New Firmware 1.2.1.0 released - Share your experiences after installation.
15700 211 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firmware update failed on the first attempt ,formatted card tried again everything okay, have 7 battery to update 4 of them needed to update and 1 has to have a full cycle.
2015-4-15
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

mirco@dzillum.d Posted at 2015-4-15 16:53
Did the update.
The log after rechecking is as follows:

I'm confused.  You indicated that you needed to update both batteries.  Are you saying that I need to do the firmware upgrade on my Inspire 3 times for with each battery installed and then again on each controller?  In the past I only did the firmware upgrade on the Inspire and then for each controller.  Is there an update that has to happen on each of the batteries as well?
2015-4-15
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All updated, no problems just follow included update instructions for I1, RC, and batteries.
Ps,, RTH height defaults back to 20m, if you need higher than you will need to change.
Now out to test,, fingers x'd
Update,
Test flight results all good, no GPS drop outs or gimbal twitch and as solid and stable as a rock,,,,,,,,
So far so good...

Regards
Mike.
2015-4-15
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone actually flown with the new firmware?  East Coast? Europe? Aussies?

Is the GPS problem any better?
2015-4-15
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its good that they are fixing bugs, but lets hope we are now on the road to new functionality in the next release (waypoints, POI etc..).
2015-4-15
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Updated Inspire, 3 Batteries and 2 Controllers.  

I guess I have to re-callibrate IMU and then compass before flying.  Going to try this evening.
2015-4-15
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

My update seemed to take well.
BUT
I'm now getting a message right above the AE lock symbol (upper right hand side of the app) which says:
"SD Card Initializing" (and it has a yellow caution triangle next to this message).

Any help or ideas?

Also - are the IMU setting still supposed to be between 1300 - 1600 on the third line down?

Just tried a an older 16GB SD card above caution message is no longer there - the previous card with the caution message was a brand new 64GB card.

2015-4-15
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

philbard Posted at 2015-4-15 22:52
Has anyone actually flown with the new firmware?  East Coast? Europe? Aussies?

Is the GPS problem a ...

Good question. Seems like people are more interested in telling us that they have updated rather than that they have flown and what they have experienced. Anyone?
2015-4-15
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

I downloaded the new firmware this morning and updated my Inspire 1, both controllers and all six of my batteries. All went well with one interesting irregularity.
When my controllers and the Inspire 1 were updated I shut the Inspire 1 off and updated each battery. In the case of five of the batteries I heard the update tones and saw that the level indicator lights on the batteries blinked until I heard the update complete tones.
In the case of one of the batteries there was no indication that it was updating and the text file that is generated during the updating process stated that the update was aborted because the aircraft firmware was up to date. Checking the serial number it is the newest of my four TB47 batteries (S/N 7421145237147) both of my TB48 batteries updated.
I used that battery for my test flight and all was as it should be. High winds here prevented me from a comprehensive test flight but everything functioned well as far as I could tell.
2015-4-15
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-4-15 23:06
BUT
I'm now getting a message right above the AE lock symbol (upper  ...

Correct me f I'm wrong but I don't believe the new update supports a 64GB SD card.
2015-4-15
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.2

United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-4-15 23:41
Correct me f I'm wrong but I don't believe the new update supports a 64GB SD card.

I am running a 64GB sd card on the new firmware with no issues.
2015-4-15
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United States

I updated the Inspire 1 and three batteries and the first controller with no problems. I deleted the success file from the USB drive and put in the second remote and it gave the blue status light and the four beeps to show it was updating. Sadly this never stopped and after an hour I turned it off. Now it will not try again either via USB or the gimbal. I recall on previous firmware updates this happened to people, can anyone remember a remedy. Many thanks.
2015-4-15
Use props
Arctictern
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Two birds updated + controllers and batteries. Flown both of them and nothing untoward on either flight. Didn't notice any difference really other than the landing gear going up on it's own and the ability in the app to tone down the braking effect which is really useful to smooth it all out a bit. I wasn't getting any GPS drop outs on either on previous update so can't really comment on that.
2015-4-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying the beta version of this firmware for some time now.  It performs well.  I have only experienced the compass data error that causes the Inspire to drop out of GPS once.  I have never experienced the gimbal twitch.  The firmware is very stable in my opinion.  This what users have been looking for and is the most tested firmware in DJI's history.  Now there may still be some issues that even a broad test could not uncover, but they should be minimal.
2015-4-15
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Have installed 1.2.1.0 on the craft - the remote - and two batteries T 47 and T 48.
Firmware uppgrade without any problems.

Got a warning that my battery had to be fully decharged and charged - adviced to do that before next flight.
Got a warning about doing a compass calibration - did - without problems.

Did as usual not calibrate the IMU as it was not needed afther the upgrade.

My Inspire has always been rock solid - and luckily it seems to remind that also afther the uppgrade. My two flights was preformed as it should.
Happy for automatic landing gear raising afther takeoff ( can bee turned off )

Also until now - no problems !!
2015-4-15
Use props
Hambone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where do you get the updated pilot app, ios ?
Thanks
2015-4-15
Use props
jafarsd720
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59777 ft

South Korea

I flew earlier today for a few minutes, and after I returned home and disassembled, I opened my ipad and the pilot app was still running and it told me about the update, I went to dji, downloaded the file, and did upgraded and everything went smoothly, I still didn't fly after the update so I can't elaborate on that, but I played with the pilot app a bit and I noticed that there were two differences, first, a lock on the left side of the screen that opens the camera manual controls, and then there is the option for the file index name which wasn't available before, I had to connect the Inspire with my android phone to change it when I first got my bird,  these are the only differences I saw after upgrading so far.
2015-4-15
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-4-15 23:00
Updated Inspire, 3 Batteries and 2 Controllers.  

I guess I have to re-callibrate IMU and then comp ...
Re-Calibrated IUM and Compass.  Now lets see if I drop out of GPS Mode with Compass Errors at the beginning of my flight.  Hopefully this firmware upgrade addressed those issues.
2015-4-15
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Done: No Problems, now to test fly
2015-4-15
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

rfrye Posted at 2015-4-15 23:06
BUT
I'm now getting a message right above the AE lock symbol (upper  ...

Just format your SD card in the app - think you will be fine
2015-4-15
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Hambone Posted at 2015-4-16 00:20
Thanks

It is no updated Pilot app for iOS as I know
2015-4-15
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dshanesmith Posted at 2015-4-15 23:23
Good question. Seems like people are more interested in telling us that they have updated rather t ...

All updated, no problems just follow included update instructions for I1, RC, and batteries.
Ps,, RTH height defaults back to 20m, if you need higher than you will need to change.
Now out to test,, fingers x'd
Update,
Test flight results all good, no GPS drop outs or gimbal twitch and as solid and stable as a rock,,,,,,,,
So far so good...
Just need an updated Android App now, with POI, waypoints and flight simulator.

Regards
Mike.
2015-4-15
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United States

Just flown my first battery with my one controller that did not get bricked in the update. I have never had any real problems just a little toilet bowl effect that I ignore and fly through. I did not see any lateral movement on take off but the vertical control is now wayward. Dropping the landing gear dropped the height by 3 metres. Stopping in GPS mode seems to also cause a drop of 3 metres with it going up on acceleration. It is much happier once down to sonar range but it is nerve wracking seeing it plummet earthwards with no controller input. It actually looks as if the GPS is not holding the height but is relying on a barometric altimeter. The gusting wind did seem to change its height unduly. Ed, if yo had any suggestions re my second controller that hung on the update then I would be so grateful.

2015-4-15
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United States

Hambone Posted at 2015-4-16 00:20
Thanks

If you have auto updates then you will already have had the pilot app for a week. Check the app store updates if you are not on the current version.
2015-4-15
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Firmware update done! No problems during update, even with my 5 batteries and the remote.
Done flying and the inspire rocks again - super stable, no gps drops, no gimbal twitches so far (2 batteries, location germany).

GREAT JOB DJI!!!

In combination with my new 1324s props i am very very happy now. Takes not longer than 1 minute
to install the props and the bird is faster than before now (just my feeling). One thing i have recognized
was, that it takes longer to stop the inspire in the air when you are at full speed - but i am not sure.

Overall, good firmware and stable results. But please DJI, bring IMU and Compass data to the startup-Screen!!!
So you can check this values without diggin in the app...

Cheers and happy flying,
Christian
2015-4-15
Use props
michaellabonte.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 784905 ft
Canada

Just flew it in 40 km/hr wind. Auto landing gear up raised worked, machine was solid in the wind, working very well. The GPS stayed in GPS mode, so it looks like the compass error issue has been addressed. Auto lower landing gear seemed that I was less than 1.5 ft from the ground before it deployed. Seems odd.... I stayed in a hover at 1.5 feet before it went down automatically...

Other than that, the firmware update went smooth... I noticed over 120m you have to be in GPS mode now, ATTI is not allowed....
2015-4-15
Use props
skylab.gr
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Inspire 1 Tutorial "Updating the Firmware"
2015-4-15
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

its been almost 30 min since I started updating my bird.... Some people on the forum said that it was a quick update. I am wondering if this is normal or something must not be going well with the upgrade. Please advice.

I turn off my inspire, place the sd card inside and then turn on the bird on....

any suggestion as to why is taking so long?
2015-4-15
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hi all......right after a lengthly update with my Inspire, it took up to 35min...and when it goes D---DD sound from the camera with a solid red light...you will know it's completed. On thing that is strange to me was when I did a compass calibration......the app asked me for a dance & so I went ahead....did the first 360degree turn & it lite up green......did my second 360 degree turn with the nose down and it lite up red and on the app it said ready to fly......now I know when I tried this before with the old firmware and it turned red....it kept telling me to recalibrate all the time....so is this the new confirmation that it becomes a solid red light to know its completed successfully....anybody else have any ideas....
2015-4-15
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

No Android update?  Sigh........

Means I will still have my "motors starting" in mid flight commands from what im reading.  

Glad to see the update is out and hopefully no issues updating as I really dont want to send my bird in again due to the remote not updating but you would figure that they would also update the android app as well.
2015-4-15
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have juts had 2 flight,  on takeoff the nose went down 5 degrees and it was a little unstable in altitude, re-calculated the IMU and the TX it flies solid as a rock now.   
2015-4-15
Use props
boyan.sokolov.b
New

Bulgaria

Prop-Lock Girl Posted at 2015-4-15 19:42
Hi folks!
for me the most annoying issue ist the gimbal horizon drift. The release notes says it has ...

For me worked. After updated firmware gimbal works perfect.
2015-4-15
Use props
klute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45278055 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Done. All is well. Several flights an no problems. Yiiiiha! And this is an Inspire that crashed in to a high-power line and was hanging there 4 hours. Sendt to Germany, fixed and back in Norway after 20 days. Fantastic.
2015-4-15
Use props
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

Just updated to latest firmware and app version.

Found the following bugs:
  • My Gimbal is still not horizontally aligned. Using the Gimbal Roll adjust fixes the problem temporary, but the setting is not saved.
  • If the cam is set to AEB mode and the shutter is triggered in the app everything works, but if you trigger the shutter at the remote the click sound is played 5 times, but only one picture is saved
  • The Android App Version 1.0.9 instantly crashes if the motors are started

I'm wondering what the Beta-Tester tested!? Normally in a Beta-Test ALL functions should be tested in all configurations.
Was the Android App Version 1.0.9 already available while testing the latest firmware?
2015-4-15
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3034396 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Update worked just fine. 1 Inspire, 2 controllers, 5 batteries, took me around 30-45 minutes. Didn't had major issues with my Inspire so far, hopefully tomorrow it will still fly perfect with the new firmware, I will get back with info after a couple test flights.
2015-4-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm very much looking forward to using the auto-raise feature on the landing gear. I have some kind of mental block that prevents me from remembering to raise the gear when I fly. Must be related to something that happened in my childhood or something :-)
2015-4-15
Use props
jotha1967
lvl.1

Germany

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-4-16 01:45
Hi all......right after a lengthly update with my Inspire, it took up to 35min...and when it goes D- ...

You have to confirm that you want to unlock the motors (is a new feature) and then you can start them, and the red light will turn to green.
2015-4-15
Use props
Quadster
lvl.1
United States

Deleted by user
2015-4-15
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

Just finished updating both my I1's, 3 remotes and two batteries. I had to connect the remote to the camera to get it to upgrade. Checked all systems on both birds and all 3 remotes and everything works great! No problems or issues with mine. I did take the SD card out each time, check the txt file for "Success" then deleted the txt files to start the next upgrade.

Sorry to hear your's isn't working. Both birds took about 10-15 min. to update and all three remotes took about 5-10 min. to update.
2015-4-15
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

No problems here. Went as smooth as a spanked baby's butt.
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules