Firmware Update - Help Please
618 0 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

I am so nervous to update to the new firmware but know that I have to.
I have read the instructions on how to update as well as used the chart that Dundee created.
I first erased/formated my card (via my computer) and downloaded the new firmware from DJI.
Questions:
I unzip the file and but the bin onto the sd card?
I then put the sd card into the gimbal and turned it on. Gimbal spun (like usual) and the yellow light began flashing.  No beeps though.
TX and app are both off, just the aircraft is on.
I waited about 45 minutes and no beeps confirming update had finished.  I was forced to turn the aircraft off as I needed to go to work.
I took a look at the sd card and some folders had been created but no txt file confirming failure or success with the update.  just empty folders.
Questions:
Is it the bin or the zip that should be on the sd card before updating aircraft, TX and betteries?
I start with the aircraft upgrade first. Do I update with the TX and App open to minitor progress (like previous updates)?
Am I supposed to hear beeps that the upgrade has begun or if the yellow light is blink (looks like it is doing something), the update has initialized?
How much time should I be alloting for each upgrade?
I understand that it's aircraft, tx then each battery that needs to be upgraded.

I appreciate your help.

Peter
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules