OTG Cable Not connecting
5494 68 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-11 12:24
Ok, I have at least tried to remain friendly. One of your great friends out here has qualified me being a "rabid fanboy". Therefore I recommend you to just stick with his (more than limited) horizon and to please ignore any posts of mine in the future. But should you need some assistance in the future I'll be happy to help you if I can.

You haven't been polite at all, you've been condescending and patronsing....and have also been misleading other Spark users about what DJI 'might' be doing.

Appreciatee your offer for help in the future, but in this matter, I don't think youo're helping.
2017-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-11 10:02
I singled out your use of the word bug you as you have persistently tried to shut down any ranting and anger about this important issue with your personal intepretation of what DJI are telling you (us).

Facts are, we are a month into this shambles of an App release and we're still getting fluffy DJI responses.  

“A month into this shambles “

Ranting is really working so.
2017-12-11
Use props
Laszl0
lvl.1
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-11 12:36
Yes, for one more time among hundreds of posts in this forum ;-): https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... -release/#downloads
Don't click on the green download button, but look below. There are two versions, one for tablets, one for smartphones. You have to find out yourself which is the right one for you.

Thank you for reply. I tried both links from apkmirror and today both links from apk.co
None of 4 files can skip this "failed to get resource file" problem.
It's strange, becose when I install 4.1.18 version from google play, disconnect smarphone from internet and start the app, it unzipps the resource file and runs normally.
When I try to start 4.1.15 version, there is and error "Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry." It doesn't matter if smarphone is connected to internet or not.
Maybe if I download this file from internet and place somewhere on smartphone it will work...?

Now I'm looking for this resource file for 4.1.15 version.
2017-12-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-11 13:55
“A month into this shambles “

Ranting is really working so.

Yes indeed
2017-12-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Laszl0 Posted at 2017-12-11 14:04
Thank you for reply. I tried both links from apkmirror and today both links from apk.co
None of 4 files can skip this "failed to get resource file" problem.
It's strange, becose when I install 4.1.18 version from google play, disconnect smarphone from internet and start the app, it unzipps the resource file and runs normally.

Have you before uninstalled the .18 version and deleted all data and cache? And yes, put the downloaded APK file on your smartphone and install it. It is working for almost everyone here and I am running out of ideas why it shouldn't work for you too...
2017-12-11
Use props
Laszl0
lvl.1
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-11 14:09
Have you before uninstalled the .18 version and deleted all data and cache? And yes, put the downloaded APK file on your smartphone and install it. It is working for almost everyone here and I am running out of ideas why it shouldn't work for you too...

No, I didn't remove for example two last cache videos...
I will try again after deleting such files...
2017-12-11
Use props
Norberto12
New
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

Same is happening to me. LMK if you find a good solution.
2017-12-11
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

This trick is not supported by DJI (little disclaimer). I use an Apple iOS and it works just fine, have heard that other operating systems do not work. Know this doesn't help, hope it provides a touch of insight... GO APPLE!

2017-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-11 10:02
I singled out your use of the word bug you as you have persistently tried to shut down any ranting and anger about this important issue with your personal intepretation of what DJI are telling you (us).

Facts are, we are a month into this shambles of an App release and we're still getting fluffy DJI responses.  

Again more evidence that dji engineers are working on getting otg working.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-12 06:19
Again more evidence that dji engineers are working on getting otg working.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=123446&pid=1074434&fromuid=260008

Thank you!
2017-12-12
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Beside stability, the transfer rate of video and photos I got 3xxxKB per second if using OTG, but only 1xxxKB when using WiFi !
2017-12-12
Use props
djiuser_mxp7X0b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5272 ft
United Kingdom

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-11 21:01
This trick is not supported by DJI (little disclaimer). I use an Apple iOS and it works just fine, have heard that other operating systems do not work. Know this doesn't help, hope it provides a touch of insight... GO APPLE!

Yeah, cheers mate
2017-12-12
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cheers back atcha!
2017-12-12
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'd argue that DJIs intensity to get it resolved is less important now, as they know that some submissive, appeasing folks, who are happy with poor customer service, poor apps and poor hardware, have their back.

I'll bet that the Spark, in its current form, will be off the market soon. It's eating into the Mavic market share and they can't let that happen.
Cue either a £1000 'Spark Pro' coming soon (i.e. with OTG/Occusync/more video options and biiiig money, so not hitting revenues) or a 'Spark-lite', which won't be available with an RC and pretty much be a selfie drone.

(I'd buy a Spark 'pro' with those specs btw....     ...in FCC mode, with OTG you can get nearly get it for £500 in the UK, that's why they're fiddling about now with the App)

DJi have screwed up their lower-end product line strategy and need to get back on track...
2017-12-13
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-12 06:19
Again more evidence that dji engineers are working on getting otg working.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=123446&pid=1074434&fromuid=260008

nahhh, just same old 'working on it' rubbish..

It wouldn't take 5/6 weeks to fix it, no one thinks for minute that it would/could take that long.
2017-12-13
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

Laszl0 Posted at 2017-12-11 11:24
Hello.
Can you possibly tell me, where did you get working 4.1.15 version of DJI GO 4?

So sorry to take so long to reply, didn't see the question till just now. I picked up the version at apkmirror.com.
2017-12-23
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-13 05:19
I'd argue that DJIs intensity to get it resolved is less important now, as they know that some submissive, appeasing folks, who are happy with poor customer service, poor apps and poor hardware, have their back.

It's more likely, that they're trying to figure out a way to get otg working with crystal sky but not with the iOS or Google play app. - currently promised to have future otg support for crystal sky

The otg functionality issues started when crystal sky came out by coincidence. DJI wanting to boost crystal sky sales not wanting people to use old tablets etc..
2017-12-23
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

This speculation is no different than anyone else's that it is a bug etc.. without any official answer from DJI other than the fluff as you say.

Especially in light of now the Apple version of Dji software 4.1.20 is having otg issues. Otg functionality is actually getting worse.
2017-12-23
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-23 23:18
This speculation is no different than anyone else's that it is a bug etc.. without any official answer from DJI other than the fluff as you say.

Especially in light of now the Apple version of Dji software 4.1.20 is having otg issues. Otg functionality is actually getting worse.

I agree with you...I just wish that DJI would make a clear comment, one way or the other

What is clear is that 4.1.18 and the latest firmware steps has some pretty underhand moves by DJI.  A friend of mine has a Spark and is quite 'experimental'.  He has an FCC hack, which also allows use of the latest App... well at least until now!
Despite him switching off the auto-update on Google play store, during the firmware update, something happended which installed 4.1.18.    He is certain he didn't do it, but can't cinfirm if it was forced.
4.1.18 also switched it back from FCC mode and now doesn't give the warning message when doing so.

This is not coincidental and is not in the release notes either.

I honestly don't mind if that's the way DJI want to go, but at least tell us and we can make a decision on what we want to do then.
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-23 23:14
It's more likely, that they're trying to figure out a way to get otg working with crystal sky but not with the iOS or Google play app. - currently promised to have future otg support for crystal sky

The otg functionality issues started when crystal sky came out by coincidence. DJI wanting to boost crystal sky sales not wanting people to use old tablets etc..

So Mavic is having trouble, too, then? Or .....?
2017-12-24
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-24 05:31

No this is a spark forum, mavic has its own forum
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-24 05:38
No this is a spark forum, mavic has its own forum

What do you think, is the concept of irony better known in the mavic forums then?
2017-12-24
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-24 05:31

Your not very good at irony, your question about mavic is better suited for mavic forum
2017-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI never supported OTG cable for the spark.
2017-12-24
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-24 10:22
DJI never supported OTG cable for the spark.

No one asked that question but thanks for answering

, dji go app OTG was functional up until android 4.1.15 and iOS 4.1.20 - that is the point that users are having, especially eu users as stated in many other threads
2017-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-24 11:54
No one asked that question but thanks for answering

, dji go app OTG was functional up until android 4.1.15 and iOS 4.1.20 - that is the point that users are having, especially eu users as stated in many other threads

Was functional, but never supported that means if it does not work no one should be complaining!
2017-12-24
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-24 12:56
Was functional, but never supported that means if it does not work no one should be complaining!

That’s good that you are self entitled and get to determine what people should and shouldn’t post about

- people are concerned about a functionality that existed since the products inception up until the latest version of the app - it’s  not surprising they are going to post about it -

in polls on this very forum it’s the number one requested feature users want.

Dji could easily handle this and prevent multiple posts and threads by just making a sticky post regarding future otg support or not  - plenty of sticky posts about other items
2017-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-24 13:24
That’s good that you are self entitled and get to determine what people should and shouldn’t post about

- people are concerned about a functionality that existed since the products inception up until the latest version of the app - it’s  not surprising they are going to post about it -

Just because it worked does not mean it is fully functional.   Give it a rest and throw your OTG cable away.   
2017-12-25
Use props
fans42b24f1b
lvl.1
Philippines

Sliderul Posted at 2017-12-5 18:24
I found version 15 of DJI GO 4 and it completely resolved my issue with the OTG cable. I should have looked further into the forum before posting because it's obvious this issue has been well documented and there's hope that DJI will eventually support OTG connection.

@Sliderul can you post link how to rollback to version 15 of DJI GO 4?
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules