SD Card disconnect midflight?
2007 15 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

I recently purchased the Phantom 3 SE... everything is working fine, except for the fact that after flying around and recording for like around 5-10 minutes, it's like the camera disconnects to the SD Card. I can't rerecord and the whole screen that displays the information of the card goes gray. The only solution I've found is to bring the drone down, power off, remove the card and reinsert it back. I use a 64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC UHS-3 Card, which has the specs for the camera.
Anyone else experience this issue? Are there any possible solutions? I'm thinking about changing the maximum file size for the videos, but that doesn't solve the fact that the MicroSD seems to disconnect.

2017-12-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Not sure what you mean by "MicroSD seems to disconnect."  You mean the video recording stops at that point?  Or the FPV stops?
2017-12-9
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I would try a different card.heres what I use https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XWMQ81P/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-12-9
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-9 13:53
Not sure what you mean by "MicroSD seems to disconnect."  You mean the video recording stops at that point?  Or the FPV stops?

Yeah, the video stops recording and I can't take any more pictures or record any more videos. it's like the camera doesn't detect the card
2017-12-9
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-9 13:57
I would try a different card.heres what I use https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XWMQ81P/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is exactly what I use, but just the 64gb version... I tried a Samsung card and haven't had much luck with that either
2017-12-9
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

When you say you haven’t had much luck with the Samsung card does that do exactly the same? I would format the card and record some video without flying the drone to see if it does it just sat there..
2017-12-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

+1

Whenever you use a new SD card, you would be wise to use the device's format function to format the card before you begin using the card.  This is true for phantoms or any other device that uses an SD card.
2017-12-9
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-9 16:10
+1

Whenever you use a new SD card, you would be wise to use the device's format function to format the card before you begin using the card.  This is true for phantoms or any other device that uses an SD card.

Yes, I have formatted the card multiple times!
2017-12-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ICDroneSE Posted at 2017-12-9 16:19
Yes, I have formatted the card multiple times!

Yes, but did you do it in the aircraft? And I would re-iterate AlanHD's comment about recording some video while it is on the bench to see what happens.
2017-12-9
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-9 16:44
Yes, but did you do it in the aircraft? And I would re-iterate AlanHD's comment about recording some video while it is on the bench to see what happens.

Yeah, in the aircraft. I will look into recording while not in flight... the gimbal seems to warm up if idling though... is this fine?
2017-12-10
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Update: After doing multiple dry runs after formatting... I have found that the video stops recording at around 1:30 for both mp4 and MOV files... could this be a problem with the camera? Should I get the drone replaced?
2017-12-10
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If this is doing it consistently with different cards and and on the bench then it does suggest a fault on your drone, one last thing you could check is try record something at a lower resolution and see if it does it and also maybe try refresh the firmware on the drone.
2017-12-10
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-10 09:49
If this is doing it consistently with different cards and and on the bench then it does suggest a fault on your drone, one last thing you could check is try record something at a lower resolution and see if it does it and also maybe try refresh the firmware on the drone.

It's interesting however, because on the first flight, I was able to record for around 10 minutes... I need to do some more testing. I have never crashed this drone. I will also test out recording on a lower resolution, as I've been recording mostly at 4k/30fps.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans27c32fe0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11391 ft
Italy

Anch'io ho gli stessi problemi di registrazione con il mio phantom 3 se ,la registrazione si interrompe dopo alcuni minuti o addirittura secondi ,io uso una sd card Samsung Evo plus da 64 GB ,e davvero frustrante non riuscire a risolvere , qualcuno al riguardo può aiutarmi?
2018-1-5
Use props
MDC
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
France

Experiencing exactly the same problem with my brand new P3 SE with highest standards SD card. Recording stops after abt 1 or 2 minutes with message "SD card invalid"
Tried everything, including replacing SD card, formating, changing the resolution etc.
At the end, contacted DJI support who told me to return the drone !
Obviously, this issue occurs frequently with P3 SE. Wondering even if not with all of them as clearly something wrong DJI side with this version.
2018-1-17
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 2017-12-10 07:42
Yeah, in the aircraft. I will look into recording while not in flight... the gimbal seems to warm up if idling though... is this fine?

Its always GOOD to point a small fan at the Gimbal to keep it from over heating...They get hot and in the air the props cool it down !
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules