Ultimate Flight app to work with Phantom 3?
4604 8 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If this has already been asked or answered I apologise.

As above does the ultimate flight app work out of the box with the pahntom 3, or will we need to wait for the SDK to be released? i'm guessing we'll need to wait, but i just thought some one could better clarify.

Cheers all,
Tom.
2015-4-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

DJI Pilot app designed specifically for Phantom 3 will be released.
2015-4-15
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Autumn, I knew that much, I'm talking more specifically about third party apps, not the DJI Pilot app.

To be a little bit more specific I was interested to know if features like GS etc will be accessible to third party apps on release or if we'll have to wait for the SDK release for the P3 before we see any third party apps including these features.

The ultimate flight app already allows all these features for the P2V+ as a third party, so I wonder if the P3 will be locked down until SDK release.
2015-4-15
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I'm not sure about this but I would think, just my guess, that it would not, but the developer will probably update the app to work with the P3 when it's SDK is released.
2015-4-19
Use props
WhirlyBirdImage
New

United States

I was just reading on the DJI page and saw this:  

SDK DEVELOPMENT

Have a new idea that requires a view from the sky?
Develop your own app by using the DJI Software Development Kit. The Phantom 3 platform is fully
open and allows you to program apps that:

CONTROL THE CAMERA

Take pictures, record video, and control camera tilt and settings, all based on your app’s needs.

ACCESS REAL-TIME FOOTAGE

Record and analyze your Phantom 3’s live HD video stream. Use this real-time visual information to make your app more powerful and useful.

GATHER FLIGHT DATA

Full flight telemetry, including the Phantom 3’s live altitude, speed, distance, and more, is available to your app.

FOLLOW ME

Program your Phantom 3 to act as your own personal, flying film crew.

GROUND STATION

Set waypoints and assign automatic
actions for your aircraft to follow.

SDK DEVELOPMENT

Have a new idea that requires a view from the sky?
Develop your own app by using the DJI Software Development Kit. The Phantom 3 platform is fully
open and allows you to program apps that:

CONTROL THE CAMERA

Take pictures, record video, and control camera tilt and settings, all based on your app’s needs.

ACCESS REAL-TIME FOOTAGE

Record and analyze your Phantom 3’s live HD video stream. Use this real-time visual information to make your app more powerful and useful.

GATHER FLIGHT DATA

Full flight telemetry, including the Phantom 3’s live altitude, speed, distance, and more, is available to your app.

FOLLOW ME (I REALLY WANT THIS ONE!)

Program your Phantom 3 to act as your own personal, flying film crew.

GROUND STATION

Set waypoints and assign automatic
actions for your aircraft to follow.

POINT OF INTEREST (AND THIS ONE! )

Select a location or object to focus on, and the Phantom 3 will continuously face it, no matter how you fly.

Hope this helps answer your question.  I know nothing about this stuff...so I'm hoping you can find apps that will do these functions and just download them and they work.  Anyone know if that's how this works?  
2015-4-20
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

WhirlyBirdImage Posted at 2015-4-20 17:29
I was just reading on the DJI page and saw this:  

Since I asked this question I've been doing a lot of research into third party apps, and I believe http://autoflightlogic.com/ are the people the follow in respects to this. I even emailed them directly and they have stated that they are actively developing some if not all those features.

Although I'm not sure if they have access to the SDK or not yet. My guess is yes.

I may have posted about it in other topics about this forum.
2015-4-20
Use props
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

I have the Phantom 3 Professional running Firmware v. 1.2.6
My Nexus 7ii tablet is Android.

Is there any way I can run, purchase, test, or otherwise use this app, or is my firmware an insurmountable obstacle?
2015-7-1
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

tjrchampion Posted at 2015-4-20 20:53
Since I asked this question I've been doing a lot of research into third party apps, and I believe ...

This looks very good except - no android support.
2015-7-1
Use props
philby1
lvl.1

Israel

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-7-2 01:59
This looks very good except - no android support.

Autoflight are working on an Android version that they say will be released in 6 - 8 weeks.  Sign on as a beta tester.
2015-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules