8336 78 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-8 06:47
I’m using CS but getting warning also, it does go away but can return regularly I have tried with iPad and I don’t see the warning so am a bit confused is it aircraft problem or CS problem or in your case monitor or aircraft, I think it needs to be corrected in new firmware. It’s very disconcerting.

I agree it is disconcerting as I am not sure what is causing it. A lot of the time when I am flying, I am watching the drone and don't realise just how many warnings there actually are until I upload my flights to Airdata where the  majority of the flight is just full of the warnings.
2017-12-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

KerryG Posted at 2017-12-8 08:39
Have you actually tried 5.8? I have done 3 mile flights on 5.8 with no issues when I was getting interference issues on 2.4.

I have used 5.8ghz some time ago but haven't tried it recently because it shows no bars after about 100 mts. I will try it again to see if it has the warnings as well.
2017-12-8
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-8 15:17
Looks like the increased radio interference warnings are part of the V4.1.18 build of DJI Go 4 (maybe even prior to that ? ).

I have gone through my records from Air Data and prior to 4.1.18 I can't find this warning even once.
So for me it only started after this update. I'm running an iPad Air 2 and have tried airplane mode with no
change. 4.1.18 seems to be the real issue here.
2017-12-8
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-7 17:45
Yes I do, but 5.8ghz doesn't have the range of 2.4ghz and I am flying out in the country, no houses, no towers etc so the 2.4 band should be relatively clear.

True, the lower the frequency the greater the range. I get the notice once in a while and switch up to 5.8 and the warning will go away. Not a big deal as I keep mine within sight.
2017-12-9
Use props
gtheller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77362 ft
United States

Thanks! What a great forum. I learn something from here everyday!!!!
2017-12-9
Use props
fansf249dfa6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243688 ft
Italy

Solved "strong wireless interference"

Hi guys. I solved my very tedious problem with "strong wireless interference". Actually I had this problem, but I think is the same for all the others guys, with my Inspire 1.

First of all I think the problem is not the RC firmware or Drone firmware. Is the DJI Go app. I rolled back to a previous version my DJI GO app on my iPad Mini2 and the problem is gone. With the last software update DJI done some mistakes because is unbelievable that everything was fine months ago. I tried to downgrade RC firmware but nothing. Tried to other devices but the problem still there. Finally I was able to install previous version of DJI Go app and yes everything now is perfect. No more strong interference and the video is very fluid.
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483629 ft
  • >>>
Poland

fansf249dfa6 Posted at 2018-2-10 04:14

Hi guys. I solved my very tedious problem with "strong wireless interference". Actually I had this problem, but I think is the same for all the others guys, with my Inspire 1.

hello how to install an older version of the iOS application?
2018-2-10
Use props
SoarCJD
lvl.1

United States

fansf249dfa6 Posted at 2018-2-10 04:14

Can you please inform us how to go back to the previous version of the DJI Go app please? I didn't think that was possible.
2018-2-10
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

2018-2-12
Use props
Jim Redman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53688 ft
United States

I always have the same issue.  I can be in the middle of nowhere, no homes.  My phone is on Airplane mode and I cannot use 2.4.  I always have to fly in 5.8.
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483629 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Jim Redman Posted at 2018-2-12 12:48
I always have the same issue.  I can be in the middle of nowhere, no homes.  My phone is on Airplane mode and I cannot use 2.4.  I always have to fly in 5.8.

Po wczorajszej aktualizacji na ios 4.2.6 jakby się polepszyła ttansmisja
2018-2-12
Use props
Jim Redman
lvl.2
United States

I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, took it outside just to test the signal.  Had Strong WiFi interference and then turned off the WiFi in the controller and those warnings do go away.  Is it just that simple?  Kind of excited that can be it.  But 5.8 worked really well for me as well.  Farthest I have actually gone was 3500 feet.  Always seems to be windy here, so do not go too far.
2018-2-12
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Bulgaria

2018-2-13
Use props
fans92f6af90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1018448 ft
Denmark

It would  be helpful to see DJI comment on these observations. Such notifications in the app makes the pilot feel that his mission is at risk, which actually may not be the case.
Another  observation from this thread is that the messages or notifications are seen no matter whether you are flying P3S or other P4P
2018-2-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

I always have the same issue.  I can be in the middle of nowhere, no homes.  My phone is on Airplane mode and I cannot use 2.4.  I always have to fly in 5.8.

I have to agree with you as I had the same issues. On my original P4Pro the 5.8ghz didn't work at all and I did not realise it had issues until the phantom was replaced because of a camera issue. The replacement worked fine for a while on 2.4 but then I had issues so switched to 5.8ghz and no problems since.
2018-2-13
Use props
Jim Redman
lvl.2
United States

Jim Redman Posted at 2018-2-12 15:55
I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, took it outside just to test the signal.  Had Strong WiFi interference and then turned off the WiFi in the controller and those warnings do go away.  Is it just that simple?  Kind of excited that can be it.  But 5.8 worked really well for me as well.  Farthest I have actually gone was 3500 feet.  Always seems to be windy here, so do not go too far.

Just a follow up, I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.  I turned off the WiFi in the controller and flew 2.4 this time with not one issue or warning.  So happy now.  I downloaded a 3rd party app to record the controller and completely forgot to use it.  Tomorrow hopefully.
2018-2-17
Use props
djiuser_Cyclone2390
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84065 ft
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-6 20:50
All the high tech talk aside, I've been getting these errors/warnings since day one with my P4P (Sep this year) and it does not matter where I fly.  All with earlier versions of the GO4 app up till now, it has gotten to the point that I'm ignoring them although they concern me still.  I've had my devices turned off, airplane, etc. nothing seems to stop them.  If there is a reason I'd like to know but it is going to take more than guessing from what I see about this issue.  I find it interesting that the Mavic is OK but the Phantom is not...there is likely a good technical clue there but none of the advice so far has had the desired effect.  While I don't know for sure, I am chalking it up to the app or an overly sensitive frequency monitor, but as I said it bothers me when I see these.

DJI have no clue as to how to correct these issues.  They create them to keep us distracted.  I get these warnings from day one, and now, with the latest update, I am unable to fly on my farm which is nowhere near anything.  DJI need to address these issues before a lawsuit is initiated.
2018-2-18
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

You have a incompatible RC firmware version installed !
I believe that you update AC firmware, but don't update RC firmware...
That problem is easy to solve :-)
2018-2-19
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Bulgaria

RSS Posted at 2018-2-19 13:27
You have a incompatible RC firmware version installed !
I believe that you update AC firmware, but don't update RC firmware...
That problem is easy to solve :-)

No! I update first RC! AC is with .602
2018-3-9
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

nJo-nJo Posted at 2018-3-9 05:44
No! I update first RC! AC is with .602

Restore factory defaults first
Update your RC with SDcard to version 1.2.0.0 or 12.2.0
2018-3-9
Use props
Jim Redman7
lvl.2

United States

I solved mine.  Your controller is picking up wifi signals.  Turn off wifi in your controller and you will never receive those warnings again.  I can now fly at 2.4g with no issues.
2018-3-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Jim Redman7 Posted at 2018-3-9 15:42
I solved mine.  Your controller is picking up wifi signals.  Turn off wifi in your controller and you will never receive those warnings again.  I can now fly at 2.4g with no issues.

I don't really understand what you are saying. It is not possible to turn off wifi on the standard P4Pro RC. Are you referring to the P4Pro+ RC with the screen or are you referring to the phone/tablet?
2018-3-9
Use props
Jim Redman7
lvl.2

United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-3-9 17:49
I don't really understand what you are saying. It is not possible to turn off wifi on the standard P4Pro RC. Are you referring to the P4Pro+ RC with the screen or are you referring to the phone/tablet?

Yes, the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.  Turn off wifi and no more wifi interference.  I am sure you can do the same thing with a tablet.
2018-3-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Jim Redman7 Posted at 2018-3-10 17:21
Yes, the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.  Turn off wifi and no more wifi interference.  I am sure you can do the same thing with a tablet.

OK I can understand that because the 2.4 ghz band is so widely used, it probably is prone to interference.  I often fly on a farm well away from town and houses but had constant problems with 2.4 which I could not understand. Turns out the farm has installed pumps, waterers, hands free tractors and other automation all on the 2.4 band.  I stay on 5.8ghz and don't have any issue at all now.
2018-3-10
Use props
fans3274cb60
New

United States

64 posts and no comment from dji
2018-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans3274cb60 Posted at 11-4 14:48

Nothing unusual about that. DJI do not have technical people manning this forum.
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mods may not be, but some of the Admin are quite well DJI educated...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fans3274cb60 Posted at 11-4 14:48

They may read them, but not always make comment.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This is why you'll never want to upgrade even if there is extra features. When it's working leave it alone! LOL

Mike
2021-3-1
Use props
RBP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127054 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-7 01:15
As the telecom wireless network(4G network) use 2.4 GHz wireless frequency for coverage and transmission, the wireless signal interference to the drone on 2.4 GHz can be quite severe in some certain area  where some base stations or transmission equipment nearby. This kind of warning message pops out just to remind the pilot for flight safety, instead of product defect. No worries.

You say no worries, I do construction documentation with an Inspire 2. They all seem to have powerful routers all working on 2.4 and they wreak havoc with my mini 4 tablet, I have also tried my Galaxy tablet and it is worse.
I'm just wondering what rocket scientist put drones on the same frequencies as cell phones and wireless networks. I need to put the channel on auto and then the it constantly is searching for a clear connection increasing the video response delay. Try shooting panos when that is going on. When I do mapping I constantly lose the video feed, fortunately it doesn't affect Drone Deploys mapping photographs.
I would love to find a fix for this but as long as we are forced to share that bandwidth I think we are going to have problems.   
2021-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RBP Posted at 9-9 14:44
You say no worries, I do construction documentation with an Inspire 2. They all seem to have powerful routers all working on 2.4 and they wreak havoc with my mini 4 tablet, I have also tried my Galaxy tablet and it is worse.
I'm just wondering what rocket scientist put drones on the same frequencies as cell phones and wireless networks. I need to put the channel on auto and then the it constantly is searching for a clear connection increasing the video response delay. Try shooting panos when that is going on. When I do mapping I constantly lose the video feed, fortunately it doesn't affect Drone Deploys mapping photographs.
I would love to find a fix for this but as long as we are forced to share that bandwidth I think we are going to have problems.

We share a common section of the radio band with countless other non-critical transmitting devices, and it is the same all over the world. Nothing is going to change that, you have to learn to live with it.
2021-9-9
Use props
RBP
lvl.2
United States

I'm flying the Inspire 2. My primary use is construction documentation and most job site have powerful routers that drives my video link crazy at times. To the point I lose my video feed completely.
I use Drone Deploy for mapping and Litchi for waypoint flights. I have found that as long as I turn WiFi off and do not use Custom communications setting I seem to have fewer problems.
I use the mini 4 tablet and it isn't used for anything else. Also I turn my cell phone off while flying, not sure if that makes any difference or not.
What amazes me is with Drone Deploy if I lose the video feet it is still linked to the transmitter and continues to fly the mission, same with Litchi and waypoint flights.
I have found that using Litchi I have fewer interference issues than I do with DJI app.
What amazes me is why the FCC would put our drones on the same frequency as cell towers and routers.
2021-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RBP Posted at 11-4 08:26
I'm flying the Inspire 2. My primary use is construction documentation and most job site have powerful routers that drives my video link crazy at times. To the point I lose my video feed completely.
I use Drone Deploy for mapping and Litchi for waypoint flights. I have found that as long as I turn WiFi off and do not use Custom communications setting I seem to have fewer problems.
I use the mini 4 tablet and it isn't used for anything else. Also I turn my cell phone off while flying, not sure if that makes any difference or not.

It has nothing to do with the FCC 'putting' anyone on a specific frequency. The band is a general catch-all for all non-essential radio communications world-wide.
2021-11-4
Use props
RBP
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-4 12:39
It has nothing to do with the FCC 'putting' anyone on a specific frequency. The band is a general catch-all for all non-essential radio communications world-wide.

I must disagree, it does have a lot to do with the FCC because there are many frequencies that could be dedicated to drone operations other than 2.4 and 5.8.  I have some experience with ECM gear so I do know a little about what is available but we are not allowed to use. What the rest of the world does isn't my concern, it is what we have here in the US.
2021-11-23
Use props
RBP
lvl.2
United States

It has nothing to do with the FCC 'putting' anyone on a specific frequency. The band is a general catch-all for all non-essential radio communications world-wide.

This is an example of what I'm constantly dealing with.

A        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors Started
B        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Assisted Takeoff
C        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Warning        Warning:Battery Temperature Below 15°C (59F). Warm battery to above 25°C (77F) before flying.
D        00m 02s        0.0 ft        1 ft        Mode        Mode changed to P-GPS
E        00m 02s        2.6 ft        1 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetySetting new Return-To-Home altitude to 60m (197 ft). This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyData Recorder File Index is 311. This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetySetting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 120m (394 ft)
F        00m 03s        3.3 ft        2 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyHome Point Recorded. RTH Altitude: 60m
G        00m 07s        70.9 ft        3 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyLanding gear lowered.Obstacle Avoidance Disabled.
        01m 56s        259.2 ft        337 ft       

90% Battery
        02m 27s        258.9 ft        338 ft       

89% Battery at maximum distance
        04m 31s        259.2 ft        161 ft       

80% Battery
H        05m 57s        258.2 ft        160 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
I        06m 06s        258.5 ft        160 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
J        06m 45s        258.2 ft        147 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
        06m 57s        258.2 ft        145 ft       

70% Battery
K        07m 23s        258.2 ft        146 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution. (repeated 2 times)
L        08m 38s        257.5 ft        145 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
M        08m 56s        257.9 ft        144 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
        09m 27s        257.9 ft        145 ft       

60% Battery
N        09m 31s        257.9 ft        145 ft        Data Loss        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantDownlink data connection lost for 2.2 seconds
O        09m 33s        257.9 ft        145 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution. (repeated 2 times)
P        09m 38s        257.9 ft        146 ft        Data Loss        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantDownlink data connection lost for 1 seconds
Q        09m 41s        257.2 ft        146 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
R        09m 48s        258.2 ft        146 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
S        09m 57s        257.9 ft        146 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
T        10m 03s        257.9 ft        146 ft        Data Loss        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantDownlink data connection lost for 1 seconds
U        10m 08s        257.9 ft        146 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution. (repeated 2 times)
V        10m 13s        257.5 ft        145 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
W        10m 24s        258.2 ft        146 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
X        11m 24s        246.4 ft        100 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
Y        11m 31s        246.7 ft        99 ft        Low Risk        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantStrong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
Z        11m 32s        243.1 ft        99 ft        Data Loss        Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantDownlink data connection lost for 1.2 seconds
        11m 59s        108.6 ft        99 ft       

50% Battery
a        12m 39s        10.8 ft        7 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyLanding gear lowered.Obstacle Avoidance Disabled.
2021-11-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RBP Posted at 11-23 22:16
I must disagree, it does have a lot to do with the FCC because there are many frequencies that could be dedicated to drone operations other than 2.4 and 5.8.  I have some experience with ECM gear so I do know a little about what is available but we are not allowed to use. What the rest of the world does isn't my concern, it is what we have here in the US.

"What the rest of the world does isn't my concern, it is what we have here in the US"

Ah, the screw you Jack, I'm all right approach. Fortunately, DJI makes their aircraft for all countries in the world, not just America.
2021-11-24
Use props
RBP
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-24 11:55
"What the rest of the world does isn't my concern, it is what we have here in the US"

Ah, the screw you Jack, I'm all right approach. Fortunately, DJI makes their aircraft for all countries in the world, not just America.

Yes, a communist country telling us what we can and can't do.
My point is it would be easy for the FCC to give the  US drone operators frequencies with little of no interference. Once given the frequencies it would be easy to convert the drone and transmitter over to the new frequencies, oh, and eliminate geo fence while we're at it.
My point about not caring what the rest of the world is doing was only in reference to drone operations. So do you have any constructive comments?
2021-11-27
Use props
RBP
lvl.2
United States

You call cell phones and routers non essential communications.  
2021-11-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RBP Posted at 11-27 19:58
You call cell phones and routers non essential communications.

For a start, cell phones are not on the same frequency band as the aircraft, and WiFi routers are not considered essential communications, but don't let your ignorance stand in the way of a good rant....
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules