New mavic platnum can not fly
838 14 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse1905802
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549974 ft
United States

so i bought a new mavic i have had it for a week now none of my phone work with it i can not do anything with it so upset spent all that money and i can not fly so sad anyway i bought a new ipad2 and that did not help found out not compatable sent it back now back to my phone again which is just a alcatel pay as you go it connect s and then i go up alittle ways and it disconects and i can not get it out of begniers mode and or change any settings  or do anything im thinking about geting the ipad mini 4 i wanting to know if that will work with the mavic platnum i can not even calibrate the compass someone please help me find a good deal on a ipad mini 4 i would be so happy im considering returning it if i can not even fly or do anything i have contacted dji and they just tell me to get the latest apple device no help thanks egghead

2017-12-5
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The ipad mini 4 does work with the Mavic, but as the DJI Go 4 application gets bigger and more complicated some user have been reporting problems with CPU overload etc.

In using the mini 4  with my Mavic and Spark , I haven't experienced any issues at all. Just makes sure the IOS is 11.2 and the DJI Go4 app is the latest version 4.1.18

Compass calibration is best done outside away from any buildings, from the DJI Go4 app, hold the AC horizontal and do a 360 degree turn anti-clockwise, when the app tells you to change orientation of the A/C ,point it to the ground and do the same  anti-clockwise 360 degree turn. This should complete the calibration
2017-12-5
Use props
ZzZoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

I agree with Lannes, by the way, the txt completes without a comma,
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, for the connecting issue, may I know the name and model of your phone? Please try to reinstall the app and try again if the phone is disconnected to the RC, if it is during the flight, you can try to shut down the app and restart it. But if it is the drone disconnected to the RC during flight, you might need to adjust the antennas and try to fly in another place.
Besides, for the beginner mode, you can disable it on the Main Controller Settings, if you can't exit it, may I know if there is an error message when you attempt to disable it?
And for the supported device, iPad mini2 and iPad Air 2 are both on the support list, you can refer to the support list. The device on the support list should work with DJI GO/DJI GO 4. Latest there has a problem with the iOS devices, but it should work when update the operating system of the device itself.
For the calibration, please help to confirm if it is the calibration failed or can not initiate the calibration.
Last, may I know the email address that you used for contacting our support, will help to check more details on the chat and improve our service. devide support list.png

2017-12-6
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Try to upgrade to ISO 11.2    I experienced the similar situation during the last flight session using iPad PRO. The problem was solved after updating the IOS.
2017-12-6
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

And you CAN fly it with the RC only and no phone or table.
2017-12-6
Use props
fanse1905802
lvl.1
United States

yes i can fly it without but no video and it wants to land so i did purchase the iPad mini 4 I hope this solves my problems because i so want to fly thanks everyone for your help ill let you know when I do my first flight successful with the new iPad mini 4 peace
2017-12-6
Use props
fanse1905802
lvl.1
United States

if you buy a new iPad mini 4 should it come with the latest software my last tablet did not want to upgraded at all it said it had the lastest upgrade installed and it was only ios 8
2017-12-6
Use props
fanse1905802
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-5 18:52
The ipad mini 4 does work with the Mavic, but as the DJI Go 4 application gets bigger and more complicated some user have been reporting problems with CPU overload etc.

In using the mini 4  with my Mavic and Spark , I haven't experienced any issues at all. Just makes sure the IOS is 11.2 and the DJI Go4 app is the latest version 4.1.18

it will not let me calibrate the compass at all shows like it is not connected even though it says it is thanks
2017-12-6
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

This would be much easier to read and understand if you used punctuation.
2017-12-6
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

fanse1905802 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:50
it will not let me calibrate the compass at all shows like it is not connected even though it says it is thanks

Use the original charging/data cable you got with the iPad and remove the DJI cable from the side port pf the RC. Many complain about the bad DJI cables.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fanse1905802 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:45
yes i can fly it without but no video and it wants to land so i did purchase the iPad mini 4 I hope this solves my problems because i so want to fly thanks everyone for your help ill let you know when I do my first flight successful with the new iPad mini 4 peace

Hi sir, got your PM, and iPad mini 4 is on the support list, it will work with DJI GO 4, no worries.
2017-12-7
Use props
eggheadforyou
lvl.1
United States

it is here I'm so happy ill do the first flight tomorrow after I pick the iPad mini 4 up at the PO box thanks, everyone wish me luck
2017-12-9
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

eggheadforyou Posted at 2017-12-9 00:11
it is here I'm so happy ill do the first flight tomorrow after I pick the iPad mini 4 up at the PO box thanks, everyone wish me luck

Good luck!! Hope it goes well!
2017-12-9
Use props
eggheadforyou
lvl.1
United States

wow the ipad mini 4 is the awesomest every thing is so cristle clear i can not belive how nice the photo and videos look thanks guys for all your help just needed the right tool peace egghead
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules