I'm glad I did. My first drone was a P4 which I fitted an HDMI module to, and the 720 was lousy in goggles and on big screen TV's. The 1080 from the P4P= is great.
2017-12-17
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

One of the biggest beefs in this thread is that DJI have not clearly advertised the limitations in their advertising. This is usually so, a manufacturer is out to sell his products, to show the advantages the object has over his competitors and other models in his range. There is of course a grey zone between deliberate misrepresentation and good marketing; I do not believe that DJI has actually crossed this line.

How about this advertisement:

Our cars are designed to provide what we believe to be the best set of compromises possible for your maximum enjoyment.

We would like however to be perfectly honest and point out a number of considerations you should make before you purchase. If you have a family, or, are thinking of having one be aware that this vehicle is severely limited in its seating capacity. Neither is this vehicle environmentally very friendly, although we meet the severe government regulations on emission and fuel consumption, it was a close thing, we are at the maximum limits allowed. Other models in our range and from our competitors can be fitted with optional extras that this vehicle cannot use. Further more, the insurance, the road taxation and service, not to mention repairs are amongst the most expensive in the world. The suspension can be hard and the entire vehicle is so loud at high speeds that the radio is virtually useless.

Last but not least, if you want the coupe version, do not expect us to make it into a cabriolet at a later date.

Do you still want such a car? I cannot imagine however, that any car manufacturer would follow these principals, especially Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, and several others whose products are honestly described.
2017-12-20
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

New FW available for P4P, pano mode and others, but, again... UNAVAILABLE for P4P+
2017-12-27
Use props
Rexster314
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

I'm somewhat a late comer here on this topic, but I've had a P4P+ since last July. I'm perfectly happy with the controller since the brighter screen was what I was after. I miss Litchi but I never used the POI setting in it. I would  like to see the PANO feature appear in GO4. It's hard to believe that DJI doesn't support the Android systems (whether P4P+ or Android phone/tablet) first over iOS. I did manage to install a 3rd party app that is a screen recorder, and it works perfectly. I use that recording to insert at certain times in the final video (PIP).
2017-12-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Rexster314 Posted at 2017-12-28 14:34
I'm somewhat a late comer here on this topic, but I've had a P4P+ since last July. I'm perfectly happy with the controller since the brighter screen was what I was after. I miss Litchi but I never used the POI setting in it. I would  like to see the PANO feature appear in GO4. It's hard to believe that DJI doesn't support the Android systems (whether P4P+ or Android phone/tablet) first over iOS. I did manage to install a 3rd party app that is a screen recorder, and it works perfectly. I use that recording to insert at certain times in the final video (PIP).

Better late than never ...

" I did manage to install a 3rd party app that is a screen recorder"
Do you have a link for the App and/or instructions for the sideload installation?
Have you had any issues using it?
2017-12-30
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-10 19:53
Hi sir, please provide me with the requirements for the built-in RC, so we can help to forward the specific idea to our engineers, thank you so much.

Sorry Thor, I think I missed this post.

Well, I think first of all is the possibility to be able to expand system memory through external SD card. We already have the slot and ALL the smartphones and tablets on the market today have this option.
Some forum fellows blame the owners of not having researched enough before buying. I invite them to show us where it that was stated. The SD card of the RC can't be used to increase the ridiculously small internal memory of 16Gb.
This affects badly the overall computing and processing capability of the whole system.Being also able to video cache on the SD as P4P does and P4P+ does not.
Since we have a USB slot, being able to disconnect the built in screen and control the AC through an external tablet or smartphone with an installed DJI Go 4 app. This is a simple sollution and could help us, the owners and the users to still use the Phantom when the internal 16Gb tablet become useless.
Last but not least, being able to use your apps !!! like DJI GS Pro for example.
And common accepted social media as Whatsapp. Don't understand why can we have We talk and Facebook and last one not.

Another thing I'd like to have is being able to access pano mode, as other P4P does and also all the other features P4P has and P4P+ has not.

If you do not know them, I'm sure the owners can help you to figure them out.
And, for God's sake, please don't tell us again these suggestions will help the development of a new model, I do care much more of my model which it is not what DJI promised to be. (A + usually means more options than the - ....)

2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-1 12:23
Sorry Thor, I think I missed this post.

Well, I think first of all is the possibility to be able to expand system memory through external SD card. We already have the slot and ALL the smartphones and tablets on the market today have this option.

Thank you for your update, all your requests will be transferred.
But since you mentioned that saving data on internal space will affect the capacity, could you please provide me with more details about the influence so I can make it more clear to our engineers.
And for the Pano, it is because the app has not been updated, it will be supported when the app is upgraded to the related version. And I had forwarded to our engineers to help to escalate the schedule.
We really appreciate your feedback and hope more functions will be available in the future.
2018-1-1
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-1 23:01
Thank you for your update, all your requests will be transferred.
But since you mentioned that saving data on internal space will affect the capacity, could you please provide me with more details about the influence so I can make it more clear to our engineers.
And for the Pano, it is because the app has not been updated, it will be supported when the app is upgraded to the related version. And I had forwarded to our engineers to help to escalate the schedule.

Dear Thor,
by the possibility of increasing the internal memory of the RC+ through the incorporated SD slot I mean that:
  • be able to videocache on SD card. Actually we either have to use autoclean or don't use videocache. Videocache is useful to recover the path of the AC in a difficult flight and if you have many offline maps downloaded, videos recorded, etc. on the internal RC+ memory, actually one arrives to fly without the possibility to videocache because it does not have enough space (I recall, overall only 16Gb). In mid flight, getting the announcement "video cache has stopped..." is distressing and frustrating.
  • be able to transfer local videos from the same internal memory to the external SD. This will allow free-up internal storage space and memory, improving processing and computing capabilities of the RC+ as well as externally back-up videos from the cache which, in a middle of a long flight, could turn to be the only recorded memories if for whatever reeason the AC's main SD fails.
  • be able to store the offline maps on the SD card of the RC+. For pilots flying to (many) different countries and in areas without WIFI or GSM signal, this is a crucial requirement. The overall size for the offline maps is at this moment of 12,3 Gb, and maps are continuously growing in size and precision.Compared to the, again, total 16Gb of the whole built-in system of the P4P+, it results obviously insufficient and must be urgently addressed and improved.
  • be able to transfer some applications from the internal memory to the SD memory.I have in mind all the applications which are not essential nor important for the flight, like Facebook and others, freeing up, again, internal memory.
  • All above described are posible in every single one Android system today, even the cheapest smartphone or tablet available on the market years ago was able to do that.
  • Last but not least, I personally don't find the use of the video editor of the RC+. It does not support 4K, and I think, as I do, most of the owners and users record on 4K. I imagine the computing capacity of the integrated RC+ is so limited it will never be able to process 4K. In this case I'd like to have the option to uninstall it and free-up internal memory.The same for apps which are not linked to the flight, flight control, etc. and one will never use.As for, in my personal opinion, We Chat, I'd like to have instead the much more, overhelmingly, popular Whatsapp.

This is a shortlist, I'm sure I missed other points to be improved or updated, which forum fellows will accordingly ammend, but please have in mind that with only 16 Gb, our system is underpowerred and extremely limited.
I'm sure almost all of the users of non + P4P have much more processing memory and storage space on their external smartphones or tablets they use to fly and DJI never mentioned P4P+'s built-in RC can't access external SD card through its SD slot for purposes and functionalities above described.
I think is good either to fix that or to inform your consumers accordingly because, as you could have seen from the poll, most of the owners and users are unhappy with that.
Personally if I'd had the choice of knowing this before buying the P4P+, I'd have lost my interest in the 1000 nits screen. There are phones and tablets on the market with this brightness capability.
2018-1-2
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

We pay more for less. Hell ya I'm unhappy!!!
2018-1-2
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
United States

Popie Posted at 2018-1-2 15:06

And the new updated for the app is still not out fro the +. I really  was looking forward to the Panoramic photo my buddy can do with the pro. But as I paid more for the ^*%&&^*$&*$ Plus I will have to wait until they get around to making some other F$%&#% up up date of the app for it
2018-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Popie Posted at 2018-1-2 15:06

That's a false premise.
Actually, you pay more for more.
Pay less and you still have to go and buy your own screen.
2018-1-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Popie Posted at 2018-1-2 15:21
And the new updated for the app is still not out fro the +. I really  was looking forward to the Panoramic photo my buddy can do with the pro. But as I paid more for the ^*%&&^*$&*$ Plus I will have to wait until they get around to making some other F$%&#% up up date of the app for it

Simple way is to take some photos with overlap and throw them into MS ICE, and then you can create even better panoramic than your buddy. Extra cost zero.
2018-1-2
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-2 15:26
That's a false premise.
Actually, you pay more for more.
Pay less and you still have to go and buy your own screen.

Labroides,
I think you become pathetic.
Same old song you already tried to sing here and many P4P+ owners explained you how the things are going with this model.
We know you want to get extra points from DJI but since you are not a P4P+ owner, please do us a favor and try to be objective refraining to comment about something you do not own.
Yes, I know it's a free forum, anyone can post almost anything, but your interested insistence suffocates the minimal ethics one post should have.
We pay more for less:
P4P+ = 1999 USD
P4P = 1699 USD
The built in screen ("-") edition is 300 usd more expensive than the other.
The ONLY thing it has as extra is a 1000 nits screen.
Now, if I buy P4P I need to buy also a tablet or a smartphone. With 1000 nits screen so we can have a rigourous comparison.
On the market one can find many 1000 nits tablets or smartphones for less than 300 USD, to give only an example: Cube T7 4G with a retina screen and 1000 nits it costs only 145 USD.
1000 nits cheaper tablet
And you can expand memory through SD card on it which P4P+ can't, and you can install 3rd party apps which P4P+ can't, and you can video cache on SD, which P4P+ can't, and many other things already explained on this topic.
155 euros cheaper and better...

Quod erat demonstrandum...

Please refrain from becoming ridiculously repetitive on the opposite side of the reality...
2018-1-3
Use props
fansa2fc07e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2092224 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-6 02:04
The P4 pro+ has the same camera and the same drone and same performance as the cheaper P4 pro.
Since it was released a year ago, it's been well known that the P4 pro+ won't run 3rd party apps.
The plus has an expensive daylight bright monitor that's integrated with the controller.

Forgive my English but I'm the Google translator.
We do not always talk about drones but you have to tell me why the app 4.1.22 already released for the P4P has not yet been obtained for the P4P +. Also it is possible that having paid more than all the others we are not free to install other applications? I do not think so. This fact during the advertising of the P4P + has never been mentioned. I therefore consider incorrect the behavior of a company that has nothing to fear on the market.
2018-1-3
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
United States

Steve Og Posted at 2017-12-16 12:45
I too purchased the Plus model and only realized later just how limiting it was. I don't blame that totally on DJA. It was my first drone purchase and the bright screen sounded better. It was my fault I didn't realize the implications of the restricted system.  I did a lot of research but didn't dig a deep to uncover what I'm learning now.  I'm posting for new buyers to see this and hope they can make a more informed decision.  I wish I had realized the implications then and I would have chosen the non-Plus model and purchased a device with a better screen. Being unable to use third party apps and being unable to sync with useful flight logging applications are a bigger deal to me than I was able to realize as a total newbie.  I do love the screen and the aircraft and I enjoy flying it, but wish I hadn't locked myself into the closed-system app.

Problem is most people do not see or come to this forum until after they have a problem, [already bought the damn thing.]
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Popie Posted at 2018-1-5 08:28
Problem is most people do not see or come to this forum until after they have a problem, [already bought the damn thing.]

Agreed i didn't even know it was here until all the trouble late June hit me hard.
2018-1-5
Use props
Rexster314
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-30 07:44
Better late than never ...

" I did manage to install a 3rd party app that is a screen recorder"

The forum won't let me add a link to Youtube

Do a search on Youtube using this title:
How to Install 3rd Party Apps - DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus RC
2018-1-5
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Rexster314 Posted at 2018-1-5 11:50
The forum won't let me add a link to Youtube

Do a search on Youtube using this title:

There are several videos on YouTube dealing with “jailbreaking” the p4p+ to install 3rd party apps. Basically you need to remove the signature protection in the controller. The process is relatively complicated though.  
2018-1-5
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Having this poll ended, some short comments and final results:
Despite of having asked for the vote of, only P4P+ owners, people flying other models expressed their vote too.
Consequently I think is correct not to count those particular votes as being irrelevant. This is easy to detect analyzing the public profile page and posts of everyone expressing his or her vote.

Since DJI does not make any distinction between P4P and P4P+ we were unable to determine wheter the P4P voters have a regular or a + version. Therefore, in this last case, the poll's results all were considerred as, bona fides, all being + owners, unless being able to determine the contrary from their posts on other forum threads or topics.
Having these explained, here are the poll's results:
Yes (happy) - 6 voters (2 of the voters does not own a P4P+)
No (unhappy) - 43 voters
It does not matter - 17 voters (having here the biggest number of non P4P+ voters : 7, whose votes were discarded).

This makes 65% of P4P+ owners unhappy and only 9,1% happy with their P4P+.

To all of you I want to thank for your participation and comments.
I also do hope DJI will take act of the poll's results and, hopefully, react...
2018-1-14
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made the mistake of not reading the faq to see that the plus controller won’t take additional apps. So, my bad. I purchased an additional controller so I could use my iPhone and iPad. I see use for both, so I’m not upset at all. I do wish the Phantom would allow master/slave so I could allow family members to fly it. (I won’t do that otherwise)
2018-1-15
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-1-15 14:03
I made the mistake of not reading the faq to see that the plus controller won’t take additional apps. So, my bad. I purchased an additional controller so I could use my iPhone and iPad. I see use for both, so I’m not upset at all. I do wish the Phantom would allow master/slave so I could allow family members to fly it. (I won’t do that otherwise)

As for the Master/Slave it's not a bad ideea but we fly Phantom's not Yuneek's...The main issue of the P4P+ for me is that only 16Gb memory size is drastically reducing "screen's" (I can't call it a tablet...) computing capacity (with undesired results as: green screens, video lags and even in flight commands and controls will be affected...)
2018-1-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-15 14:12
As for the Master/Slave it's not a bad ideea but we fly Phantom's not Yuneek's...The main issue of the P4P+ for me is that only 16Gb memory size is drastically reducing "screen's" (I can't call it a tablet...) computing capacity (with undesired results as: green screens, video lags and even in flight commands and controls will be affected...)

The main issue of the P4P+ for me is that only 16Gb memory size is drastically reducing "screen's" (I can't call it a tablet...) computing capacity with undesired results
A lot of your "problems" are due to poor understanding.
The screen does not have 16GB of memory.  
If it did, it would probably be the fastest and most powerful Android tablet available.
It has 16GB of STORAGE - that's where it stores programs and data files and has no effect on processing effectiveness.
If the P4 pro+ screen is the same as the Crystalsky 5.5 inch screen, it has 4GB of MEMORY.
Memory is where the computer does its processing and 4GB is a lot of memoryfor an Android tablet.
2018-1-15
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-15 15:49
The main issue of the P4P+ for me is that only 16Gb memory size is drastically reducing "screen's" (I can't call it a tablet...) computing capacity with undesired results
A lot of your "problems" are due to poor understanding.
The screen does not have 16GB of memory.  

Mobile Device Holder
GL300E: Built-in display device (5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080, 1000 cd/m2, Android system, 4 GB RAM+16 GB ROM)

RAM - is the "computing memory" and "ROM" is the storage memory.
Its like on a PC, you may have a big RAM but when your HDD (which in this case is ROM) gets full, the computing capacity of your PC is reduced and drastically affected.
The offline download maps occupies for 12,3Gb, I mention no video cache, is "crystall clear" there is no enough storage cappacity with only 16 Gb (same reason todays tablets and smartphones have at least 32, and most 64 or more Gb of ROM.
This is traduced latter with green screens and FPV image freezings, which you'll have not as you do not own a P4P+, but owners of this model, know what I'm talking about.
And DJI too, but they prefer not to hear us...
As for your comparison with Crystal sky, you're humble mixing it:
Do you know which is the Crystall sky ROM ??? 64 Gb and 128 Gb respectively. Not 16 Gb !!!! Why it would be if we speak only of storage...???? And Crystal sky allows use of SD card to expand further the storage memory which P4P+ does not and they don't say it...
And, I'll spare your reply which I imagine "it's on the specs, you know it before you buy". Yes, it's true. But it's also true on any tablet of smartphone existing on the living world, the SD card can be used to increase ROM memory.
Which DJI make any mention that its P4P+ can't do it, nor I found it on any Youtube reviews or researches and this means inducing potential customers in error. They must disclaim it previously.
They even claim "Android system". Not "special" Android system (with described hardware limitations...)

2018-1-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-14 13:17
Having this poll ended, some short comments and final results:
Despite of having asked for the vote of, only P4P+ owners, people flying other models expressed their vote too.
Consequently I think is correct not to count those particular votes as being irrelevant. This is easy to detect analyzing the public profile page and posts of everyone expressing his or her vote.

Just to mention, you can't rely solely on voters profile, if they have bought second hand or registered to another profile you wont see it in the profile. Still think it gives the direction of satisfaction and lack of.

Like stated in one of my first posts of this thread i still wonder why anyone is happy with less features as it just to not use them, the don't care i can understand if the + bring all you need.
2018-1-16
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Just arrived on the forum, but, as P4P+ owner, I completely agree with you 15matjan. It's incredible this discrepancy.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules