76573 78 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded the raw files from my Mavic and expected to see a stitched image. I then tried viewing on the editor thinking that it may automatically stitch them. Does DJI have an editor outside of the DJI Go app? Or is there a tool that I don't know about? I have Adope Photoshop, but haven't seen anything that will stitch a 'sphere' shot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DockQuicksand

5% off of DJI Mavic
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

You can use DJI Media Maker to stitch the photos together. Look towards the bottom of the page, on the left side under "Software".

Of course that will stitch the photos together. You'll need a viewer or to upload the stitched picture to see the globe effect.

I tried using Media Maker and then uploading to SkyPixel but got an error saying the ratio wasn't correct. SkyPixel is looking for 2:1. I'm not sure what ratio Media Maker renders the picture in.

Google Photos will also give you the globe effect. However, the file size of the stitched picture was too big to upload to Google Photos.
2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-8 13:46
You can use DJI Media Maker to stitch the photos together. Look towards the bottom of the page, on the left side under "Software".

Of course that will stitch the photos together. You'll need a viewer or to upload the stitched picture to see the globe effect.

You are the man! Thank you so much...

2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-8 15:37
You are the man! Thank you so much...

Awesome! I'm guessing that worked for you.

If you upload your picture somewhere, please let me know.
2017-12-8
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Lightroom from adobe does the job well too.

2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-8 15:45
Awesome! I'm guessing that worked for you.

If you upload your picture somewhere, please let me know.

Will do... Gonna try uploading to SkyPixel
2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Folkestone Posted at 2017-12-8 15:51
Lightroom from adobe does the job well too.

[view_image]

Wow, nice shot! Assuming that is a 180 degree Pano? Suppose that Photoshop should do it as well.
2017-12-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Microsoft ICE blows the brakes off DJI media maker.
2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-8 17:39

I have a MAC system, not sure Microsoft ICE will work???
2017-12-8
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Agree. Best I've used. Makes the spherical view as well. DJI Grace tells me that engineers are looking into a way of saving the interactive spherical image.
2017-12-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-8 18:00
I have a MAC system, not sure Microsoft ICE will work???

Afraid not. MS doesn't work on IOS.
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

What settings do you use to create the 360 panos in MS ICE?

Do you upload the 360 panos to SkyPixel? Or anywhere else?
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, DJI Media Maker can stitch Panos except for Sphere. For stitching Sphere, if you want to use DJI GO 4 app, you need to connect the drone, RC and app, then go to Replay, the Sphere will stitch there with .jpeg pics, RAW files are not able to use for stitching in DJI GO 4.
You can also use others software to create the Sphere.
2017-12-8
Use props
ZzZoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

My studio tried PS, autopano giga, PTGui, they all work for Sphere.   Btw, I think the quality that Dji app stitches... kind of, l... Sorry, not to offend, but its what I think.
2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ZzZoe Posted at 2017-12-8 23:12
My studio tried PS, autopano giga, PTGui, they all work for Sphere.   Btw, I think the quality that Dji app stitches... kind of, l... Sorry, not to offend, but its what I think.

Ummmmm... Not really sure what you are saying? PS (Photoshop)? I do use Photoshop, but have never used it for a pano-stitch. So it works better than DJI? Thank you for the reply!
and.... No offense taken!
2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 23:06
Hi sir, DJI Media Maker can stitch Panos except for Sphere. For stitching Sphere, if you want to use DJI GO 4 app, you need to connect the drone, RC and app, then go to Replay, the Sphere will stitch there with .jpeg pics, RAW files are not able to use for stitching in DJI GO 4.

Photoshop?
2017-12-8
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Will Adobe Photoshop work?
2017-12-8
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
United Kingdom

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-8 17:12
Wow, nice shot! Assuming that is a 180 degree Pano? Suppose that Photoshop should do it as well.

That was shot before mavic had pano mode built in.

Tripod mode, portrait cam, shoot, rotate a touch, shot and repeat. Put them all into LR and use the panorama stitcher built in there.
2017-12-9
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
United Kingdom

Same with these two.

2017-12-9
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

I used DJI Media Maker to stitch a sphere the other day.

The problem I have is that it's the the correct ratio (2:1) to upload to SkyPixel. I tried to upload it to Google Photos, which will show the 360 view, but the file is too large. I haven't tried to reduce the file size yet.
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Great shots! I wish I could upload photos to the forum, but for some reason I continue getting errors when I try. I can upload all day from a Windows machine, just not from my Mac...

For now, you can view my pano shots in SkyPixel at:
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-9 00:58
I used DJI Media Maker to stitch a sphere the other day.

The problem I have is that it's the the correct ratio (2:1) to upload to SkyPixel. I tried to upload it to Google Photos, which will show the 360 view, but the file is too large. I haven't tried to reduce the file size yet.

I use Photoshop to pretty much do everything except to stitch the photos. Making a 2:1 is fairly easy, just have to resize the image (in pixels) and make sure that the Horizontal aspect is twice is large as the Vertical aspect. To do this you must ensure that the "image constraint" is turned off so that it doesn't automatically resize the Horizontal when you are adjusting the Vertical. It does affect the image a bit by distorting it, but the image is already somewhat distorted, especially if you upload as a 360 degree shot to SkyPixel. Hope this helps!
2017-12-9
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

Have you tried to export results from DJI Go to the drone ? It doesn't  work for me and it disconnects the drone from RC !
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jerome42 Posted at 2017-12-9 08:36
Have you tried to export results from DJI Go to the drone ? It doesn't  work for me and it disconnects the drone from RC !

Sorry mate, but I'm not really sure that I know what you are asking?
2017-12-9
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-9 08:38
Sorry mate, but I'm not really sure that I know what you are asking?

When DJI Go has finished to make the panorama you can export it but for me it fails and disconnects the drone.
2017-12-9
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

jerome42 Posted at 2017-12-9 08:36

Same here, only way to get it working again is turn everything off then back on, good job i didn't try it while flying
2017-12-9
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187408 ft
United States

So, for now there is no native way for us to save and share the sphere pano?  Begs the question:  What's the point?  I can look at it on my device for a moment, but can't do anything with it.
2017-12-9
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
United States

Fastest, easiest way I have found to get the sphere shot is to take a screen shot off my device, then email it to myself for editing.  Normally just needs a bit of cropping.  But, why we can't export the sphere from the app is a mystery.
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2017-12-9 12:06
So, for now there is no native way for us to save and share the sphere pano?  Begs the question:  What's the point?  I can look at it on my device for a moment, but can't do anything with it.

You can upload a spherical shot to SkyPixel, can you not?
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2017-12-9 12:20
Fastest, easiest way I have found to get the sphere shot is to take a screen shot off my device, then email it to myself for editing.  Normally just needs a bit of cropping.  But, why we can't export the sphere from the app is a mystery.

Have you attempted to use the DJI Media Tool?
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sim-Y Posted at 2017-12-9 11:33
Same here, only way to get it working again is turn everything off then back on, good job i didn't try it while flying

Still not quite clear about what you guys are refering to...

2017-12-9
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-9 13:00
Have you attempted to use the DJI Media Tool?

Yes.  It does not create a sphere.  It creates a flat image only.  As far as Skypixel goes, I've not used it.  Once the image is on Skypixel, can you then export it as a sphere for use in other applications, or is it just stuck there?
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2017-12-9 13:31
Yes.  It does not create a sphere.  It creates a flat image only.  As far as Skypixel goes, I've not used it.  Once the image is on Skypixel, can you then export it as a sphere for use in other applications, or is it just stuck there?

It will not create the spherical image, it merely stitches the shot together. Next you will have to ensure that the photos ration is 2:1 (W:H). From there, upload to SkyPixel as a 360 degree photo, and it will render the shot you are looking for...
2017-12-9
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
United Kingdom

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-9 06:48
Great shots! I wish I could upload photos to the forum, but for some reason I continue getting errors when I try. I can upload all day from a Windows machine, just not from my Mac...

You have some beautiful work there. Stunning shots.
2017-12-9
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Folkestone Posted at 2017-12-9 17:39
You have some beautiful work there. Stunning shots.

Thank you, you have a nice eye as well. Do you have a SkyPixel? If so, shoot me a link, would like to see more...
2017-12-9
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-9 06:53
I use Photoshop to pretty much do everything except to stitch the photos. Making a 2:1 is fairly easy, just have to resize the image (in pixels) and make sure that the Horizontal aspect is twice is large as the Vertical aspect. To do this you must ensure that the "image constraint" is turned off so that it doesn't automatically resize the Horizontal when you are adjusting the Vertical. It does affect the image a bit by distorting it, but the image is already somewhat distorted, especially if you upload as a 360 degree shot to SkyPixel. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the great info.

Are you using DJI Media Maker to stitch the images? And then Photoshop to set the aspect ratio?

I don't have Photoshop but I'm sure GIMP would be able to do the post-processing. Just have to figure out how!!
2017-12-10
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2017-12-9 13:31

SkyPixel provides the viewer to view the flat image as a sphere. Google Photos will also show the sphere view when you upload the flat image.

From what I've seen, there's no way to export/download the image from SkyPixel.
2017-12-10
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Not that it really matters too much but after looking at the SkyPixel site for a few minutes, I see they are using krpano to render the flat pano images as a sphere.
2017-12-10
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-10 16:43
Thanks for the great info.

Are you using DJI Media Maker to stitch the images? And then Photoshop to set the aspect ratio?

I did try Photoshop to stitch the photos, but surprisingly, can't believe that I am about to say this, Media Make did a better job. But I do use Photoshop to edit the image and set the aspect ratio. I have uploaded a few more 360 degree shots on SkyPixel, really cool!!!

DocQuicksand
SkyPixel
2017-12-10
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-10 16:50
SkyPixel provides the viewer to view the flat image as a sphere. Google Photos will also show the sphere view when you upload the flat image.

From what I've seen, there's no way to export/download the image from SkyPixel.

Correct.. As of right now, there is no way to export them from SkyPixel. The best I do is to stop the auto-rotation, make it full screen, and screen capture the image once uploaded in ot SkyPixel.

DocQuicksand
SkyPixel
2017-12-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules