Moving Goggles from Mavic to Spark?
924 8 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wrathpanda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16516 ft
United States

I am newly into this hobby, so apologies in advance for being a n00b.

I just purchased the Goggles and wirelessly linked + connected them to my Mavic. No problems, works great.

Now I am trying to connect them to my Spark. I have the Goggles connected via OTG cable to Spark Remote Controller, and the Spark is powered on.

The phone sees the image from the Spark camera, but nothing on the Goggles. I checked the Goggle settings and it seems its still waiting on / looking for the Mavic.

Have tried power cycling everything.

QUESTION: How  do I get the Goggles _not_ to look for the Mavic, but use the Spark's camera feed from the USB connector?

Thanks,

- Tai

[Edit: fixed spelling errors]

2017-12-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there, Turn on the goggles with nothing else (No Drone No RC) , then reset Goggles to factory settings, turn off goggles and connect to RC via OTG and turn on the Goggles,  Then you should have the Goggles working as full control. If you just want to see the FPV from the goggles then the only way I found to to do that with a iPad mini 4 was to use a HDMI adapter from the iPad to the goggles and you then have HDMI output from iPad to Goggles, works for me, try, bye davawt
2017-12-10
Use props
Wrathpanda
lvl.2
United States

I will try that and report back. . Many thanks.
2017-12-10
Use props
Wrathpanda
lvl.2
United States

[Solved / Update]

It is not possible to "factory reset" the Goggles. This was found on several forums. In the Goggles menu choosing Reset to Factory, does nothing; all settings are still present. From DJI Assistant a Factory Reset fails every time.

But I eventually got it working. Roughly, my steps were:

1. Re-flash the firmware  to the same version (not sure this was necessary, as all the settings remained the same after the flash)
2. Connect the Mavic wirelessly and verify it works. It does.
3. Power up the Spark and its RC
4. Connect the RC via a USB OTG cable to the goggles
5. In the goggles menu, choose HD -> Live View

And viola — it works. Hope that helps others.
2017-12-12
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Wrathpanda Posted at 2017-12-12 09:54
[Solved / Update]

It is not possible to "factory reset" the Goggles. This was found on several forums. In the Goggles menu choosing Reset to Factory, does nothing; all settings are still present. From DJI Assistant a Factory Reset fails every time.

Well Done, Wrathpanda
Sounds perfect, I might give that a go myself....
bye
davawt
2017-12-14
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-12-10 03:45
Hi there, Turn on the goggles with nothing else (No Drone No RC) , then reset Goggles to factory settings, turn off goggles and connect to RC via OTG and turn on the Goggles,  Then you should have the Goggles working as full control. If you just want to see the FPV from the goggles then the only way I found to to do that with a iPad mini 4 was to use a HDMI adapter from the iPad to the goggles and you then have HDMI output from iPad to Goggles, works for me, try, bye davawt

You can't actually reset the Goggles to Factory Settings (unless you know something I don't). Unless, you meant that you are resetting the goggles to default?
2017-12-14
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Range30 Posted at 2017-12-14 19:52
You can't actually reset the Goggles to Factory Settings (unless you know something I don't). Unless, you meant that you are resetting the goggles to default?

Yes you are right, reset to default, as in the Goggles Menu - not factory reset in the Assistant program.
I meant just back to usual standard settings.
bye
davawt
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davawt Posted at 2017-12-14 14:05
Well Done, Wrathpanda
Sounds perfect, I might give that a go myself....
bye

Hi, sir. Here is the video for your reference, hope it can help you:
2017-12-17
Use props
MsRange30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-17 19:26
Hi, sir. Here is the video for your reference, hope it can help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo1ki0_SfF4

sweet video!