URGENT Go 4 App Video Colour Profiles Gone
3573 58 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310594 ft
France

After tryouts I've been able to get rid of the EI mode with H264 and D-log is now working fine in H264 (CINECORE 2.1 Firmware V01.01.0300)

I removed the SSD plastic cover and then I powered the Inspire ON and....Surprise ! SSD slide became OFF and EI mode as well !
Now I'm in Normal mode with every old looks and the D-log which is working properly in H264. Furthermore, it's not stuck at 500 ISO. I can't go back to EI mode without a SSD but frankly I don't care... ;-)
Sure 8 bits is low for D-Log, but it works, so now I have the choice.
2018-1-7
Use props
zjdo
lvl.2
United States

Awesome, I'll give it a try tonight! Thanks
2018-1-7
Use props
zjdo
lvl.2
United States

K64 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:39
After tryouts I've been able to get rid of the EI mode with H264 and D-log is now working fine in H264 (CINECORE 2.1 Firmware V01.01.0300)

I removed the SSD plastic cover and then I powered the Inspire ON and....Surprise ! SSD slide became OFF and EI mode as well !

Ok, I tried the above and everything is working except i still do not have D-Log as an option. I only have Standard and D-Cinelike. I tried every conceivable combination by switching lenses, reinstalling app, removing and inserting the SSD cover etc...

DJI, any assistance here?
2018-1-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

zjdo Posted at 2018-1-7 22:10
Ok, I tried the above and everything is working except i still do not have D-Log as an option. I only have Standard and D-Cinelike. I tried every conceivable combination by switching lenses, reinstalling app, removing and inserting the SSD cover etc...

What would really be useful to us all is if DJI could confirm, at the very least, whether or not there is a sensor in the SSD slot that tells CineCore that there is an SSD on board and if so, if that sensor triggers the Go4 app to present a user interface that reflects either ProRes Etc. or h264 options. A sensor would explain k64's success. If there is no sensor then it will save us all a lot of time going down that route of trying to figure this out. Do'es anyone know if there's a sensor in the slot? As far as I can see there's a few electrical contacts but nothing obvious that looks like it could be physically triggered.
2018-1-8
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

zjdo Posted at 2018-1-7 22:10
Ok, I tried the above and everything is working except i still do not have D-Log as an option. I only have Standard and D-Cinelike. I tried every conceivable combination by switching lenses, reinstalling app, removing and inserting the SSD cover etc...

I am having the exact same problem, reinstalled the app twice and only have standard and d-cinelike..
I need Dlog..
inspire 2, remote, app and x7 are at latest firmware..
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 2018-1-9 01:44
I am having the exact same problem, reinstalled the app twice and only have standard and d-cinelike..
I need Dlog..
inspire 2, remote, app and x7 are at latest firmware..

That's interesting that you're having the same issue with the X7. The latest workround I and others are experimenting with  is the theory that  the I2 is getting mixed message when booting up. It doesn't pick up what recording media is on board. Try booting up with no MicroSD or SSD card on board, then installing which ever media you use when the I2 and Go4 is up and running.
2018-1-9
Use props
zjdo
lvl.2
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-9 02:55
That's interesting that you're having the same issue with the X7. The latest workround I and others are experimenting with  is the theory that  the I2 is getting mixed message when booting up. It doesn't pick up what recording media is on board. Try booting up with no MicroSD or SSD card on board, then installing which ever media you use when the I2 and Go4 is up and running.

HI, I have the X7 16mm and 35mm lenses. I tried booting with/without the MicroSD (i don't own SSD) and swapped out lenses. I believe I have actually tried every combination but still no D-Log. This sucks not being able to film with my high priced professional drone!
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

zjdo Posted at 2018-1-9 09:41
HI, I have the X7 16mm and 35mm lenses. I tried booting with/without the MicroSD (i don't own SSD) and swapped out lenses. I believe I have actually tried every combination but still no D-Log. This sucks not being able to film with my high priced professional drone!

Below is a a cut and paste from another thread where we appear to have figured this out. it seems to be an issue where the Go4 App or the I2 is not registering the media that is on board correctly. The key for me was removing the MicroSD. Powering the I2 down. Uninstalling the Go4 App. reboot the ipad. Reinstall Go4. Power everything up but don't have the MicroSD in the I2.

"Bingo.  I've now got my I2 to display like K64's screenshot. He's(?) correct in suggesting its an issue with the MicroSD being on board when the I2 is booting.  Here's what I did. (1)  I took out the MicroSD card and tried to reboot. The screen was still incorrect. (2) Shut everything down.  Delete Go4 app. Reboot Ipad. Reinstall Go4 App. Reboot I2 Without MicroSD on board. Fire up Go4 and the screen is as K64 screenshot. Then insert MicroSD. DLog/Art/Blue Etc Etc are now available and SSD is greyed out and nothing on the left hand side of the options is selectable. DLog looks good. Camera was attached throughout & I also removed the SSD plastic cover in case this was a factor (I don't think it is). Therefore I would suggest that that EI options should never be available if only a MicroSD card is on board. EI DLog is much more complex and data hungry than MicroSD DLog and the issues with regard to image quality being terrible is because the I2 was recording EI DLog onto MicroSD , Which it cannot handle"
2018-1-9
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-9 10:08
Below is a a cut and paste from another thread where we appear to have figured this out. it seems to be an issue where the Go4 App or the I2 is not registering the media that is on board correctly. The key for me was removing the MicroSD. Powering the I2 down. Uninstalling the Go4 App. reboot the ipad. Reinstall Go4. Power everything up but don't have the MicroSD in the I2.

"Bingo.  I've now got my I2 to display like K64's screenshot. He's(?) correct in suggesting its an issue with the MicroSD being on board when the I2 is booting.  Here's what I did. (1)  I took out the MicroSD card and tried to reboot. The screen was still incorrect. (2) Shut everything down.  Delete Go4 app. Reboot Ipad. Reinstall Go4 App. Reboot I2 Without MicroSD on board. Fire up Go4 and the screen is as K64 screenshot. Then insert MicroSD. DLog/Art/Blue Etc Etc are now available and SSD is greyed out and nothing on the left hand side of the options is selectable. DLog looks good. Camera was attached throughout & I also removed the SSD plastic cover in case this was a factor (I don't think it is). Therefore I would suggest that that EI options should never be available if only a MicroSD card is on board. EI DLog is much more complex and data hungry than MicroSD DLog and the issues with regard to image quality being terrible is because the I2 was recording EI DLog onto MicroSD , Which it cannot handle"

Just tried this twice, I dont have the ssd enabled on the app that seems to be fixed but no dlog for sd.
I am using a android tablet but as mentioned uninstalled the app twice and rebooted twice, reinstalled but no luck. looks exactly the same as before I uninstalled..
DJI do you have any ideas what is going on,.. looks like this has been going on for quite some time, I have a film shoot coming up and need dlog
2018-1-9
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-9 10:08
Below is a a cut and paste from another thread where we appear to have figured this out. it seems to be an issue where the Go4 App or the I2 is not registering the media that is on board correctly. The key for me was removing the MicroSD. Powering the I2 down. Uninstalling the Go4 App. reboot the ipad. Reinstall Go4. Power everything up but don't have the MicroSD in the I2.

"Bingo.  I've now got my I2 to display like K64's screenshot. He's(?) correct in suggesting its an issue with the MicroSD being on board when the I2 is booting.  Here's what I did. (1)  I took out the MicroSD card and tried to reboot. The screen was still incorrect. (2) Shut everything down.  Delete Go4 app. Reboot Ipad. Reinstall Go4 App. Reboot I2 Without MicroSD on board. Fire up Go4 and the screen is as K64 screenshot. Then insert MicroSD. DLog/Art/Blue Etc Etc are now available and SSD is greyed out and nothing on the left hand side of the options is selectable. DLog looks good. Camera was attached throughout & I also removed the SSD plastic cover in case this was a factor (I don't think it is). Therefore I would suggest that that EI options should never be available if only a MicroSD card is on board. EI DLog is much more complex and data hungry than MicroSD DLog and the issues with regard to image quality being terrible is because the I2 was recording EI DLog onto MicroSD , Which it cannot handle"

Just tried this twice, I dont have the ssd enabled on the app that seems to be fixed but no dlog for sd.
I am using a android tablet but as mentioned uninstalled the app twice and rebooted twice, reinstalled but no luck, this was without sd and sdd cover. looks exactly the same as before I uninstalled..
DJI do you have any ideas what is going on,.. looks like this has been going on for quite some time, I have a film shoot coming up and need dlog
2018-1-9
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Just tried Iphone and a different android device and still no dlog. just normal and dcinelike
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 2018-1-9 13:49
Just tried Iphone and a different android device and still no dlog. just normal and dcinelike

This is the tread I mentioned.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-128199-1-1.html
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 2018-1-9 13:15
Just tried this twice, I dont have the ssd enabled on the app that seems to be fixed but no dlog for sd.
I am using a android tablet but as mentioned uninstalled the app twice and rebooted twice, reinstalled but no luck. looks exactly the same as before I uninstalled..
DJI do you have any ideas what is going on,.. looks like this has been going on for quite some time, I have a film shoot coming up and need dlog

I've been advised by DJI that both DLog and REC709 EI options are compatible with h264 on MicroSD which definitely does not appear to be the case. Also received the standard " We Appreciate your patience" reply more than once. I've had to cancel work waiting for this issue to be resolved so can appreciate your frustration.
2018-1-9
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Still no luck, thanks for the advice Fansdb6ff1f7 but it hasnt helped here, i tried everything you and the thread mentioned, including removing of the sdd plastic plug . the sdd option is off on the app but cant see dlog for sd.. Help DJI.
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Skyris Posted at 2018-1-9 16:35
Still no luck, thanks for the advice Fansdb6ff1f7 but it hasnt helped here, i tried everything you and the thread mentioned, including removing of the sdd plastic plug . the sdd option is off on the app but cant see dlog for sd.. Help DJI.

Sorry to hear that. It's a really frustrating issue. Like you I worked exclusively in DLog and the previous version locked at ISO500 was ok. If you have another go at it, my thoughts are that the I2 and Go4 app need to be reset back to a stage where neither of them had any idea which form of media was going to be presented to them. My I2 was definitely under the impression that an SSD was on board and it had instructed the Go4 app to present the appropriate options (EI DLog and REC709). and also SSD options. This was strange as no SSD has ever been anywhere near the thing.  Once I'd got both back to the "Factory" state it defaulted to MicroSD and has now retained that setup. I don't even want to think what it would do if I ever put an SSD in it. Hopefully DJI are onto this. Support are definitely confused about what EI is and with what media it can be used.
2018-1-10
Use props
zjdo
lvl.2
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-1-10 01:43
Sorry to hear that. It's a really frustrating issue. Like you I worked exclusively in DLog and the previous version locked at ISO500 was ok. If you have another go at it, my thoughts are that the I2 and Go4 app need to be reset back to a stage where neither of them had any idea which form of media was going to be presented to them. My I2 was definitely under the impression that an SSD was on board and it had instructed the Go4 app to present the appropriate options (EI DLog and REC709). and also SSD options. This was strange as no SSD has ever been anywhere near the thing.  Once I'd got both back to the "Factory" state it defaulted to MicroSD and has now retained that setup. I don't even want to think what it would do if I ever put an SSD in it. Hopefully DJI are onto this. Support are definitely confused about what EI is and with what media it can be used.

I spent  the last 2 hours to completely downgrade and reset to factory settings. When i downgraded to the original first release I could only get into photo mode but at least I saw all the color profiles available. Since i have the X7 system i didn't expect much to work anyway... I moved to the next version and the video mode was available but no D-Log. I upgraded to the most recent and same thing, no D-Log. All the other issues like SSD being enabled, ISO etc... are all resolved. I simply don't have D-Log.

I'm so sad
2018-1-10
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

zjdo Posted at 2018-1-10 08:50
I spent  the last 2 hours to completely downgrade and reset to factory settings. When i downgraded to the original first release I could only get into photo mode but at least I saw all the color profiles available. Since i have the X7 system i didn't expect much to work anyway... I moved to the next version and the video mode was available but no D-Log. I upgraded to the most recent and same thing, no D-Log. All the other issues like SSD being enabled, ISO etc... are all resolved. I simply don't have D-Log.

I'm so sad

Having invested in the X7 I'm sure it must be very frustrating. Hopefully DJI are working on this issue
2018-1-10
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I am having the exact problem... Dji have known about this for over a month now.
2018-1-10
Use props
zjdo
lvl.2
United States

K64 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:39

I removed the SSD plastic cover and then I powered the Inspire ON and....Surprise ! SSD slide became OFF and EI mode as well !

I downloaded and installed the new go app 4.2.4. Removed the SSD cover. The SSD is off, I can adjust the ISO but I still only have Normal and D-Cinelike, NO D-Log. Do you have the X7 gimbal/lens?
Sorry, replied to an old entry but has anyone been able to make this work with the new app version that does not use SSD and have the X7 system?

2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules