No Fly Zone question.
509 13 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

I updated the dji go app and I am getting a steady red on the front lights. There must be some way to get around the no fly zone where I live because the whole town is within the 5 mile radius. I took the knowledge quiz and need a little help to get around the blocked from flying mode. Had alot of problems downloading and thought the iPad was messed up. So I deleted the app (bad move as I see now) and lost all my videos. Is it possible to get them back on my iPad? The micro SD car is still in the camera, and the videos are still on my PC.
HELP ON THIS PLEASE.
2017-12-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Steady red on the front lamps is exactly what you want.  When you don't see steady red on the front lamps, that's when you should worry.  

On the older (P2 series) Phantoms, the front lamps would be off until you started the motors and sped them up until slightly above idle.  Then the front lamps would go on.  I'm not sure how that works on your Phantom, but either way, they should be steady red in flight.  

Re the NFZ problem, I recommend you consult your manual.  The ease and ability to fly in an airport zone depends on the airport and also the distance.  
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

OK, thank you, haven't flown for some time now because of rain. What are your thoughts on the rest of my message that I just added?
2017-12-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Are you trying to fly without the app?  
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

It isn't in the manual because it is something brand new for us where dji shuts the aircraft off inside the 5 mile radius. Actually it doesn't shut it down, it just won't let it get airborne.
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-8 17:37
Are you trying to fly without the app?

No i am using the app all the time
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

It's kind of weird, then the message came on the screen, I noticed that when I looked at the battery information, all the boxes that show the voltage were blank and no total voltage posted either. I can't be the only one experiencing this hopefully. I live on an island in SE Alaska and this seems to be a little strange to have this problem in such a remote area.
2017-12-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

SITKAMICK Posted at 2017-12-8 17:40
It isn't in the manual because it is something brand new for us where dji shuts the aircraft off inside the 5 mile radius. Actually it doesn't shut it down, it just won't let it get airborne.

I just searched and it's showing 13 references to "no fly"

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.4.pdf
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-8 17:46
I just searched and it's showing 13 references to "no fly"

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170623/Phantom+3+Standard+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf

Yes, I am aware of those when I first got and read the manual. This seems to be something new that I have never seen before. Maybe there is something else that I have overlooked.
2017-12-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I bet it's cold.  You need to fly with a WARM battery.  At least 25 C is what they're saying now.  Otherwise you are courting disaster.  That might be your problem.  
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Well there must have been some kind of glitch involved here, I am not able to get it to repeat itself again so possibly it's going to be alright? Still wondering if I can get the past videos back on the iPad though so I could try out the new and improved editing program.
2017-12-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Regarding the lost videos on your phone, unless you have edited them on the phone, the originals should all be still available on the SD card in the aircraft. In fact, the ones on the phone are reduced quality, only 720p resolution, while the ones on the SD card are high quality. So no real loss.
2017-12-8
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

By deleting the dji go app and reinstalling it, I lost all my videos on the iPad. They are still on my iPhone but it would be much better or easier to edit them on the iPad I believe. Just need to find a way to get them back on the iPad that's all.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, so now you want to get the videos back to the editor, right? If the videos have backed up on the PC, you can connect the iPad to the PC, move the videos to your PC's local album, then go to Editor to import it. Resolutions below 3840*2160 can be imported and edited with the latest iOS app. See if it helps.
BTW, when you need to delete the app next time, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. Thank you.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules