Losing connection in flight
939 5 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elspedo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Afternoon,

I've had my phantom 2 for about 6 months now and its developed an issue which seems to be getting worse.

On switching the drone on it now has flashing yellow lights but will still fly, it just has an intermitent issue of seemingly losing connection with the controller when flying and going off in a random direction for about 5 seconds before regaining connection.

Annoyingly the phantom 2 software doesn't seem to work with the latest version of the mac OS, it will charge the drone but wont pick up that its actually connected to the app to diagnose the problem that way.

I have a hunch it was crashed by the previous owner as the gimbal appears to be bent to one side by a couple of mm, have got the top off now to see if it's something lose but doesnt seem to be anything that I can see.

Any help is appreciated as doesn't feel safe flying it when it coul randomly cut out at any point.

Cheers
2017-12-9
Use props
Elspedo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, been out and managed re-link the transmitter and re-calibrated the compass and all lights go green, drone gets maybe 100m away and then flashes yellow and initiates return to home, some kind of transmitter issue?
2017-12-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Flashing yellow lamps in the tail lamps means there is no control signal being sensed by the Phantom.  It's hard to diagnose further - it could be a lot of things.  Bad transmitter.  Bad receiver.  Interference.  
2017-12-9
Use props
Elspedo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for reply, I've just been out with it and (it may just be a coincidence) I've noticed that it flies ok until the wifi on my GoPro goes out of range 70-100m and then I seem to get the flashing yellow lights.

Is there any chance the go-pro trying to reconnect to wifi is in some way interfering with the phantom and causing it to cut out?

Thanks
2017-12-12
Use props
Elspedo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, i've done a little research and this video:

Seems to prove what I had thought, so new question.

What's the best way to see what my go pro (hero 4 silver) is shooting without connecting it the go pro app via my phone?

Thanks again
2017-12-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Thanks for share ..
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now