Newly purchased Spark has loose gimbal
2636 9 2017-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicoaravena
New
Chile

Just a few hours ago my Yellow Spark came to me from the United States. I flew it 3 times, very slow and never crashed. Now I was loading it, and I see that the Gimbal is loose. It has no screws. What could have happened? I appreciate any ideas or help. I wanted to fly it again today, but I will not be able to do it.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Feel pity about this situation, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you send it back for repair. Any question, please feel free to ask for help.
2017-12-8
Use props
nicoaravena
New
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-8 00:14
Hi, sir. Feel pity about this situation, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you send it back for repair. Any question, please feel free to ask for help.

The problem is that I bought it in the United States and I live in Chile. Can I collect the guarantee in DJI Chile? Send it to the USA and send me a new one will cost me too much money. It's my first drone, and it's really a pity
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry to tell you that you have to send it to the place you buy for warranty. Or you can repair your drone in Chile and pay for the repair. Here is the link of repair center: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers.
2017-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What will it take to repair it yourself, is it working correctly? I would normally say return it but in your situation might not be feasible. Can you show some more pictures.
2017-12-10
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

It is normally held by two screws, accessible from inside the spark.
Either they were loose or they never were there.
In both cases, it would be prudent for DJI to arrance for free shipping.
Otherwise I would pop the lid off and fix it myself.
2017-12-10
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Send it in. It should be covered by warranty. I had an overload problem with mine, sent it in, and it was back in a week, which personally I feel is reasonably quick. I was tempted to try to fix it myself, but let the manufacturer do it. It is hassle free that way.
2017-12-10
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I think I would find out the cost of shipping it and the cost of repair at the local service center, and I would choose the less expensive solution.
2017-12-10
Use props
Christos Peleties
New

Cyprus

I bought my Yellow Spark in Cyprus last January and i have the same problem last week with loose gimbal. I always carry my drone in the original foam case and i found the two screws in the case.
My drone is in warranty so i sent it to the local dealer that i bought it from for repair. For my surprise the dealer charge for the repair 30 euros and when i mention the warranty they said that this happens when you have lots of vibrations and that happens due to bad use of the drone. I have a loose gimbal with out a crash if this is not warranty then what is it. I am very dissapointed with the local Cyprus Dealer.

2018-9-12
Use props
djiuser_XapyCvwvGCVy
New

Jamaica

Hi I have a question my spark gimbal is also loose and has no problem turning on but just flops around when I fly what can I do to fix it?
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules