PASSED MY FAA 107
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fastnine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24324 ft
United States

So i wanted to let you guys know i took my test today and passed any questions you guys would like to know about the experiance feel free to ask ..
Thanks Chris
2017-12-8
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

Congratulations
2017-12-8
Use props
Fastnine
lvl.1
United States

I gotta say it was hard, I studied for 3 weeks and took many practice tests, and when I was scoring in the 90s I made the apountment to take it..and scored a 70! there was like 25 questions I never saw ever on any practice tests
2017-12-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fastnine Posted at 2017-12-8 14:48
I gotta say it was hard, I studied for 3 weeks and took many practice tests, and when I was scoring in the 90s I made the apountment to take it..and scored a 70! there was like 25 questions I never saw ever on any practice tests

Aloha Chris,

Congratulations, now comes the hard part - remembering what you learned!  Remember algebra, when wIll I ever need this stuff in my life?  Well, you will need to rememeber the 25 questions (and the rest) that you never saw before the test.  All is good though for the next 2 years until you have to do it all over again.  

Again, congratulations!  Now go make money.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-8
Use props
TomHTx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35059 ft
United States

Congratulations!
2017-12-8
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fastnine Posted at 2017-12-8 14:48

Nice, congrats on the PT 107 Cert !  Agreed, test was challenging for sure.  That's what makes these exams tricky you never know what you're going to get. I too saw questions that I never saw of the practice tests but was prepared for that.
2017-12-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

congrats, fly safe!
2017-12-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-8 17:48
Nice, congrats on the PT 107 Cert !  Agreed, test was challenging for sure.  That's what makes these exams tricky you never know what you're going to get. I too saw questions that I never saw of the practice tests but was prepared for that.

you do know the idea is to learn the material not to learn the test...
2017-12-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Well done congratulations
2017-12-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-8 15:30
Aloha Chris,

Congratulations, now comes the hard part - remembering what you learned!  Remember algebra, when wIll I ever need this stuff in my life?  Well, you will need to rememeber the 25 questions (and the rest) that you never saw before the test.  All is good though for the next 2 years until you have to do it all over again.  

It's a wonder I CRS
2017-12-8
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-8 18:02

Hey where have you been on a remote island sipping on a margarita ?  

I'd rather not only learn the material but do well taking those practice exams.
2017-12-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-8 19:00
Hey where have you been on a remote island sipping on a margarita ?  

Yes I was spirited away to an unknown location on the Korean peninsula...
Now I'm sipping Pina Coladas in a much better location...LMAO
No I"ve been busy doing my other job working with the Boy Scouts, seriously

OK rock on learning your thing!
2017-12-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Chris, Well Done, you have done very well, I hope to try that soon myself, but only when I can afford it. Keep flying safe Chris.
2017-12-9
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Well done.
2017-12-9
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Congratulations !!
2017-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job welcome on board great achievement...
2017-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-8 19:13
Yes I was spirited away to an unknown location on the Korean peninsula...
Now I'm sipping Pina Coladas in a much better location...LMAO
No I"ve been busy doing my other job working with the Boy Scouts, seriously

Teaching Boy Scouts to make pina coladas , dib dib dib, lol
2017-12-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-9 10:26
Teaching Boy Scouts to make pina coladas , dib dib dib, lol

That is very funny
...Sans the Rum of course...Ya gotta Make It Fun
2017-12-9
Use props
Fastnine
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-8 18:02

yes however there is stuff on the test that have zero to do with what the FAA wants in real life, such as you need to know how to talk to ATC? As a drone pilot your not even allowed to call the tower lol. How many of us if  any of us will be flying IN a airport were you need to know taxiways. And I think most of us know what a thunderstorm looks like without having to know 87 ways to know how they form or why...I was not wanting to learn how to be a meteorologist lol . I get why alot of it was on the test but some of it was overkill. High altitude ice pellets lol ? were only legal to 400ft.
2017-12-9
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Fastnine Posted at 2017-12-9 12:13
yes however there is stuff on the test that have zero to do with what the FAA wants in real life, such as you need to know how to talk to ATC? As a drone pilot your not even allowed to call the tower lol. How many of us if  any of us will be flying IN a airport were you need to know taxiways. And I think most of us know what a thunderstorm looks like without having to know 87 ways to know how they form or why...I was not wanting to learn how to be a meteorologist lol . I get why alot of it was on the test but some of it was overkill. High altitude ice pellets lol ? were only legal to 400ft.

Seriously good points...my thought is they were trying to separate the wheat from the chaff...you know, if it were easy everyone would have it...
Also, not to completely defend the FAA, but this whole drone thing is in the middle of taking off in a very big way and I suspect their licensing of drone operators does not consider just those with a Phantom but ones that can and will fly high and far.  So one size fits all here, I guess.
Just be lucky that you did not have to take the pilot's tests, you'd end up being a junior meteorologist amongst other things...
2017-12-9
Use props
Fastnine
lvl.1
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-9 12:21
Seriously good points...my thought is they were trying to separate the wheat from the chaff...you know, if it were easy everyone would have it...
Also, not to completely defend the FAA, but this whole drone thing is in the middle of taking off in a very big way and I suspect their licensing of drone operators does not consider just those with a Phantom but ones that can and will fly high and far.  So one size fits all here, I guess.
Just be lucky that you did not have to take the pilot's tests, you'd end up being a junior meteorologist amongst other things...

I do agree on the bulk of what was on the test , due to even with a P4p at 500 meters high your about 1600ft up and that can be a big issue depending were you are..My one big issue with this whole FAA thing is every Joe can fly to 500m with a store bought p4p. So those of us who are card holding 107 pilots had to spend $150 and time to take this test to take wedding video yet anyone can say I fly for hobby and still gets the same drone perfomace. There are issues with this if the FAA main concern is safety for manned aircraft .  Getting paid is were they draw the line on part 107 needed or not and getting paid has zero to do with how safe you are with your drone. And the FAA setting 400ft at the limit across the bord for hobby or not how does that make people want to take the test and get a 107?
2017-12-9
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

congratulations
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules