rolled back rc firmware now no video or firmware info
1451 12 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
obiwanjacobi
lvl.1

United States

Please help!!! Ive been battleing trying to get my pahntom 4 back in order for some time now! My phantom is pretty new maybe have 10 flights on it. Never been crashed and always well taken care of. I installed the new update (current) and it was never the same again... Ive tried everything... I see theres a beta firmware id like to try. Where can I get access to it? Secondly, while trying to get my phantom running propery I rolled back my RC firmware now I have no video feed or and it doesnt show the firmware. It shows current version unknown and that the device is disconnected while using the dg4 app. It just says cannot load firmware... It still pairs with the phantom I just cant see anything. Also ive noticed that the power light flashes red and green like its transmitting data it didnt do that before... Is there any way I can factory reset the RC or force it to update back to the current firmware? Please help Ive already called technical support and they want me to send it in but thats not possible because I travel somewhere new pretty much everyweek.
2017-12-7
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Damn It DJI would you please fix your faulty Firmware and Software Please. This is so far from Professional it's not Funny. it wasn't Funny when the Updates started taking the Birds out of the sky and it isn't funny now that the Birds remain out of the sky. We the costumers did not pay this kind of money for any of this and it is far past time that You DJI to get this straightened out and fixed.
2017-12-7
Use props
ludovicpizzera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
Switzerland

Hi obiwanjacobi, I had the same problem and I solved the issue following the suggestion of the user @skyguy1

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a new minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)
I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.

2017-12-7
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

ludovicpizzera Posted at 2017-12-7 21:54
Hi obiwanjacobi, I had the same problem and I solved the issue following the suggestion of the user @skyguy1

I did install the Go 3 App and it wouldn't let me download the Update Plus the app told me if i wanted to fly the P4  it told me to use Go4. On the download page for the update on the Go3 App it showed that i had 1.9.3 installed on my RC and below it showed 1.8 that will not let me roll back to 1.8 from 1.9.3.  Everytime i try to download the Update it goes from 0% straight to 100% in less then a second and shows download Failed. It's a no go for me with this fix and it's a no go with any kind of help from DJI.  when i bought my P4 back in november of 16 it was perfect minus my device problems not having enogh ram to fully push the demands of the app same as my samsung S5 i went out and bought an Ipad mini Air2 and everything was perfect until DJI's Fatal update back in july and all that is happening now is more and more folks are either trying to fly them crashing and destroying them or they are sitting on the coffee tables taking pictures of the living-room wallpaper.
2017-12-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-12-7 22:21
I did install the Go 3 App and it wouldn't let me download the Update Plus the app told me if i wanted to fly the P4  it told me to use Go4. On the download page for the update on the Go3 App it showed that i had 1.9.3 installed on my RC and below it showed 1.8 that will not let me roll back to 1.8 from 1.9.3.  Everytime i try to download the Update it goes from 0% straight to 100% in less then a second and shows download Failed. It's a no go for me with this fix and it's a no go with any kind of help from DJI.  when i bought my P4 back in november of 16 it was perfect minus my device problems not having enogh ram to fully push the demands of the app same as my samsung S5 i went out and bought an Ipad mini Air2 and everything was perfect until DJI's Fatal update back in july and all that is happening now is more and more folks are either trying to fly them crashing and destroying them or they are sitting on the coffee tables taking pictures of the living-room wallpaper.

If you're already at 1.9.3 then there shouldn't be any problems with the RC.

If you want try rolling back your RC to 1.5.80 (you should have a choice 1.8, 1.6 or 1.5.80), then continue as mentioned above.

I tried this on my V1.9.3 RC yesterday, just to prove that it worked, like you the 1.8 download failed for me. But 1.5.80 was successful. As was the subsequent reload of V1.9.3.

At this moment the main problem seems to be DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 not recognising earlier versions of RC firmware on some GL300 RCs.

2017-12-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

This is absurd and needs to be fixed soon.  Really sorry I ever updated anything since purchase with these random disconnects on both P4S and the I2.

2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-8 08:09

If you want try rolling back your RC to 1.5.80 (you should have a choice 1.8, 1.6 or 1.5.80), then continue as mentioned above.

Aardvark, just curious, have you had any range issues?
If yes was they solved by the downgrades?
2017-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-8 13:50
Aardvark, just curious, have you had any range issues?
If yes was they solved by the downgrades?

I've not had any range issues that I've noticed, but then I usually don't go out of sight (about 700m). The rollback on the RC was really just to prove to myself that the update procedure works before suggesting it to others.

I'm running the beta 02.00.0600 which, like the official release 02.00.0106 is only compatible with RC versions V1.9.2 and above.

Were I to push it out further then who knows.
2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-8 14:27
I've not had any range issues that I've noticed, but then I usually don't go out of sight (about 700m). The rollback on the RC was really just to prove to myself that the update procedure works before suggesting it to others.

I'm running the beta 02.00.0600 which, like the official release 02.00.0106 is only compatible with RC versions V1.9.2 and above.

okay thank you, was just wondering due to my own P4P issues.
2017-12-8
Use props
obiwanjacobi
lvl.1

United States

ludovicpizzera Posted at 2017-12-7 21:54

it wont let me use the app it takes me to the dg4 app...
2017-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

obiwanjacobi Posted at 2017-12-8 16:22
it wont let me use the app it takes me to the dg4 app...

Remember your aircraft should be switched off. It's only because it sees the P4 it pushes you towards DJI Go 4.
2017-12-8
Use props
obiwanjacobi
lvl.1

United States

Thank you everyone for your help!!! A special thank you to ludovicpizzera for the steps on what to do. Got it back up and running to its crappy self but at least i can see now... Now to try and get the beta installed so i can actually have fun flying again and not to have to worry about it crashing due to its erratic behavior.
2017-12-8
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-8 08:09

The 1.5.80 does not show up for me to even choose and the 1.8 rollback fails every time. I’m stuck with extreme interference no matter where I go to fly whether it be from my front yard in my neighborhood too wide open farmland with absolutely no telephone wires no cell phone towers no Wi-Fi from housing no wireless burglar alarms no metal buildings no metal bridges no re-barb no concrete just miles and miles of open free range farmland and all I get is strong interference alerts and disconnects. For the kind of money spent none of us should be going through any of this.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules