WTF DJI! BIG FING PROBLEM
1752 15 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

last firmware update put pretty much all of where i live and have been flying AS OF YESTERDAY a no fly zone. San diego near north island military base and Lindbergh Field and the worlds largest r/c eletric flying club.... all no fly zone....
you guys need to do some major back tracking on this last one and change some numbers around RIGHT FING NOW. im already clearing the firmware back to the last update. what are you guys thinking?????

now i gotta fly with my wifi turned off on my tablet so your dumb app doesnt know there is a update that will force me to drive 20 minuts from my house to fly my inspire. you guys are really stupid,

not once in the history of r/c san diego or anywhere that i know of has someone flown a aircraft into controlled airspace like an airport or military base.. pull your heads out of your asses.
2015-4-15
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Slow down and maybe just try to choose a little bit your words. There are still peoples thinking that a discussion can be constructive and positive and by the way reach the objectif...
2015-4-15
Use props
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

nope, this was done deliberately, it's not a mistake it wasn't by accident. FIX IT NOW!!!!!!
2015-4-15
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Why do you need wireless?
2015-4-15
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

And just how are you 'clearing the firmware back to the last update?'
There is no roll back feature available to the end user!
2015-4-15
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Wow, maybe they should restrict sales of these to adults................
2015-4-15
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

This no fly zone thing is out of hand.  The majority of flyers exercise responsibility and self governance but because of the few, all these "safety" features, without any law enforcement mandates, (in the U.S. anyway) are being implemented.  I don't think he needs to slow down at all.  It's been one thing after another with these things.  They need to remove that function all together and let the authorities deal with the stupid few.  
2015-4-15
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's the authorities which are requesting these no fly zones. DJI aren't picking these at random. They based the original list in stats, runway length, aircraft movements probably. Since then authorities have been requesting zone size increases, new zones etc. So, it's probably your FAA who has requested the zone. Have fun chewing your words on here, it will make no difference. If you don't like it, change platforms.
2015-4-15
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

While I can understand the argument from the perspective of less regulation and more freedom, this really is a classic political argument in the fact that this technology has been regulated, not by government (yet), but still regulated, and there are a few people who screwed it up for everyone else.  Any time you partake in an industry or activity that has regulatory bodies, you subject yourself to said regulation and, if you are being logical, cannot argue with this fact.  You do have options out there, the Inspire 1 is not the only UaS on the market and if you are not happy with how it performs, how the company handles their business, or how the company interacts with its customers, then you are free to leave.  Everyone cries more freedom, less restriction, yet the fact of the matter is you have the ultimate freedom of choice and you are choosing not to exercise that freedom but instead to complain about it.  Not trying to ramble just saying, this is a private company, they can do what they want to, if you don't like it, that's fine, don't buy their products??
2015-4-15
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

AegisFC Posted at 2015-4-16 04:04
This no fly zone thing is out of hand.  The majority of flyers exercise responsibility and self gove ...

I agree with you Aegis FC, this feature like you said is OUT OF HAND for a majority but sadly not for a minority.
And when i say SLOW DOWN then i mean the kind of language and not what he wants to say.

Again, when you say to somebody that he is stupid (then it's not the beginning of a constructive exchange of points of view).

Have a good flight
2015-4-15
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can relate to the OP frustration but I agree that such tone will not get him very far, nor would being as polite as a British prime minister so it really doesn't matter the tone. Unfortunately, it is what it is, at least for now. Remember, we are all the settlers marching into a new fronter. Like it or not, its the settlers that get all the arrows.  
2015-4-15
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reading another post about this NFZ, it appears to be an error on the size of the zone and has been fixed already.
2015-4-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Calm down man. If I were you I would send a mail to flysafe@dji.com regarding this problem.
We are listening.
2015-4-16
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

precisionair Posted at 2015-4-16 05:03
While I can understand the argument from the perspective of less regulation and more freedom, this r ...

I would agree with you 100% if all of DJI's products incorporated a no fly zone restriction.  They do not.
2015-4-16
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.1

United States

I think it has to do with scale. You crash your car you kill 1-2 people or in the worst case a bus full of nuns. You run your drone into a jet engine or hit the cockpit or otherwise cause a crash you potentially kill 250-300 people. Personally I can't stand idiots who think it's a good idea to fly around a fricking airport!  That being said I think the San Diego NFZ was an error. It is supposed to be a 1.5 mile NFZ and then graduated height restrictions out to 5 miles I think.
2015-4-16
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sure, one could move to another platform but 4-5K$ investment is lost based upon advertising and marketing info from DJI never mentioning NFZ in future firmware is a problem for my Lawyer on retainer to work out with the FTC and DJI.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules