System Error (red light) after firmware update
7664 18 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

Hi all, is someone having problem after doing the update to today's firmware?

its my first time doing it, but i think i did it well, all the .txt files said "success" and beeping/light reported the same

but now i turned on mi controller with app connected, turned on my aircraft and after re calibrating the compass, the tail led still red and aircraft status in app said "system error"

what do i miss?
what i have to do?

PD: after i updated controller and checked all the txt files, i did format again on my sd, but i remember i had to update my other 2 batteries so i put again only .bin file, could that be messing around?

help please!
2015-4-15
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

I had this too.  power up the motors, minus the props of course. and you will get a message about resetting some options after the upgrade, agree to this and you are good to go.

Good luck.

Jason
2015-4-15
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United States

it is telling you to do a compass calibration
2015-4-15
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

hi ph02on i will try that, now i remember i read something about motors are locked after update, i hope is that

fully, i already did compass calibration

thanks for reply
2015-4-15
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

ph02on my savior, it returned to green thanks a lot, sorry if it was a newbie problem, but i just have it for 2 weeks and it was my first update

<3
2015-4-15
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, I had the same issue AFTER my compass calibration, it is just the motors that need unlocking

Jason
2015-4-15
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Yup...Same issue..Red light until I did a Compass Calibration then the universe unfolded as it should....BTW...Just finished 3 flights with the new firmware and this is the first time since I bought the I1 with about 100 flights under my belt that I have not had any GPS drop out on about 50 minutes of flight time with three batteries...Flight is a lot more stable and I frequently checked the channel spectrum...As well for the first time all channels were Green across the spectrum and stayed that way...Toilet bowl effect gone..The bird stayed stable and stayed put when in a hover except for altitiude...It seemed to drift up and down about 10ft  and the altitude was off about 10ft.   Will redo IMU to see if this will address the issue...Temp was about 12C with slight winds 8K/hr gusting ocassionally to 12Km/hr...My first impessions are that DJI has gone a long way to addressing the GPS drop out issues ...Thank You DJI and keep it coming...
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Flew my Inspire yesterday for the 2nd time I've had it. (I got it last week after I spent the money in November 2014). Great flight; time of my life.

Saw the firmware update and did that this morning.  Inspire appeared (by .txt file) that it updated but my RC Controller will not update.  I followed the instructions to the letter and was even advised by a DJI tech chat person that the solid red light showing on the RC Controller after update meant that it update properly. After I proved him wrong it was on to calling Tech Support.

Called Tech Support.  Nice guy.  Told me to re-format my SD card, install the .bin file and try again.  Yea . . . . . didn't work.

I NOW love watching it sit on the floor.  Its so nice looking.  OH, no . . . .sorry, I can't make any more videos for a while, DJI had a firmware update.  Sorry about that.  (lost business, lost business, lost business . . . . .)

If they won't give me a refund or fix my problem today, I will never update firmware again.  IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

Compass Calibration . . . . . .NOPE. Can't get the quad to calibrate after update.
2015-4-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

...My sentiments EXACTLY..."
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

HELLO????????  DJI . . . . . . . . . . . . fix my $2900 quad that worked perfectly yesterday but does not today after installing the 1.2.1 update.  I thought updates made things better . . . .not make things inoperative.
2015-4-16
Use props
VIDIUS
New

United States

I have the error still. Although it says "compass error" it does not allow me to calibrate it. When I click past the agreement to make sure magnets are not around, nothing happens. Need help asap.
2015-4-16
Use props
thumpinhard
lvl.2

United States

I have a friends and mine that were updated last night.
All files said success.
Both birds had compass error.
Mine will calibrate horizontally but nose down never changes from the yellow light.the other bird will do horizontal and turns red nose down..it will not go yellow now.
Also,I do not see an IMU calibration option on the Mac app anymore?
I did see something saying calibrate under advanced in sensors..but it did nothing...any ideas?
2015-4-16
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

SELL IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-4-16
Use props
mjstover35
New

United States

Hello, I had the same issue and I eventually got it to calibrate. I took for test flight and started out fine and then started flying erratic and I had to have a hard landing in a bush. It's absurd that my bird was fine and an update caused me this problem. My camera turns on and spins fine like usual but 1 second after it completes it looses function and just hangs there with the beeping update starting back up after it told me on the .txt that it was successful
2015-5-1
Use props
itoieto
New

Russia

captdkp Posted at 2015-4-17 01:15
Flew my Inspire yesterday for the 2nd time I've had it. (I got it last week after I spent the money  ...

Hello! Try to download .bin file to USB  (2.0!) Flash drive (NOT TO SD!) My RC didn't want to be updated by means of the card reader with SD, but was instantly updated through a usual USB flash drive. Good luck, man!
2015-5-1
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
United States

itoieto Posted at 2015-5-2 10:39
Hello! Try to download .bin file to USB  (2.0!) Flash drive (NOT TO SD!) My RC didn't want to be u ...

Tried that too but no dice.  Got an RMA and sent it to LA.  They got it on April 23 and I haven't heard a word yet.  Sent 3 emails asking for status . . . .NO RESPONSE.
2015-5-11
Use props
bho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19577 ft
  • >>>
United States

captdkp Posted at 2015-5-12 11:00
Tried that too but no dice.  Got an RMA and sent it to LA.  They got it on April 23 and I haven't  ...

Same problem here, upgraded firmware, txt file said success, now have red light and can't calibrate compass. Turned into a brick.. Called DJI Support, no help there, said return unit to vendor. Anybody tried to load previous version of firmware (downgrade)? Anyway to do a system reset? Any solutions other then sending back?
2015-5-13
Use props
bho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19577 ft
  • >>>
United States

bho@lanl.gov Posted at 2015-5-13 20:32
Same problem here, upgraded firmware, txt file said success, now have red light and can't calibrat ...

Here is what I found that fixed my problem. I figured before I sent it back I would try one more thing. At the time that I upgraded the firmware on the aircraft and started having problems I hadn't upgraded the firmware on the RC unit so I figured it was at least worth trying to upgrade the RC unit. After the RC upgrade I took unit outside and then turned it on and now rather than a steady red I was now getting a red/white flashing, so this was something different. Status had changed then I was able to do the compass calibration.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules