Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update situation is confusing me...Help.
1422 12 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warrior1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141998 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly what should be on my SD card?My App is telling me to update....I've downloaded the latest firmware but nothing is happening when I attempt to update..
I have the new update from today and the previous firmware on the SD card.

2015-4-15
Use props
Rschutte3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275577 ft
United States

You need to delete the previous firmware from the sd, then unzip the new formware. After that it should work. Also delete any text files associated with the old firmware
2015-4-15
Use props
River 1
New

United States

and then pray .. seems you must start engines in order to unlock motors and only then can you calibrate the compass !!! Who I hell would even think of starting motors without calibrating compass? DJI is hitting the bottle again .. of course no "follow or ground station"
2015-4-15
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

delete all previous update files.  copy the download onto the sd.  open the download and copy the update.  past the update to the root folder ( that's the first folder ) put card in bird and turn it on.  it should start beep beeping.  now have a cup of coffee and wait
2015-4-15
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

River 1 Posted at 2015-4-15 23:24
and then pray .. seems you must start engines in order to unlock motors and only then can you calibr ...

That is not what I did I Just turned on the Remote - The inspire - the iPhoneDid a compass calibration and flied nicely

2015-4-15
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

I deleted everything off my SD card through my mac disc utility .  I believe that formats it.
I then copy the bin file to the sd card and insert that into the gimbal?
2015-4-15
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

I am not sure what the root folder is?  
2015-4-15
Use props
Warrior1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141998 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your help....All sorted.
All the hype and buzz +/- about firmware can cause a slight sense of uneasyness.
2015-4-16
Use props
BIGFOOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735902 ft
Thailand

IT REALLY IS JUST SO SIMPLE TO UPDATE
2015-4-16
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

To Sky High Aerial - When you double-click on the micro-sd card on your desktop and it opens, you're looking at the root level directory.  It is the top level of the card, i.e. not contained in ANY folders.

QUICK REVIEW OF UPDATING FIRMWARE IN CASE IT'S HELPFUL

So to install new firmware: unzip the file you downloaded to your desktop or other convenient location.  This will create a folder containing the unzipped files.  Open up the folder (depending on how you did it, there may be a folder within the folder).  Keep going until you reach the update file itself.  It has a file name ending in .bin

Double click on your micro-sd card to open it and drop the .bin file right there in that top-level ("root") micro-sad card directory so it is not contained in any folders.  Ensure that the file has copied over completely.  Use your computer's (Mac or PC) procedure to dismount and safely remove the card.

Install the card in the Inspire's camera and the camera on the bird.  Ensure you have at least a 50% charge on the Inspire's battery and power it up.

NOTE: Always update the bird first, then the controllers.  If you update the controllers first and the bird is in transport mode, the upgraded controller will not be able to communicate with the non-upgraded Inspire and you won't be able to get it out of transport mode to install the camera!

After powering up the Inspire, after a few seconds you should start hearing a pattern of four beeps followed by a pause: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEP. -  BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. -  BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP etc.  this will continue during the update.  If you have the controller on you will lose and regain connectivity several times.  The camera will move around somewhat randomly during the update.  You may also hear a pause or two in the beeping pattern followed by the four-beep pattern resuming.  This is all normal behavior.

When the update is complete, the beep pattern will change.  It becomes BEEP (short pause) BEEP BEEP (longer pause), BEEP (short pause) BEEP BEEP (longer pause) etc.  This means a successful update has completed.

Power down the Inspire.  Remove the micro-sad card from the camera, and reopen it on your computer desktop.  It should now contain a "results" text file.  Open and read the file AND THEN DELETE THE TEXT FILE FROM THE CARD.  If the text file includes the word "Failure," try the update again.  If it contains "Success," move on to the controller.

Controllers use the same .bin file as the Inspire itself.  WITH THE CONTROLLER SWITCHED OFF, plug the card reader with the micro-sd card into the USB jack on the controller (or if you prefer, put the same firmware update .bin file on a thumb drive instead and plug THAT into the controller).

Turn the controller on.  It will take about 60 seconds for the controller to start updating.  When it does, the beeping pattern is the same as the Inspire itself.  At completion, power down the controller, unplug the card reader or thumb drive from the controller, reconnect the card reader or thumb drive to your computer and check the "results" text file.  MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE TEXT FILE AFTER READING IT.  If you have a dual controller setup, repeat with the second controller.

With both the aircraft and controller(s) updated you also need to update battery firmware.  With the card containing the firmware update installed back in the Inspire's camera, install each new battery in turn, power up, listen for the four-beep pattern followed by the three-beep "success" pattern, power down, swap batteries and repeat.

It has been recommended that you always leave the most current firmware update .bin file on any micro-SPD card you use.  That way if, for some reason, you insert a battery that has not been updated, it will update automatically.

Hope that helps.
2015-4-16
Use props
ckb93
New

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-4-16 21:29
To Sky High Aerial - When you double-click on the micro-sd card on your desktop and it opens, you're ...

Thank you for posting this..... excellent instructions.....it also works for the Phantom 3
2015-7-26
Use props
hkwilliamsjr
New

United States

Playful Monster Posted at 2015-4-15 23:30
delete all previous update files.  copy the download onto the sd.  open the download and copy the up ...

I have done this a dozen times and cannot get the RC to update firmware.  Any ideas?

2015-7-26
Use props
hkwilliamsjr
New

United States

hkwilliamsjr@gm Posted at 2015-7-27 07:20
I have done this a dozen times and cannot get the RC to update firmware.  Any ideas?

Here are the files listed on the SD card:
DCIM
Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.2.1.06_en
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin
2015-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules