I need MY p4 back
1238 8 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I sent my p4 out for repair a few days ago because of cracks. I now realize that I have a bit of a problem. I have insurance on my drone so I need to make sure I get mine back and not somebody else's nevermore the fact that it's flawless except for the cracks. I don't want someone else's scratched up crash repaired p4. I want mine back repaired. How can I make that happen?
http://Got a bit of an issue
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Duchunter, the RC might be replaced if needed, could you please provide me with your case number? I will try to help to check the details and forward your requirement to the local team.
2017-12-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

What do you mean "the rc can be replaced"? I don't know my case number. I'm gonna have to ask online support what it is when they open tomorrow unless you can tell me where to find it.
2017-12-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I didn't send in the rc, I sent in the ac. If it's replaced I loose the insurance that I have on it. I mean I would rather just get mine back. If they want to send me a new one I'm ok with that but I don't want someone else's crash repaired p4. I've heard horror stories about getting people getting scratched up damaged drones back from repair. My p4 is 4 months old and it's flawless other than the cracks that I didn't cause, the same cracks every p4 has.it just needs one half of the shell replaced and the legs.
2017-12-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Pics of damage
20171129_094620.jpg
20171129_094814.jpg
20171129_094842.jpg
2017-12-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI support is not open so I can't get my case number. Why it wasn't emailed to me I have no idea.
2017-12-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Might should have had a note taped to the AC , but would probably not have made any difference.  Good luck on getting the same one back.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

If the serial is stamped on the shell and they replace it, it will change.  Doubt if they have a press to stamp on the same number as the old one.  Just tell your insurance they changed it under warranty and gave you a new number.

This happens with a DSLR camera you drop where the serial is stamped on the bottom plate and they change the bottom plate although it is still 99% your old camera, just a new bottom plate and new number.  Nikon service isn't gong to stamp on a new serial number in their repair facility as they aren't set up to be a manufacturing plant.  Tell insurance the number has changed.  This is going to happen with the FAA registrations too if it comes down to that stuff again and more strict with the serial tied to the FAA number.  FAA will need a provision to do that mess.

2017-12-9
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

It's not actually stamped on the shells. It's printed on a sticker attached to the inside battery tray, the Grey trellis frame that the battery slides into. Should be able to fix it without replacing the battery tray. I don't see why they would but who knows. I've seen repair orders with parts listed that had nothing to do with the actual repair. I think they just do a complete rebuild on every return and send them back to whoever is next in cue.  I have also heard of people getting their drone back so I guess it just depends, on what I have no idea. I sure would like to get mine back those. This one is damn near new. I mean it was a dji refurbished when I got it but it showed no evidence that it had ever been flown. It's literally flawless except for the cracks. It doesn't have 20 flights on it. I sure would like to have it back plus it has 0602 on it so it actually still works. God only knows what a different drone might have on it.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules