Smatree Charging Station
2525 7 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Has anyone purchased the Smatree SP90 charging station?  It charges up to 6 batteries on a single charge...three at a time...three in 40 minutes...this is what they advertise.  I'm just wondering if anyone out there has one and what your experience has been.
2017-12-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Here is a review, it worries me that there were reports of fires on amazon with photos, might have been a bad batch of units, but there are a lot of people happy with theirs from the reviews.
For the price of the charging bases I would probably get an extra 3 spark batteries (weighs less and takes up less room) or just get the DJI spark charging base or one those battery packs that can power the spark ac chargers like the ravpower 27000 or the omnicharge 2.0

http://unlimitedrone.com/2017/11 ... g-station-face-off/

https://www.ravpower.com/ravpowe ... C-Outlet-black.html
https://www.omnicharge.co/products/omni-20

I use the omnicharge because it's a bit more portable for backpacking than the ravpower model, and for the safety protection system

2017-12-9
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-9 10:18
Here is a review, it worries me that there were reports of fires on amazon with photos, might have been a bad batch of units, but there are a lot of people happy with theirs from the reviews.
For the price of the charging bases I would probably get an extra 3 spark batteries (weighs less and takes up less room) or just get the DJI spark charging base or one those battery packs that can power the spark ac chargers like the ravpower 27000 or the omnicharge 2.0

I was told by Smatree they had gotten some bogus reviews...they directed me to a video that shows the unit has auto shutoff for overheat or shorting.
2017-12-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-12-9 10:52
I was told by Smatree they had gotten some bogus reviews...they directed me to a video that shows the unit has auto shutoff for overheat or shorting.

I guess there was a malfunction in this case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smatree ... oller/dp/B075K2VBNN
2017-12-9
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
United States

That's why I'm trying to talk to someone that has one.  Smatree is telling me someone is purposely writing bad reviews...that their product has several failsafes...it would be nice if this is a good product.  Charges more batteries much faster than DJI's...and is $10 cheaper.  I think it's smaller, too.  
2017-12-9
Use props
Funnone
lvl.3
United States

I personally would not use any other charger then DJI, your not talking about a R/C car but something we fly 300 ft in the air and 3/4 of a mile away. it just don't Justify the time saved on charging the batteries Quicker.
2017-12-9
Use props
lasorey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148438 ft
Netherlands

I have 1 now for a week or so. works really well, is small, properly build and doesnt produce any significant heat. batteries are around 27 degrees celsius when they are freshly charged sow you can fly right away. when the battery is empty and above 40 degrees it wont charge, ater couple minutes it started charging.  i tried battery wich was 37 degrees and began charging right away. and i think the 8100 mah is really accurate, may be even more.

only downside imo is the slow charging time. if you store it at 50% you have to plug it in to have a full powerbank at 9 AM. and if you decide not go flying, you have to practicly charge every device you have in house to get it to 50% again.
2017-12-29
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I got one...long charge time but works great...took less than an hour to charge three batts...was able to charge six batteries that had 20% charge to begin with.  Small size is good for travel.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules