2998 28 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

NOTICE TO PHANTOM PILOTS

There seems to be an issue with firmware version 1.9.60 which causes controllers to lose RC connections and/or other connectivity issues. This is a developing issue which we are in contact with DJI about. We will update you when we have more information. At this time we are recommending that customers with the Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced/SE and Phantom 4 NOT perform any updates unless absolutely necessary until this matter is better understood and addressed. The issue does seem to be limited to those models at this time, but if you have had a similar issue with another model or information to share please visit our forum at:

cloudcitydrones.com/forum/service-chat/dji-new-firmware-issue-version-1-9-60

2017-12-6
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing
2017-12-6
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

Thanks for that. There's a lot of noise re: updates. Nice to hear some credible, clear information rather that panic and outrage.
2017-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

It really isn't something that the experienced folks didn't already know.
2017-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm just a bit confused as to what firmware this is referring ?

The P3 Pro and Advanced are currently at V1.11.20, the P4 02.00.0106 (official release) and the RC V1.9.3 (the only common factor between the P3 series and the initial P4).

So is this a new RC upgrade from V1.9.3 to V1.9.6 ?
2017-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

It did not elaborate.  Confusing isn't it?   
2017-12-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Seems to be the RC fw.

...Because the controller can not be rolled back we do not recommend updating at this time.    ...

https://www.cloudcitydrones.com/ ... ssue-version-1-9-60

2017-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Maybe they know something we're not aware of.
2017-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love to stay firmware current...

It's my sworn duty, to uphold the new updates...

I refuse to be mentally tortured, by these verbal intrusions... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-12-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-6 09:44
I'm just a bit confused as to what firmware this is referring ?

The P3 Pro and Advanced are currently at V1.11.20, the P4 02.00.0106 (official release) and the RC V1.9.3 (the only common factor between the P3 series and the initial P4).

I guess so.  I updated my P3P RC on 11/27/17 (i.e. last week) and then checked the version on the Go app and wrote it down on a piece of paper.  It is RC 1.9.2.  So apparently the available RC fw went to 1.9.3 and now 1.9.6 is floating around out there  - ready to cause havoc...
2017-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Last release notes for P4:      2017.09.12
Overview • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0 • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.1.10 • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.1.10
2017-12-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Latest firmware in P4 Std. and newly installed iOS 11.2 on iPad Air 2 and nothing but issues today.  Shutter button wouldn't always respond.  Autopilot app loaded the mission and did countdown, and it just sat there and hovered.  Didn't move at all.  Noticed it said "Disconnected from aircraft" in Autopilot too.  Had to unplug and re-plug to get connection established.  I also deleted and reinstalled GO 4.

I don't know if it is related to iOS 11.2 but seems it could be.  Need to find out why Autopilot refused to do a mission too and just sat there and hoved after it counted down to launch.  Something ain't right somewhere.
2017-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My best guess is that they are referring to V1.9.60 released back in June 2016

Which makes the report not very accurate and likely to cause more confusion than already exists regarding updates, I see no sign yet of any GL300 update to the existing V1.9.3.

One of their commentators had read on FB that an electro magnetic pulse had corrupted his RAM (Oooooooerrrr !!!!), no doubt cause by North Korean tests

From the P3 release notes:-

Overview: 1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.9.60.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, thanks for bringing this to our attention. As far as I know, we do not release any new firmware named V1.9.60 for P3/P4 series recently. The latest firmware of all drones has been released for a certain time, we do not release any announcement like this, please kindly note. If you encounter any issue during the update, please feel free to contact us, we'll try our best to help.

2017-12-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fAIR wARNING
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-6 14:42
Latest firmware in P4 Std. and newly installed iOS 11.2 on iPad Air 2 and nothing but issues today.  Shutter button wouldn't always respond.  Autopilot app loaded the mission and did countdown, and it just sat there and hovered.  Didn't move at all.  Noticed it said "Disconnected from aircraft" in Autopilot too.  Had to unplug and re-plug to get connection established.  I also deleted and reinstalled GO 4.

I don't know if it is related to iOS 11.2 but seems it could be.  Need to find out why Autopilot refused to do a mission too and just sat there and hoved after it counted down to launch.  Something ain't right somewhere.

Hello Sir, could you post a screenshot of About page? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify the issue via DJI GO 4? We appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Susan, here are the "About" screen shots of the iPad Air 2 you asked for.

There is something going on where mine will occassionally disconnect if I close GO 4 and open another app or wait some time and the RC will partially disconnect although the green LED is on, but the C1 gimbal down no longer works and the various about screens lose version information as well as the Device name (Phantom 4).  Unplugging and re-plugging the USB seems to correct the issue for a while.  This is also with the GL300C and the HDMI module attached to it.

I have re-linked the aircraft three times with no change.  I also installed a brand new Apple Lightning cable which worked, but it goes back to unplugging and re-plugging the USB to  get the thing to connect properly for a while before it begins to lose some connections like the About Version, gimbal C1 up/down control, and failure to work with sundry apps like Autopilot where I noticed the "Phantom 4" name will disappear in it as well.

Version unknown screen.

Version unknown screen.

Unplugging USB & re-plugging USB shows Version.

Unplugging USB & re-plugging USB shows Version.

Device name disappears and cannot save a name.

Device name disappears and cannot save a name.

Unplug and re-plug and anem comes back.

Unplug and re-plug and anem comes back.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-7 03:02
Hello Sir, could you post a screenshot of About page? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify the issue via DJI GO 4? We appreciate your feedback.

Susan see above for the photos requested.  I forgot to hit Reply.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-7 19:54
Susan see above for the photos requested.  I forgot to hit Reply.

Thanks for getting back to us. It seems that the connection is not well. Just to verify, does the issue remain if change to another recommended mobile device? If yes, please send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 18:37
Thanks for getting back to us. It seems that the connection is not well. Just to verify, does the issue remain if change to another recommended mobile device? If yes, please send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Susan, I have two iPads: Air 2 and new Pro 10.5" A10X and both have iOS 11.2 and GO 4.1.8.

Both need to be unplugged and replugged into the two RC controllers for the two drones at times to get past the Disconnected gray window when starting up.  Once I replug, the camera screen comes on and the Disconnected message goes away and they work for a while.  In time they may lose the drone name and that window goes black, then the EXP setting disappear, and the C1 gimbal up/down stops working.  A quick USB replug and they all begin working again.

With two RC units, and two iPads, the common link is either GO 4.1.8 or iOS 11.2.  I believe it is iOS 11.2 at fault as some in the Apple forums are having issues charging their devices where they too have to unplug and replug to get the charger to charge faster, if at all.  Some are reporting crashes.

Various cables seem to help, but it is an intermittent deal with the Lightning port, imho, and changing them is the same as the unplug/replug which begins working again.

I'd like to do a rollback to iOS 9 or 10 which worked fine back when I bought the iPads, but I haven't cracked that one yet.  Apple store says to wait for 11.2.1 which might be out in a week or two.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-10 18:55
Susan, I have two iPads: Air 2 and new Pro 10.5" A10X and both have iOS 11.2 and GO 4.1.8.

Both need to be unplugged and replugged into the two RC controllers for the two drones at times to get past the Disconnected gray window when starting up.  Once I replug, the camera screen comes on and the Disconnected message goes away and they work for a while.  In time they may lose the drone name and that window goes black, then the EXP setting disappear, and the C1 gimbal up/down stops working.  A quick USB replug and they all begin working again.

Thanks for clarification. I also forwarded to our engineers for further review. We will keep follow up and update the status for you.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

This issue will be fixed in 4.1.20. You can try upgrade the firmware of the RC with an Android app.
2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI iOS Team Posted at 2017-12-21 02:06
This issue will be fixed in 4.1.20. You can try upgrade the firmware of the RC with an Android app.

iOS version of DJI Go 4, V4.1.20 Was released two days ago. I'm surprised that DJI iOS do not seem to be aware of this .
2017-12-21
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-6 12:04
Last release notes for P4:      2017.09.12
Overview • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0 • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.1.10 • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.1.10

In Germany the DJI Go 4 App iOS is v4.1.18 (3018)
2017-12-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Satstream Posted at 2017-12-21 04:49
In Germany the DJI Go 4 App iOS is v4.1.18 (3018)

I had to delete GO 4.1.18 from the iPads and reinstall the new one from the Apple Store.  For whatever reason, I wasn't notified of the update to 4.1.20 but the new install shows 4.1.20 now.
2017-12-21
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-21 06:27
I had to delete GO 4.1.18 from the iPads and reinstall the new one from the Apple Store.  For whatever reason, I wasn't notified of the update to 4.1.20 but the new install shows 4.1.20 now.

You're right, I got the invitation to update to 4.1.20! a few minutes ago.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

It is an new feature for App Store that it will post the update notification just for some users first. If the App have serious bugs, it will just affect some users. After some days all users will get the upgrade notification.
2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI iOS Team Posted at 2017-12-21 22:39
It is an new feature for App Store that it will post the update notification just for some users first. If the App have serious bugs, it will just affect some users. After some days all users will get the upgrade notification.

Thanks for the update, at least it looks like they don't do it in alphabetical order :-)

When I was at school I was always the one to get the warm milk or the cold pudding
2017-12-22
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

well after everything that has gone wrong with the new firmware im not ever updating anything if i dont have to.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules