Shure MV88
4994 6 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Davey
New

United Kingdom

Do any of DJi's gimbals permit the use of a lighting adaptor connected, Shure MV88, microphone?

I have an iPhone X with this great external microphone and want to buy one of these products but not sure I will be able to use this mic.

Thanks in advance

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, James, thanks for the interest to DJI products.
For Osmo Mobile, please note gimbal balancing is very important, if you mount iPhone X, there will be no room to attach external microphone.
For other models, like Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Pro/RAW, the audio is recorded by internal audio board, you can also attach external mic, but we recommend to use the mic in our compatible list for better experience:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
2017-12-7
Use props
AJA222
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 03:15
For Osmo Mobile, please note gimbal balancing is very important, if you mount iPhone X, there will be no room to attach external microphone.
For other models, like Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Pro/RAW, the audio is recorded by internal audio board, you can also attach external mic, but we recommend to use the mic in our compatible list for better experience:

Is there enough room for a Shure MV88 if used with an iPhone 7? I've seen a Rode Video Micro being used with an Osmo mobile & an iPhone 7 but you then need an adapter and a cable. I have a counterweight.
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AJA222 Posted at 2017-12-9 03:29
Is there enough room for a Shure MV88 if used with an iPhone 7? I've seen a Rode Video Micro being used with an Osmo mobile & an iPhone 7 but you then need an adapter and a cable. I have a counterweight.

Sorry Sir, we have no official suggestion about how to mount the external mic to Osmo Mobile, maybe other users could give you some advice.
2017-12-10
Use props
Drone Mood
lvl.2

Hi James ! Did you find a solution ?
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_2ikM3EiucPkQ
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 03:15

I have a 13 pro max with a mv88 mic will the new om5 accommodate that?
Niki
2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2ikM3EiucPkQ Posted at 3-14 13:39
I have a 13 pro max with a mv88 mic will the new om5 accommodate that?
Niki

Hi there, iPhone 13 Pro Max is compatible with DJI OM 5. The external microphone cannot connect to the DJI OM 5 directly. But there is no limitation of the software or hardware in the OM 5. So this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile phone and the microphone. For more details, please refer to: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... tibility%20List.pdf
2022-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules