Drone shot down by Landowner - spoof?
1602 15 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

I think this was a "made up" video for the media.

Aircraft looks to be a Syma X5C. ( I learned on one)

My skeptism: - Syma video quality is not good and NO fpv - and shown drone video is centered like FPV flown and pretty clear and steady.
Second issue - the area that is covered is pretty vast - not sure Syma range is that great without mods.

I think video was faked/spoofed

Inside Edition - Drone shot down by Landowner

What are your thoughts?
Brian
2015-4-15
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Looks like it to me. When the gunner shot it down the camera on the Syma was unrealistically cracked and then it fuzzed out.
2015-4-15
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I think it is a prank to draw attention to his business.  It's all a setup.  How many people actually follow someone coming out of his house with their phone recording it all?
2015-4-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

What a nut.....the things people do for a buck
2015-4-15
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

It would interesting if the police saw that and charged him with a crime. I also can't imagine if it was real that the owner would not have called the police.
2015-4-15
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Yeah, I ain't buying it. Not only does the way the camera went out look odd but had the shot even hit the camera like that it probably would have taken out the SD card too.

Jerry
2015-4-15
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Looks staged to me and the guy looks 'off' during the interview.  Something isn't right.
2015-4-15
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

He happens to have previously owned a drone, which he doesn't show to the camera crew.
His friend happens to be running behind with a cell phone.
The "cracked lens" and fuzziness is pretty fake-looking to me.  Cracked lenses produce a lack of focus, not clear lines at the cracks.
That drone had onboard audio?
He happens to call Inside Edition about it... Even though he's probably committed a crime, and even though he thinks "his problem is already solved".
Nobody came forward to claim the drone and recover damages?  I would have!
2015-4-15
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Definitely a setup IMO.
2015-4-15
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I think the video is from a Phantom then another drone was used as the target. Interesting how the camera is lined up on him when he shoots. Here is a screen print of the "cracked" camera lens.

drone shot.png
2015-4-15
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

It's a wonder this guy didn't get shot down...

http://www.politico.com/story/20 ... capitol-117002.html
2015-4-16
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

A spoof on the internet?  NO WAY!!!  It is a reenactment or a spoof.  Either way, so what?
2015-4-16
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Totally fake
2015-4-16
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

The Syma wouldn't have FPV so how could the pilot see him come out of the house with a shotgun and fly away and if he did why would the pilot stop and turn around so the camera is facing the guy with the gun just waiting for him to shoot it.

He also said he didn't have a drone but a drone took the video of his sign you can see the shadow.
2015-4-16
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-16 23:50
It's a wonder this guy didn't get shot down...

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/gyrocopter-lan ...

He really is lucky.  What a moron.  Sorry, I don't care what your cause is, what he did is just asinine.
2015-4-16
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Who would want to do business with a guy like that?  Likely a liar.......And even if it was true who would want to do business with him? Can you believe that he received an anonymous call about the UAV?  Did anyone watch his body language when he said that?
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules