OSMO mobile Firmware update failed
13669 11 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael_in_TO
lvl.1
Canada

Failed update...now under firmware, the version says "unknown" and I can not update. Does anyone know a workaround for this. Need to shoot in 2 hours!!!!
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Michael, sorry for the late response because of the time difference.
Do you still have the problem? You can also update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2.
1. Download DJI Assistant 2 and install it in your computer.
2. Connect Osmo Mobile to your computer via the charging cable.
3. Login your DJI account and update the firmware in DJI Assistant 2.Please let me know if it helps.
2017-12-10
Use props
fans0d5360e7
New
Singapore

My firmware update failed but I updated it via DJI Assistant 2.
The light is now Solid green and managed to connect it to my phone but when I check the settings and click on gimble, it says to connect the device.
What should I do?
2018-2-13
Use props
fans0d5360e7
New
Singapore

fans0d5360e7 Posted at 2018-2-13 05:12
My firmware update failed but I updated it via DJI Assistant 2.
The light is now Solid green and managed to connect it to my phone but when I check the settings and click on gimble, it says to connect the device.
What should I do?

Works on Samsung but not iPhone.
2018-2-13
Use props
ceesoup
New

Philippines

The app on android cant update firmware. The App on PC (win10) cant detect my osmo. Someone on dji has to help.
2018-3-17
Use props
Daniel G.
lvl.1

My Osmo Mobile 2 locked after failure firmware update..
20180408_214501.jpg
2018-4-9
Use props
Daniel G.
lvl.1

The app on Android can't update firmware.
Is no Assistant 2 on PC and Mac can't detected my Oslo Mobile 2 without manufacture drivers for USB
2018-4-9
Use props
BernieHellberg
New
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-10 20:22
Hi Michael, sorry for the late response because of the time difference.
Do you still have the problem? You can also update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2.
1. Download DJI Assistant 2 and install it in your computer.

Please help!

My firmware update also fails using Assistant 2. Now the Osmo only shows a solid red light but firmware update won't work.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Daniel G. Posted at 2018-4-9 10:15
My Osmo Mobile 2 locked after failure firmware update..

I would recommend to uninstall and re-install the app (ensure that all of the files are saved before deleting the app) then reconnect your phone to your Osmo mobile 2 and check if there's an option to update the firmware again, I strongly suggest as well if ever we do have an option to use different phone try to use it and check if we can update the firmware on the other device. Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_tNmB0VYQXugd
New

Israel

Hi . Got osmo mobile 3 today. Update the gimbal and now it’s stuck reverse and the gimbal control buttons don’t work. Have a Bluetooth connection. I tried to remove and reinstall app , I tried on other phone, same problem. How can I resolve it?
Thanks
2020-5-26
Use props
cdhowse.ont
New

Canada

I have the same problem, now the light on the Mobile 3 blinks green/red and the app cannot see the Mobile 3.  DJI assistant 2 is of no help, it doesn't see the Mobile 3 either.  HOW CAN I FIX THIS BRICK?
Edit- I have calmed down now.  I found some other instructions to delete the DJI app and reinstall.  This allowed the app to see the Mobile 3 again and the firmware update worked this time.  Everything seems to be cleared up now.
2020-7-19
Use props
mjcasa
New

United States

A month ago I was able to use my Osmo Mobile gimbal (original) just fine with my iPhone 11 Pro.  Yesterday when I tried to use it,  the DJI app no longer recognized that the device is connected to the phone's Bluetooth.  It will pair, but then when I go to the app, it says that I need to make sure the Bluetooth is paired. I tried rebooting both phone and gimbal and selecting 'Forget This Device' on the phone's Bluetooth settings, I even tried deleting the DJI Go app from my phone and downloading again.  NO GO.

I called DJI customer service yesterday and was directed to the webpage offering the firmware update,  DJI Assistant 2.  When I downloaded the software on my new Mac running OS Big Sur 11.2.1, and went to install/run it, I got a message that it is incompatible with my operating system software.  The only solution that the CS rep was able to offer was for me to try downloading the firmware on another computer and/or using the gimbal with another phone...REALLY??  He also told me that unfortunately, my gimbal of 4 short years is now 'old'.  

I am completely livid that this should happen to me midway during a work project and during an epidemic where I cannot just bebop over to a friend's house or an office and scavenger around for an older version of a Mac OS and an unused cell phone.  Am I to understand that this expensive product of yours is taking a back seat in terms of further development or worse, is now obsolete?? It's one thing if this device were a fancy selfie stick that could be resold to a novice, but I'm not even afforded that option and I am now stuck with a useless wand with a heavy carbon imprint!!
2021-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules