1262 7 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

After almost a year of flying I finally bent my Mavic.  I had purchased DJI Care Refresh and since it was my fault, I opted for the express fix.  I sent in my drone and had a replacement in about 10 days.  

I  sync’d up the replacement drone with my controller, calibrated it and took it for a short test flight.  The Mavic hovered at 10 meters for about 45 seconds then spun out of control and crashed.  I have no idea as to what could have happened.  In check the aircraft data it found this replacement was manufactured 12/2016 making it 3 months older than my drone.  So I was sent an older, defective Mavic as a replacement.

I called DJI but they seemed more concerned with me using my final Care Refresh instead of warranty.  Is this the experience anyone else has had?  I have sent this junk replacement back under warranty.  I dont feel like I should have to pay another replacement fee.

Any thoughts?

2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, I am sorry for your unpleasant experience, that could be really frustrated. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can help to check more info about it? Sincerely feel regretful again for your trouble.
2017-12-8
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes sir it is very frustrating.  Especially because I have had such positive experiences up to this point.  I originally sent my Mavic in about 3 weeks ago due to a small crash.  I used my first Care Refresh (express) and I was sent a new (refurbished?) Mavic ( Case # CAS-1253041-L1n0Z0).  Upon receiving this drone, I made a physical inspection of the drone.  I found the arm extension felt soft and not as snappy as my prior Mavic.  Also, when installing the props they too felt 'different' than what I knew to be on my prior drone.  With my prior drone I have flown it over 150 times and have approx 50 hours, so I have some experience with the Mavic.

I then took the new Mavic out for a quick test flight.  I sent the drone up 10 meters and let it hover.  After about 50 seconds it went into a spin and crashed.  I was not inputting any actions at the time of the crash.

I contacted DJI support immediately and told them of my experience.  The person helping me said he would get a new drone out to me - express.  I told him this was a defect and not a DJI care issue.  He would not say it would be warranty and said there would be a charge for the express.  I turned down this service and entered my own repair/service order  CAS-1287772-G9W2V4.  At no time did any support person offer me service other than DJI Care service even though this issue was not my fault.

I have been a loyal customer with DJI.  I have purchased 4 drones (Phantom3, Phantom 4, Mavic, Spark) in the past.  I purchased the DJI care for the Mavic.  When i originally sent in the Mavic for the express service, the damage was MY fault.  I accept that and pid.  But this latest issue issue to a DJI manufacturing defect.  I should be supplied with a replacement without having to pay more for a Mavic I rightly deserve.

One last thing.  The Mavic I was sent from my DJI Care was refurbished and 3 months older than my Mavic (manufactured 12/2016.)  I would appreciate it if you are going to send me a replacement that it be as new or newer than my original Mavic.  That is only fair.

i have boxed up my crashed Mavic and controller and sent it back as I was requested to do when I put in my service request.  I hope to hear something positive about my Mavic within 7-10 days (CAS-1287772-G9W2V4)

Thank you

Mickey Pullen
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MFPullen Posted at 2017-12-9 14:13
Yes sir it is very frustrating.  Especially because I have had such positive experiences up to this point.  I originally sent my Mavic in about 3 weeks ago due to a small crash.  I used my first Care Refresh (express) and I was sent a new (refurbished?) Mavic ( Case # CAS-1253041-L1n0Z0).  Upon receiving this drone, I made a physical inspection of the drone.  I found the arm extension felt soft and not as snappy as my prior Mavic.  Also, when installing the props they too felt 'different' than what I knew to be on my prior drone.  With my prior drone I have flown it over 150 times and have approx 50 hours, so I have some experience with the Mavic.

I then took the new Mavic out for a quick test flight.  I sent the drone up 10 meters and let it hover.  After about 50 seconds it went into a spin and crashed.  I was not inputting any actions at the time of the crash.

Mickey, I understand your frustration. I would suggest to send it in for data analysis to check the exact reason. Per the case number you offered, the package is on the way, the local team will take care once it arrived. We will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the data analysis result. Free of charge will be provided if it is a warranty case, no worries. Again, we sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-12-9
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-9 18:31
Mickey, I understand your frustration. I would suggest to send it in for data analysis to check the exact reason. Per the case number you offered, the package is on the way, the local team will take care once it arrived. We will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the data analysis result. Free of charge will be provided if it is a warranty case, no worries. Again, we sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

UPS shows delivery by 12/19/2017.  i guess the holiday season is slowing things down.  What is the typical timeline for evaluation and replace once the Mavic is received?
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MFPullen Posted at 2017-12-10 12:17
UPS shows delivery by 12/19/2017.  i guess the holiday season is slowing things down.  What is the typical timeline for evaluation and replace once the Mavic is received?

The general repair turnaround is 5-7 business days. As your case needs data analysis, I'm afraid that it will take longer time. We will keep follow up the status and update for you. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2017-12-11
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 22:19
The general repair turnaround is 5-7 business days. As your case needs data analysis, I'm afraid that it will take longer time. We will keep follow up the status and update for you. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

I. Want to give you support guys a big shout out.  You really took care of me in the last couple constants.  You have a customer for life now.  Thanks for all the help and attention.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-3 06:36
I. Want to give you support guys a big shout out.  You really took care of me in the last couple constants.  You have a customer for life now.  Thanks for all the help and attention.

Thanks for keeping us updated. We are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, enjoy it and hope you have a good time on flying.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules