Camera not straight with horizon?
2423 10 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dc.sickerdick
lvl.2
Australia

hey guys I'm having an issue with the gimbal on the inspire not calibrating correctly. Multiple times now when using the inspire I'm having to correct the horizon footage in post due to the camera levelling out on an angle?? I even tried to correct it with the gimbal roll setting in the app but it doesn't seem to fix it.... Help?
2015-4-14
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Hi, try to level the inspire 100% when you are powering on the aircraft - maybe this helps.
If the inspire is not levelled, the gimbal isn´t either
Cheers, Christian
2015-4-15
Use props
dc.sickerdick
lvl.2
Australia

Yeah inspire couldn't be on a flatter surface when calibrated.... So it's not that...
2015-4-15
Use props
mjgroves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7662687 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you use Adjust Gimbal Roll what effect does it have? My gimbal has a habit of roll-drifting over a few seconds and any adjustment (even in the direction that should make it worse) temporarily fixes it. See for an example. Note how the left vertical guideline is initially lined up with the cabinet, drifts anticlockwise, then returns even though I apply an anticlockwise adjustment.
2015-4-15
Use props
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

When I setup to fly I place my phone across the empty battery slot and use an app called clinometer to check for level on the roll axis. This app will ensure your are level to within 0.1 of a degree. That works pretty well for me.
2015-4-15
Use props
dc.sickerdick
lvl.2
Australia

Yeah issue is that it has happened multiple times on multiple different flat surfaces ie flat road, flat cement path etc... always ends up on the same angle. The gimbal roll adjust only allowed me to adjust it in one direction which almost made things worse... its not a random occurrence. It has happened every time i launch now. I am currently updating to the newest firmware so i will see how that goes.
2015-4-15
Use props
dc.sickerdick
lvl.2
Australia

Took the drone out an hour ago and managed to FINALLY get the camera to be straight to the horizon by using the gimbal adjustment while in the air but then after a quick pan the camera went on an angle again? Do i really have to keep correcting the angle or is something not right here?
2015-4-15
Use props
jsclark89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210719 ft

Canada

dc.sickerdick@g Posted at 2015-4-16 14:01
Took the drone out an hour ago and managed to FINALLY get the camera to be straight to the horizon b ...

Same issue for me.  Also when I turn the aircraft 180 or 360 in the air, the horizon level gets messed up.  I used the gimbal adjust in air but it never seems completely right.
2015-4-16
Use props
iotero
lvl.2

have you tried with the latest firmware?
2015-4-16
Use props
jsclark89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210719 ft

Canada

Just updated firmware last night.  Yet to test it but nothing on the release notes talked about gimbal calibration, just the gimbal twitching that people have experienced.
2015-4-16
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

IMU calibration should do the trick for you. Make sure you place the bird on a level surface and the machine  and battery are not warm.
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules