wifi with huawey mate 9 does not work
1831 14 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uncino78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535 ft
Italy

contrary to the vs / indications the connection between Mate 9 and rc works but as you turn on the spark, this connection does not figure anymore how to solve with the otg cable you could do but with the new updates it becomes impossible and then? why do not you give precise indications on the compatibility of the devices ????

2017-12-6
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

You have a problem with living in the EU and your phone does not support the 5.8Ghz WiFi channels that Spark sends. You can restart the WiFi Spark and force the connection to 2.4Ghz. Reset as follows:  turn on Spark and wait about 1min  press and hold the button on the Spark battery for 10 seconds until you hear 1 beep  then follow the manual to pair the driver and Spark  As you get everything done, you should see the driver in your phone.  Read about the WiFi problem here https://forum.dji.com/thread-121396-1-1.html and here https://forum.dji.com/thread-120954-1-4.html ..
2017-12-6
Use props
uncino78
lvl.2
Italy

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-6 11:50
You have a problem with living in the EU and your phone does not support the 5.8Ghz WiFi channels that Spark sends. You can restart the WiFi Spark and force the connection to 2.4Ghz. Reset as follows:  turn on Spark and wait about 1min  press and hold the button on the Spark battery for 10 seconds until you hear 1 beep  then follow the manual to pair the driver and Spark  As you get everything done, you should see the driver in your phone.  Read about the WiFi problem here https://forum.dji.com/thread-121396-1-1.html and here https://forum.dji.com/thread-120954-1-4.html ..

thanks arcicorsa but with 5.8 the wifi works well, but disappears when I try to switch to 2.4 as the video you mentioned and I would like to be able to use both frequencies according to the case without cable otg
2017-12-7
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

uncino78 Posted at 2017-12-7 04:07
thanks arcicorsa but with 5.8 the wifi works well, but disappears when I try to switch to 2.4 as the video you mentioned and I would like to be able to use both frequencies according to the case without cable otg

Yes, this exactly corresponds to what I said. As soon as you switch of the Spark - controller comunication to 2.4Ghz, the Android - controller comunication is automatically switches to 5.8Ghz and your phone no longer sees the controller Spark. The current situation can only be addressed using OTG.
2017-12-7
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

uncino78 Posted at 2017-12-7 04:07

I will add that the frequency you see in Dji GO4 is the frequency at which communicates the controller - Spark, not controller - phone. Simply put, if you set 2.4Ghz in Dji GO4, the driver communicates with quad to 2.4Ghz and controller - android to 5.8Ghz, if you set in Dji GO4 frequency to 5.8Ghz so quad - driver communicates to 5.8Ghz and controller - android on 2.4 Ghz.
2017-12-7
Use props
uncino78
lvl.2
Italy

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-7 06:16
Yes, this exactly corresponds to what I said. As soon as you switch of the Spark - controller comunication to 2.4Ghz, the Android - controller comunication is automatically switches to 5.8Ghz and your phone no longer sees the controller Spark. The current situation can only be addressed using OTG.

bad situation even with the new updates that aim to eliminate the OTG and push the customers to buy only apple
2017-12-7
Use props
MickD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2566 ft
United Kingdom

Could someone please explain to me why has my android tablet been ok up to now
I have gone back to 14 to see if that corrected it and its still the same no wifi
will this be ok if I buy an apple??

MickD
2017-12-7
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

MickD Posted at 2017-12-7 07:14
I have gone back to 14 to see if that corrected it and its still the same no wifi

Yes with Apple will be all right. However, this decision seems illogical to me. The problem is on the Dji side and they should fix the problem for their devices to function as they say in advertisements and specifications.
2017-12-7
Use props
MickD
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Many thanks for your answer but if it worked before surely it can be made to work again
I had great respect DJI for such a great little drone but I am now begin to wonder if they want us to buy more
I have never used OTG
2017-12-7
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

MickD Posted at 2017-12-7 07:24
Many thanks for your answer but if it worked before surely it can be made to work again
I had great respect DJI for such a great little drone but I am now begin to wonder if they want us to buy more
I have never used OTG

Please, could you install a WiFi Scanner https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=cs to your tablet and check your WiFi 5.8Ghz channels on your device? Please add here a screenshot wifi scanner from your tablet. It will help us to clarify what has happened. The screen should look similar to the attached picture. Thanks
Android Table.jpg
2017-12-7
Use props
MickD
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hope this helps
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MickD Posted at 2017-12-7 07:14

Hi, Mick. What is the model of your device? Did you mean that you can not search the wifi when  you turn to 2.4 G?
2017-12-8
Use props
MickD
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lenovo T3 850
I have the same problem as all above
turn on RC tablet finds wifi and connects turn on spark wifi disconnects on the tablet
So I cannot fly this problem has only just started after update so went back to 14 and its still the same

Having read some of the forum it looks like I am not the only one
What are DJI doing great little machine that now does not work
2017-12-8
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Hello, it's very strange that it worked before. If I look at the specifications (https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab3-series/Tab-3-8/p/ZZITZTATB4F) of your tablet so I see it does not support the 5Ghz WiFi band, only 802.11 b / g / n, which is 2.4Ghz WiFi.

If I look at a screenshot from your device, I can see that it only shows the 2Ghz band. You can still test the switch in an application on the 5Ghz band by clicking on the location marked in the attached picture. Then if your tablet can switch WiFi to 5Ghz and show available channels.
WiFi.png
2017-12-8
Use props
MickD
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Many thanks I find in settings that I have 2.4 all boxes are ticked also below that I have a setting for 5 with loads of boxes that where only a few were  ticked I did tick all but still cannot make it look for it
If I tap the area you say nothing happens it looks like all 5g channels are there o maybe not??

Many thanks
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules