Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TOZO after market signal *Reflectors?
1240 14 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sednalb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30653 ft
United States

Sorry about my previous post, i mislead in the by saying amplifiers; What i meant to say was the TOZO Signal Relfectors,  And yes they fit on the p4p and p4p+ controllers,  Thing is the signal reflectors that mount onto the anntena have to be in a fixed forward position.  I can fold it up towards me wondering if i loosed the 2 atenna and moving them 180 degrees opposite, i can then fold it down to relflect out?  I am in no way of supporting this addon or have any stake in it, was given to me as a present and just wondering feedback from everyone.  I feel Like they may inhibit in certain angles if i can not angle it down?

TOZO Reflectors in the "flat position"

TOZO Reflectors in the "flat position"

Folded Towards me.

Folded Towards me.
2017-12-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

They needs to be installed 180 degrees from what you have now. Then the antennas must be vertical, so the reflectors point away from you. But in any event, looking at the reflections in the brass,, which look quite distorted, they probably won't do any good anyway.
2017-12-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Are you sure you didnt put them on upside down as well as backwards i found with mine there is a correct way up otherwise they dont fit correctly and will distort the reflectors. The slot the antenna go into on the reflectors is slightly larger on one end
2017-12-9
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

And  geebax is correct both your antenna need to point straight up with the reflector pointing away from you. If you do use these then you will need to be facing the drone at all times otherwise you will loose signal easily. They are very directional
2017-12-9
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

This is how it should look
20171209_183814.jpg
2017-12-9
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Front view
2017-12-9
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Ooops try that
20171209_184118.jpg
2017-12-9
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Notice you can see the reflection of the antennas the less distortion in that reflection will give you a much better quality signal
2017-12-9
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-9 00:46
Notice you can see the reflection of the antennas the less distortion in that reflection will give you a much better quality signal

Thanks for that mate, i went full idiot in my brain after a long week of work i just flipped it around
2017-12-9
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-9 00:46

the reason i had them on that way is i like to rather aim my remote down then up when flying, old habit from RC flying
2017-12-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes - I've seen photos with the deflectors on backwards and upside down.  I just checked and yeah, they're on this product and other products too.  The idea is you're supposed to bend the antenna down instead of up and then fly with the antennas upside down.  Seems weird to me though.  Also, my P3P controller antenna won't twist upside down.  So the whole thing seems silly.

Another thing that's interesting is the seller is using Erskine's original windsurfer copyright design from fifteen years ago to promote their product.

2017-12-9
Use props
sednalb
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-9 03:33
Yes - I've seen photos with the deflectors on backwards and upside down.  I just checked and yeah, they're on this product and other products too.  The idea is you're supposed to bend the antenna down instead of up and then fly with the antennas upside down.  Seems weird to me though.  Also, my P3P controller antenna won't twist upside down.  So the whole thing seems silly.

[view_image]

It snowed here, and i was busy with my business, going to try it out tomorrow.
2017-12-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-8 23:00
They needs to be installed 180 degrees from what you have now. Then the antennas must be vertical, so the reflectors point away from you. But in any event, looking at the reflections in the brass,, which look quite distorted, they probably won't do any good anyway.

What happens if your trying for an altitude record and the AC is directly above you ?

Installed facing upwards would work in this case
2017-12-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-12-9 22:40
What happens if your trying for an altitude record and the AC is directly above you ?

Not at all, the worst position for good reception is to fly the aicraft directly above you, because the antennas in the legs of the aircraft point downwards. You can add all manner of antenna modifications to the RC unit, but usually no-one modifies the aircraft, and that is the weakest point.
2017-12-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-9 22:40

Haha reminds me of this old vid from 2014

But Geebax is right of course, the controller is in a dead area of the Phantom's receiving antenna when you go straight up unless you do a mod to the AC

You can see he almost lost it at around the 8:30 mark going forward ... and at 8:51 you get a glimpse of the legs and it looks like he might have done an AC antenna mod... can't tell for sure but that's what it looks like

2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules