vibration on ground after service
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi. After a small crash i had a month ago i sent my P3P over to service.

Minor crash, had to replace 4 motors just in case (one was hit only - no blades broken) and the shel (shell was not new as they told me but it was almost unused).

After i got it back i noticed vibration when it was on ground before take off. After taking off , in the air, everything is fine.

I was worried so i sent it over again for check and maybe replace motors again if that was the reason for vibrating. Indeed 4 motors replaced, i got it back but i still have the vibration.
I have this on video.

I noticed that 2 seconds after powering up, it gives a little rpm more and there the vibration comes in...

I was told by the service that my radio maybe has issues, it may sometimes give a 0,00001 percent more throttle or something like that, and i may inthe future have an issue with my radio... Strange though, i havent heard it anywhere else.
I am on 1.10 firmware on bird  and 1.6 on radio because that was working perfect for me.

Any ideas are welcome. could be bad motors, could be the shel, is there a chance soldering (wires soldered on board) is not good?

Roi

p3p soldering

p3p soldering
2017-12-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

And this stops when it's in the air?
2017-12-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi.
Yes!!! either stops when rpm increases, or there is still some vibration, but nothing that i havent seen before.
I have always been seeing some vibration on the body and camera (before crash), no problem. Flying and video was fine.

Roi
2017-12-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

It almost looks like one or more motors are spinning at lower rpms than the others,  then I guess they are syncing when sped up.  Just a guess.
2017-12-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

I would send it back again.
2017-12-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Could it be a prop imbalance?
2017-12-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Try running motors without the props
2017-12-5
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi,
i have tried 3 sets of props, doing the same. Also without motors, there is no vibration...
2017-12-6
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Hi again.

I just opened and checked the solderings on the new motors. Is it my idea that themotors may not be new??? There is the DJI white glue on the cables that menas they were unsoldered from another bird. If they were new the cables would not have anything stuck on them......

Roi
2017-12-6
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

phantom_film,run motors with no props and check each motor shaft for runout or wobble.the vibration would be less with no props.it seems i saw a runout on one of the motors in your video.this can determine if a motor shaft is bent.   good luck.
2017-12-6
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Thanks repairman, i will first speak with the service.
I see the motors that should be brand new, are used ...

2017-12-6
Use props
MOSES B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5922349 ft
Greece

The solderings in the cables of the motor , are very bad .
I suggest to resolder all of 4 motors .
2017-12-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Yes, Moses i agree.

I am getting 4 new motors and resolder them with a friend that has the equipment (soldering station worth 3k$).

Also the photo i upload shows what happened.

Sad about "proffesional service" and the drones they sent out to fly over people's heads.

Roi
2017-12-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Those motors wobble on their mounts.  Something isn't right for sure.  I'm pretty sure you're going to see some wobble with the props off, because the outer diameter of the motor was wobbling in relation to the shell.  Where was it sent for service?
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Roi, so the drone performs properly in the air and the vibration only happens when it is on the ground, right? We don't suggest repairing the drone by yourself, so I will forward your video to our engineers to confirm, will come back to you once I hear from them, could you please kindly wait for the result? Thank you.
2017-12-10
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Thank you. I will.
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules