Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black box on Mavic?
4718 9 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Just out of curiousity, does DJI install any Blackbox / Flight Recorder in the products, namely Mavic or Spark in particular since I own both. The reason I ask is, the Flightlog or Flight Record is good, but what if the aircraft is completely unbootable so it won't connect to to DJI Assistant, hence data can't be read. The flight history would not tell anyone how the aircraft crashed or so.

Thanks.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jcgoobee, the flight record is recorded in the APP and the flight data is recorded in the drone. If the drone is unbootable, you can send it in, our engineers will check if they can export the data. Besides, you can sync the flight records via the APP, then provide your DJI account email and the date the accident occurred to the Support, then our engineers will be able to look into your flight records.
2017-12-7
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-7 00:28
Hi Jcgoobee, the flight record is recorded in the APP and the flight data is recorded in the drone. If the drone is unbootable, you can send it in, our engineers will check if they can export the data. Besides, you can sync the flight records via the APP, then provide your DJI account email and the date the accident occurred to the Support, then our engineers will be able to look into your flight records.

Excellent. Thanks for explaining so well, Diana. Much appreciate it.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jcgoobee Posted at 2017-12-7 11:27
Excellent. Thanks for explaining so well, Diana. Much appreciate it.

You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we are always here to help. Hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-12-7
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-7 20:12
All DJI birds from the Phantom 3 up have an onboard data recorder logging whenever the bird is powered on.  You access these records via the DJI Assistant software.  Additionally if you are connected via the DJI Go App your logs are stored on the flight device.  Note this only applies when the RC is connected to the drone & a device is attached.  On-device data is not recorded when the connection to the aircraft is lost.

Thanks. It's amazing that a DJI drone can do so much in such at small body. Really impressive.
2017-12-7
Use props
djiuser_VThbKRLv4Hdb
lvl.1

United States

my drone will come on and take pictures and video but my motors wont turn on after I changed the battery and was flying fine just before battery change  what could cause this and how do i fix or how to get it fixed?
2021-9-27
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

djiuser_VThbKRLv4Hdb Posted at 9-27 18:12
my drone will come on and take pictures and video but my motors wont turn on after I changed the battery and was flying fine just before battery change  what could cause this and how do i fix or how to get it fixed?

you should ask this question in your own thread... not someone elses
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_VThbKRLv4Hdb
lvl.1

United States

The so called Black box is just a Sim Card inside that you can just slide wright in and  out .DJI put them in the Mavic from 2016 till 2018 and quite in 2018 The sim card was just a 8 gig
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_VThbKRLv4Hdb
lvl.1

United States

KryosChaos Posted at 9-29 13:57
you should ask this question in your own thread... not someone elses

That  I be leave I did !!! I did not ask in the reply sec to his ? or anyone else's so I don't see what your problem is SR.
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_VThbKRLv4Hdb
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_VThbKRLv4Hdb Posted at 9-27 18:12
my drone will come on and take pictures and video but my motors wont turn on after I changed the battery and was flying fine just before battery change  what could cause this and how do i fix or how to get it fixed?

By the way I fixed the problem by deleting the go 4 app then reinstaling it and all was good Drone started right up . Just incase anyone else run into this like I did ..Hope this help's someone
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules