Just got Mavuc Platinum have a gimbal question
923 11 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danesh
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,  new to Mavic Pro platinum as just got it today, right out of the box I noticed that the gimbal moves very freely, is that normal? When powered on it seems fine it’s just when it’s powered off. If I move the mavic or shake it a bit also it seems it just moves everywhere and also has this sound as if it’s tiouching the Magic’s body.
Just thought would check in case it’s normal or defective.
2017-12-8
Use props
Danesh
lvl.1
United States

Just got Mavic Platinum have a gimbal question

Hi All,  new to Mavic Pro platinum as just got it today, right out of the box I noticed that the gimbal moves very freely, is that normal? When powered on it seems fine it’s just when it’s powered off. If I move the mavic or shake it a bit also it seems it just moves everywhere and also has this sound as if it’s tiouching the Magic’s body.
Just thought would check in case it’s normal or defective.
2017-12-8
Use props
Archie9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47943 ft
Germany

when you powered on and the gimbal makes his calibration without any errors it should be ok.
2017-12-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

It is okay nothing to worry.

2017-12-8
Use props
Danesh
lvl.1
United States

This is what it’s like, is that normal?
2017-12-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Well, lets see, when you power it on, the AC does a bootup, and then does a gimble initialization.
When you power down the AC, you also powerdown the gimbal, no voltage to the motors, so it will "dangle/move when you move the AC or touch the gimbal.
Tha's why we have the gimbal clamp, to keep the gimbal stable during transport.
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Yeah, that sounds pretty normal.
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, that seems to be pretty normal. If it powers up and goes through the check, you should be good.
2017-12-8
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Be very careful about shaking it. It is actually very sensitive and expensive to replace.
2017-12-8
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

It took me time and practice to get the gimbal clamp locked on properly. At first I thought it was just something for shipping but learned differently. If put on properly and the bubble is used you'll be all set for travel and storage.
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Kevin_d Posted at 2017-12-8 15:28
It took me time and practice to get the gimbal clamp locked on properly. At first I thought it was just something for shipping but learned differently. If put on properly and the bubble is used you'll be all set for travel and storage.

True. I had trouble putting on the gimbal clamp at first. I was trying to be very careful and trying not to handle the gimbal while installing the clamp. Then I figured it was better to hold the gimbal lightly while installing the clamp - seemed to be safer for the gimbal.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, Danesh, this is normal, it will be soft when the gimbal has no electricity, please don't shake the gimbal violently, and keep the gimbal clamp mounted on it when you transport it. Thank you.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules