Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 + Zenmuse 15 + Sony A7R - Mapping/survey?
1863 5 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qAnhvrY
New

United States

Hi All,
We have the M600 Pro, Z15 gimbal, and sony A7R camera with the intended use for survey/mapping - eventually LiDAR.
We have seen this setup recommended however now that we have the gear we cant find the supporting app to automated flight and data gathering.

Ive seen mention of DJI Ground Station Pro supporting the Z15 and A7R - however we found this to not be the case (cameras is not in the list, can not get camera feed to work).
We have not been able to find a mobile app on android or IOS to support this setup in any automated fashion.  We are able to take pictures and automate the gimbal, thats about it.  

• Has anyone been successful getting a similar setup like this to work for mapping/survey/automated missions?

Looking for any help i can get!

Thank you,
Bruce

2017-12-5
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.2

United States

We have the M600 with Zenmuse X5 and we collect LiDAR. Which LiDAR unit did you go with? We use a scanner from LiDAR USA.
2017-12-6
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.2

United States

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question.

If you don't have LiDAR yet, you're doing photogrammetry, right? Pix4D is probably your best bet. We use Pix4D to produce orthomosaics. I've actually collected LiDAR & imagery simultaneously with Pix4D but that was because I couldn't get my usual software to behave. When collecting LiDAR, I use Autopilot by Hangar (formerly AutoFlightLogic).

Even if you're camera isn't listed in Pix4D, you can manually enter focal length and such. The capture app is free so you might as well try it.
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_tp8uxQt
lvl.1
United States

Radf9760 Posted at 2017-12-6 16:45
Sorry, I didn't really answer your question.

If you don't have LiDAR yet, you're doing photogrammetry, right? Pix4D is probably your best bet. We use Pix4D to produce orthomosaics. I've actually collected LiDAR & imagery simultaneously with Pix4D but that was because I couldn't get my usual software to behave. When collecting LiDAR, I use Autopilot by Hangar (formerly AutoFlightLogic).

No worries!
We are starting with photogrammetry and have some experience with Pix4d Capture with a different drone used primarily for training.  
Thanks for the info on LiDAR – ill be checking into that soon.

We will be performing some tests using no geo tagged images today into tomorrow to see how well it goes.   We will have survey/GCP’s though, and according to pix4d Mapper – these images can still be processed but it may be slower.  
2017-12-7
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.2

United States

Ground Control Points - ugh.  I have had terrible luck entering those into Pix4D at the beginning of processing. I need to try entering them when the ortho is done and see if it goes better. For now, we're using a bit LiDAR of software to correct the photos to our ground control.

Pix4D is set up to handle GCP's, I just haven't had time to experiment with it yet. I know there's a pretty big suite of training materials on their website. I'm hoping to get through a glut of data processing and then try to do some self-guided training.

For LiDAR, I'd check out LiDAR USA, they've been great, those guys really know their stuff.
2017-12-22
Use props
JaredL
New

United States

You said you collect LiDAR and imagery simultaneously?  That is very cool.  Are both gimbaled on a Zenmuse X5? And are they both transmitting via lightbridge2?
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules